Angel - The Casablanca Years (7CD) (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Okt 2018, 12:22

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 755 mb

Bio:

Angel is an American glam and hard rock band from Washington, D.C., United States, formed in the mid-1970s by Punky Meadows and Mickie Jones. They were signed to Casablanca Records, and had the image of dressing in white.Angel was discovered by Kiss bass player Gene Simmons performing at a nightclub and was eventually signed to the same label as Kiss, Casablanca.Angel's image of dressing in all white was a deliberate contrast to Kiss, which wore black. Angel sported an androgynous image and elaborate stage sets. They were slammed by rock critics, and Frank Zappa ridiculed the all-male band’s female appearance in the song “Punky’s Whips”.Angel never achieved mass commercial success but acquired a following as a cult band.Their first album was the self-titled Angel and consisted of guitarist Punky Meadows, bassist Mickie Jones, vocalist Frank DiMino, keyboardist Gregg Giuffria, and drummer Barry Brandt.This lineup would hold for the following two albums, Helluva Band and On Earth as It Is in Heaven, after which Jones would be replaced by Felix Robinson.They made an appearance in the film Foxes and Frank DiMino sang “Seduce Me Tonight” on the Flashdance soundtrack.DiMino and Meadows departed the band in 1981, and the remaining members brought in vocalist Fergie Frederiksen (later of Toto) and guitarist Ricky Phillips (later of The Babys, then Bad English, then Styx), but this lineup dissolved shortly thereafter.The former members of Angel went on to other things following the release of their live album. Lead vocalist Frank DiMino joined UFO guitarist Paul Raymond in the Paul Raymond Project in which he sang lead vocals. Bassist Felix Robinson played on the debut album of the band White Lion, Fight to Survive. Angel’s keyboardist Gregg Giuffria had modest success as the leader of the band Giuffria during the 1980s as well as with the band House of Lords, who - sans Giuffria - reunited in 2002 and released a new album, The Power and the Myth on Frontiers Records. In 2006, Giuffria appeared as a guest keyboardist on House of Lords' LP World Upside Down, and they released Come to My Kingdom in 2008 without Giuffria.In the late 1990s, Angel reformed with a new line-up. Keyboardist Gordon G.G. Gebert joined the band in 1999 but left in 2002. Currently, the band members are Frank DiMino, vocals; Barry Brandt, drums; Randy Gregg, bass; Steve Blaze, guitars; and Michael T. Ross, keyboards.[4] The band’s 1999 release In the Beginning also features guest appearances by original guitarist Punky Meadows, as well as Robinson. In 2000 came the release of Angel: The Collection, making it the most extensive Angel greatest hits compilation, including 16 songs.In 2006, Angel released two singles albums which has singles released through the band’s career (1975-1981), and even though it has most singles released at that time it does not include “Better Days” which was taken off the White Hot album and replaced with “The Winter Song”. This song remains unreleased on CD or cassette format. It is however available as a 7" single but is very hard to find. Angel is now working on a new album, which so far has no name, but has three songs written for it. They are: “Worship the Sun”, “Hold On to Your Dreams”, and the third untitled song.Bassist and founding member Mickie Jones died in San Dimas, California on September 5, 2009, after a long battle with liver cancer. Jones performed on four Angel albums (Angel, Helluva Band, On Earth as It Is in Heaven and An Anthology). He toured extensively with the band in the United States for several years. Before Angel, he played in the rock group BUX, which included guitarist Punky Meadows (Angel) and singer Ralph Morman (Joe Perry Project, and Savoy Brown). BUX released one album on Capitol Records, We Come to Play in 1976. Both Jones and Meadows were asked to join the New York Dolls but declined. After leaving Angel, he formed the Los Angeles band EMPIRE and was the lead singer. Empire included drummer Steve Riley (L.A. Guns). Over the years, he became interested in film production and would later work in the film industry.Singer Frank DiMino now resides in Las Vegas, Nevada and plays in classic rock tribute bands. Recently, he appeared on the Sin City Sinners Christmas album, singing lead vocals on the holiday classic "Winter Wonderland". Meadows issued his first-ever solo album in 2016, Fallen Angel.

Album:

Caroline Records just released an extensive, mammoth seven-disc Box Set celebrating legendary, Washington DC-bred glam/rock outfit ANGEL. Entitled "Angel: The Casablanca Years", the band-approved Box includes all the complete discography with the label, remastered, plus a bonus disc 'Rarities' with songs available for the first time on CD.Formed in Washington DC in the mid '70s, Angel were allegedly discovered playing in a nightclub by bassist Gene Simmons, and subsequently signed Kiss’ then label Casablanca.A big lush sound and the band dressed in white, they stood out in more ways than one. And their label has rotational symmetry too – it reads the same upside down.The originally line-up comprised vocalist Frank DiMino, guitarist Punky Meadows, bassist Mickie Jones, drummer Barry Brandt and keyboard player Gregg Giuffria.The original eponymous debut had some progressive roots too. The mix of acoustic and electric guitars with layered keyboards courtesy of Giuffria and even occasional flute make for a big sound, and the big vocals have range and power that overlay the strings well.The second (and better known) album ‘Helluva Band’ was even bigger, and although a little more mainstream it featured Gregg's ivory in a bigger role, at times a nod to Keith Emerson in his playing.Some of the tracks are quite gentle, but aren’t without their charm, and there’s some blistering guitar work too.Third album ‘On Earth As It Is In Heaven’ was the last to feature bassist Jones. The album was produced by the legendary Eddie Kramer.The record kicks off much heavier, it’s solid and there’s some great tracks. Crunchy at times, commercial at others.1978’s ‘White Hot’, one of the band’s most mainstream, commercial and successful outputs, featured new bassist Felix Robinson. The track ‘Ain’t Gonna Eat My Heart Out Any More’ was a minor hit, very radio friendly.Compare this and the debut and they’re a mile apart, but listen to the albums in order and the journey seems obvious.By 1979 and ‘Sinful’, their fifth (and final, before reformations) studio album, was their more melodic rock / AOR yet, but still had some serious rock’n’roll moments. Going a similar way to Kiss at the time. The piano on ‘LA Lady’ is almost American FM radio / AOR with a bluesy foundation.The double album ‘Live Without A Net’ is one of the highlights of this Box. This is the first time this recording has been properly remastered, originally a bit muddy, now sounds in all its glory.Here, Angel hoped would do for them as Alive had done for Kiss. It actually led to their breakup. A shame. It’s a great album that had a solid setlist from across the career.Despite the move from prog/glam to mainstream hard rock, things never worked out for Angel as the live set shows.And the other highlight here is the bonus disc 7: 'Rarities'.We find the all the Angel singles - different versions of the album tracks, some remixed - B-sides, and the legendary theme song for the movie 'Foxes'.There's 3 versions of '20th Century Foxes'; the 'Mono Mix', the 'Stereo', and the original full version that appears only on the "Foxes" soundtrack (vinyl LP out of print) two minutes longer than the included into Angel's 'Anthology'.Additionally, this is not the version of '20th Century Foxes' included as bonus track into a 'Sinful' reissue: here the chorus says "Running with the foxes..." instead of singing "20th century foxes..."So, it's exclusive to this Box.The band’s catalogue has been compiled and reissued several times. And by one label who have done things piecemeal. This package, however, compiles the complete works, fully remastered.The music and packaging are both excellent and this whole thing demands a place in any record collection. It’s how things should be done.

Line-Up:

Frank DiMino: Vocals
Punky Meadows: Acoustic & Electric Guitars
Gregg Giuffria: Keyboards, Synths, Vocals
Mickie Jones: Bass
Barry Brandt: Drums
additional personnel:
Dan Wyman: Synthesizer, Programming

Tracklist:

CD1 - ANGEL (1975)

01. Tower
02. Long Time
03. Rock & Rollers
04. Broken Dreams
05. Mariner
06. Sunday Morning
07. On & On
08. Angel (Theme)

CD2 - HELLUVA BAND (1976)

01. Feelin' Right
02. The Fortune
03. Anyway, You Want It
04. Dr. Ice
05. Mirrors
06. Feelings
07. Pressure Point
08. Chicken Soup
09. Angel Theme

CD3 - ON EARTH AS IT IS ON HEAVEN (1977)

01. Can You Feel It
02. She's a Mover
03. Big Boy (Let's Do It Again)
04. Telephone Exchange
05. White Lightning
06. On the Rocks
07. You're Not Fooling Me
08. That Magic Touch
09. Cast the First Stone
10. Just a Dream

CD4 - WHITE HOT (1978)

01. Don't Leave Me Lonely
02. Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore
03. Hold Me, Squeeze Me
04. Over and Over
05. Under Suspicion
06. Got Love if You Want It
07. Stick Like Glue
08. Flying With Broken Wings (Without You)
09. You Could Lose Me
10. The Winter Song

CD5 - SINFUL (1979)

01. Don't Take Your Love
02. L.A. Lady
03. Just Can't Take It
04. You Can't Buy Love
05. Bad Time
06. Waited a Long Time
07. I'll Bring the Whole World to Your Door
08. I'll Never Fall in Love Again
09. Wild and Hot
10. Lovers Live On

CD6 - LIVE WITHOUT A NET (1980)

01. Tower
02. Can You Feel It
03. Don't Leave Me Lonely
04. Telephone Exchange
05. I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore
06. Over and Over
07. Anyway, You Want It
08. On the Rocks
09. Wild & Hot
10. All the Young Dudes
11. Rock & Rollers
12. White Lightning
13. Hold Me, Squeeze Me
14. Got Love if You Want It
15. Feelin' Right
16. 20th Century Foxes

CD7 - (BONUS MATERIAL)

01. Rock & Rollers [Mono Mix]
02. That Magic Touch [Mono Mix]
03. Winter Song [Mono Mix]
04. Flying With Broken Wings (Without You) [Mono Mix]
05. Don't Leave Me Lonely [Mono Mix]
06. Don't Take Your Love [Mono Mix]
07. 20th Century Foxes [Mono Mix]
08. Rock & Rollers [Single Edit]
09. On & On [Single Edit]
10. Tower [Single Edit]
11. Don't Leave Me Lonely [Single Edit]
12. 20th Century Foxes [Stereo Edit]
13. Better Days [Single B]
14. Walk Away Renee-Anthology
15. Virginia [Foxes Soundtrack]
16. 20th Century Foxes [Foxes Soundtrack]
17. The Christmas Song [Single Edit]

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných