The Cruel Intentions - No Sign Of Relief (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Sep 2018, 12:02

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Glam Sleaze Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos
Size : 161 mb

Bio:

Thought rock 'n roll was dead? Think again!After years of silence the time has come!Lizzy DeVine (ex-Vains of Jenna) have teamed up with fellow swede Mats Wernerson (Bass) and Norwegian rockers Eiliv Sagrusten (Drums) and Kristian Nygaard Solhaug (Lead Guitar).Get ready! Be prepared! This shit might make you go Borderline Crazy...."Former Vains of Jenna singer Lizzy DeVine has hooked up with fellow Swede Mats Wernerson and Norwegian rock monsters Eiliv Sagrusten and Kristian Nygaard Solhaug to form The Cruel Intentions. As you'd expect, they have more swagger than a dozen penguins bloated on krill. If you cut Lizzy in half, we think, he'd have 'rock'n'roll' written through his guts like Blackpool candy. But made out of meat." - Classic Rock Magazine, April 2015

Album:

Life throws us curveballs sometimes. The first time I heard The Cruel Intentions was well over a year ago, and I just did not get them at all. The song apparently hit me at the wrong time as I could not get into Lizzy DeVine’s vocals on the video I saw and wondered why there was so much hype surrounding the band. All I can say is I was either watching a poor-quality video at the time or was just in a bad headspace to hear the band. I had checked out their video for new song ‘Reckoning’ a month or two ago and started going backwards through their prior singles. The band have obviously taken their time to craft a highly enjoyable, quality album that should explode with some exposure.‘Jawbreaker’ doesn’t just open the album; it grabs you by the neck and demands your attention while your hands fumble to turn the volume up higher. This rapid fire sleazy hard rocker provides the perfect opening as the opening riff segue ways into a three-minute burst of adrenalin with a contagious chorus that demands you start singing along with Lizzy DeVine. ‘All I want to do is rock ‘n’ roll til I die’ provides the mission statement for the album at the end of the song. There is no let up in energy or quality as ‘The Reckoning’ explodes out of the speakers like a freight train covered in hooks that will not let go. Kristian Solhaug’s guitar work on the record is phenomenal from the riffs to the solos. ‘Genie’s Got a Problem’ reminds me of early DGeneration with the punk/ street glam approach and simple hook making an immediate statement from this short burst of energy.‘Weekend Suffering’ continues the mastery with Mats Wernerson (bass) and Robin Nilsson (drums) creating some dynamics to help push the huge hook here. Solhaug lays down an awesome solo. If you are not shouting the title in the chorus by the end of the song, it would be advised to make sure you have a pulse. ‘Borderline Crazy’ will be familiar to older fans of the band as the band channels early Motley Crue, Skid Row, and the like but with some modern touches. I am a firm believer that if you put the Cruel Intentions on tour with someone like Guns ‘N Roses today they would sell at least a million records. Next up is ‘Check Your Head’ (not a cover of the Buckcherry song in case you were wondering) with this one really highlighting how awesome DeVine’s vocals fit this band and approach. They drip with sincerity, attitude, aggression, and at times sound like your best friend telling you everything is going to work out okay. The mix on this album is faultless as each musician gets heard with subtle pushes when needed such as the way the guitar solos rip through the speakers.One of my favorite songs ‘Sick Adrenaline’ combines a catchy verse with another chorus that will have you singing it in no time. It’s such a great feeling to have an album where you keep wanting to hit repeat on every track; the best solution has been to just keep this whole album on repeat. This is song after song that should be a hit single. ‘Everybody Riot’ proves to be no exception as this is another hard rocker crafted for audience participation. ‘Go Fuck Yourself’ leaves little mystery in its lyrical content. This one bounces out of the gate with Wernerson and Nilsson again laying claim to some awesome rhythm work as the song switches to a faster gear. There is such an uplifting spirit to the chorus that you cannot help but smile.As we sadly near the end of the album, ‘Chaos in a Bombshell’ let’s us know we are not finished yet. The huge backing vocals carry every ounce of attitude you could hope to hear. Too often today, we hear about albums being front loaded with a few good songs at the start and then a bunch of filler at the back of the record. That does not exist in the world of the Cruel Intentions. There is no let up in these 11 songs. Even with several listens, it is impossible to sit still when playing this album. Finale ‘Devilicious’ switches from fifth gear to fourth gear with the sleaze factor to the tenth power as the album reaches its powerful conclusion.Album of the year contender? Yes, it is. In a year that has seen several albums fighting strongly for my favorite album of the year, the Cruel Intentions have battered down the door to fight for that top spot with a few other albums. I actually cannot remember a year when 2/3 of the way through the year I had so many albums that could easily be my favorite. When, not if but when, you buy this album, I would also recommend completing your collection with their other early songs that did not make the album. With the band, turning up the amps to 11 and laying waste to everything in sight, one of the songs they did not include is the magnificent ‘White Pony,’ which is a more midtempo song that should be a hit single at some point in the future. Cultural musical revolutions (‘Pyromania’ and ‘Nevermind’ for example) get started with albums like this when we suddenly see the change in what society as a whole wants to hear.

Line Up:

Lizzy DeVine - Vocals / Guitar (ex-Vains of Jenna)
Kristian Nygaard Solhaug - Lead Guitar
Mats Wernerson - Bass
Eiliv Sagrusten - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Jawbreaker
02. Reckoning
03. Genie's Got a Problem
04. Weekend Suffering
05. Borderline Crazy
06. Check Your Head
07. Sick Adrenaline
08. Everybody Riot
09. Go Fuck Yourself
10. Chaos In a Bombshell
11. Devilicious

+ Video "Reckoning" (Official Video)
+ Video "Jawbreaker" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných