Barren Earth - A Complex Of Cages (Limited Edition Digipak) (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Aug 2018, 09:02

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 136 mb

Bio:

BARREN EARTH was formed in Helsinki in the autumn of 2007. This new ambitious, progressive death metal band was originally conceived in late 2006. With a head full of new, brutal, yet melodic songs, Olli-Pekka Laine(ex-Amorphis, Mannhai) asked drummer Marko Tarvonen (Moonsorrow), to form a new progressive death metal group with him. Around 2005 Tarvonen, keyboardist Kasper Mårtenson (ex-Amorphis, Ben Granfelt Band) and Laine played in a prog-rock project called The Camel Gang (influenced by The James Gang and English prog-rock band Camel), so they knew they already had the chemistry. Tarvonen agreed to go for it, Mårtenson and guitarist Janne Perttilä joined the band as well, and little by little things started snowballing towards the first incarnation of BARREN EARTH.At the end of 2007 Tarvonen, Laine, Mårtenson and Perttilä gathered together, and laid down the final plans. Still lacking a lead guitarist, the guys called their old friend Sami Yli-Sirniö (Kreator, Waltari), as they knew his playing style to be a perfect match. Rehearsals began immediately, and by the summer of 2008, BARREN EARTH found themselves in the studio, recording the four first songs they had put together. When it came down to finding a vocalist, the name of Mikko Kotamäki (Swallow The Sun) popped up. The band knew that Kotamäki’s skills in growling and singing were what the fresh promotional recording screamed for. Luckily he agreed to join, and BARREN EARTH had found its final form.The music of BARREN EARTH combines elements of modern and traditional death metal, with 70's prog rock and folk. Among the band's influences are artists like Paradise Lost, Opeth, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull and also some pioneers of Finnish prog.The members' individual backgrounds in many internationally known and acclaimed outfits is a testament to the quality of the band's music. These same backgrounds are obviously also echoed in BARREN EARTH's music.

Album:

BARREN EARTH’s fifth full length album shows the band further exploring folk and prog elements…and the metal world is all the better for it. Don’t be too shocked—they still retain much of their Doom and Death Metal roots but with the added bonus of being more refined and taking ideas a step further. When this band fleshes everything out and just lets loose, there are few in modern metal who can take them on.The alternating of clean/Death vocals is obviously nothing new to the genre, but very few have mastered it like Jon Aldara have. If I was already familiar with the band, and someone randomly played them for me, I would had never guessed this guy was doing all the vocals. His versatility and in inflection is playful, operatic, theatrical, brutal, beautiful, and sometimes just down right evil.The opening track, “The Living Fortress,” is probably the most aptly titled track I’ve heard this year. Indeed, the song is a barricade of heaviness and mood changes that flow so well it does seem as if it alive. New keyboardist Antti adds so much to the song (and the whole album), effortlessly blending in with the guitar and the very structure of the song itself. You couldn't remove the keyboards any more than the other instruments without majorly changing their sound. Not only do his keys consistently compliment the songs but they are some of the most important fabric of their very structure.Whereas that song showcased how far the band has come in exploring their sound, the next track, “Ruby,” reminds us they can still bring on the pain. Aldara’s vocals are truly frightening here as are Sami’s and Janne’s sludgy riffs that also find a way to give way to some dark melodies during the chorus. “Further Down,” finds the guitars creating the atmosphere this time around, the dual riffs definitely giving off the vibe of falling into something from which there is no escape. The chorus is catchy as hell and I found myself singing it to myself all day while I was at work.Olli-Pekka Laine and Marko Tarvonen are one fuck of a rhythm army. I say army because they do the work of what sounds like several dozen people. Olli definitely plays a crucial role in making BARREN EARTH even heavier and his interplay with the guitars is tight yet fluid. It has been said that the essence of metal drumming is to create a constant beat using speed, power, and precision. MARKO takes that to heart, providing all of these elements in spades but it never seems overbearing and in some songs, such as “Solitude Pith,” is boundlessly creative.Speaking of the aforementioned song, it is a Prog wet dream with multiple tempos, atmosphere, and the entire band putting everything they can do in one song. The highlight is the middle of the song where the band plays around with some weird songs that go into some Egyptian/Middle Eastern styles before sliding right back into the Death Metal, complete with demonic vocals and a crazy guitar solo. The whole song is so effortless in its many journeys it sent me on that I almost couldn’t believe it. BARREN EARTH have hit their stride so far into the atmosphere that it will no doubt go down in my top 10 of the year and probably go down as the best Prog album as well.

Line Up:

Olli-Pekka Laine Bass, Vocals (backing) (2007-present) - See also: Amorphis, Mannhai, ex-Nuxvomica, ex-Chaosbreed, Kiljuvelka-70, ex-Rytmihäiriö
Marko Tarvonen Drums (2007-present) - See also: Moonsorrow, October Falls, Thy Serpent, Lakupaavi, ex-Arthemesia, ex-Gorewinter, ex-Masturbory, ex-The Wicked, ex-Chaosbreed, Larharyhmä, ex-Circus of Flesh, ex-Kuha, ex-Thunderdogs
Janne Perttilä Guitars, Vocals (backing) (2007-present) - See also: Põhjast, Rytmihäiriö, Moonsorrow (live), Lakupaavi, ex-The Sinkage, ex-Wind of Pain, ex-Milkweed, Circus of Flesh, Oheisvasara, ex-True Black Dawn (live), ex-Acabó el Silencio
Sami Yli-Sirniö Guitars, Vocals (backing) (2007-present) - See also: Kreator, Waltari, ex-Kyyria, ex-Brainwash, ex-In Rags
Jón Aldará Vocals (2014-present) - See also: Clouds, Hamferð, ex-Hatursvart, ex-Solbrud
Antti Myllynen Keyboards (2017-present) - See also: ex-Path of Annihilation, ex-Creinium

Tracklist:

01. The Living Fortress
02. The Ruby
03. Further Down
04. Zeal
05. Scatterprey
06. Solitude Pith
07. Dysphoria
08. Spire
09. Withdrawal

+ Video "The Ruby" (Official Video)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Password: horex

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných