Doro - Warrior Soul (2006) (Rare Diamonds Productions 2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Júl 2018, 12:54

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2006 (Rare Diamonds Productions 2018)
Style : Heavy Metal , Hard Rock , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 800 mb

Bio:

Dorothee Pesch (born 3 June 1964, Düsseldorf, Germany), popularly known as Doro Pesch or Doro, is a German hard rock vocalist and songwriter, formerly front-woman of the heavy metal band Warlock. The name Doro has also been associated with the touring band accompanying the singer, whose members have continuously changed in more than twenty years of uninterrupted activity, the most stable presences guaranteed by bassist Nick Douglas and drummer Johnny Dee.Doro started her career in garage bands in native Düsseldorf underground scene and achieved media visibility and some commercial success with Warlock in the 1980s. Warlock were starting to have an opening in the US market, when they went through many line-up changes and Pesch was left the only original member of the band. She started a solo career under the name Doro, in order to avoid legal battles between her record label PolyGram and her former manager. She released two albums in the US with producers Joey Balin and Gene Simmons, but they were not the breakthrough that she hoped.During the rise of grunge and alternative rock in the 1990s, her record label relegated her productions only to the European region, where she continued to tour extensively. She remained a successful charting artist in Germany, despite living and producing her albums in the US. When classic heavy metal found again the favour of the public, she returned to tour all over the world and her popularity as a veteran singer grew considerably, inspiring many new female metal artists. Doro is also known for her duets performed both live and in studio with other singers and musicians of the metal scene, whom she has befriended in her long career.To this date, she has released sixteen studio albums, the latest being Raise Your Fist in 2012. Doro continues her recording career and is prolific touring artist all over the world. When not on tour, she resides in New York City.In June 2013, the music magazine Metal Hammer assigned Doro the Golden God Legend award.

Album:

2006 release from the German queen of metal. Warrior Soul is the tenth studio album of the German female hard rock singer Doro Pesch. The recording of the album took a prolonged time, due to singer Doro Pesch filming the movie Anuk - Der Weg des Kriegers, starring as Meha. The film was shot in Switzerland in 2005 and directed by Luke Gasser. The song "Warrior Soul" is included in the movie soundtrack and Gasser is credited as co-producer of the album, which was partially recorded in Switzerland with session musicians. The album reached #27 on the German Longplay chart.23 years is a long time to be out on the road living the heavy metal high life, and Doro has come through it all looking almost as good as when she first began burning the witches in 1984 with Warlock. Like all good things, Warlock came to an end and what followed was a long difficult period of trying to bring the heavy metal sound to a generation of kids who wanted flannels, body odor, and unshaven faced lawnmower men. What impresses me more than anything is despite all the hits and misfires that happened between 1989 and now, she never relented, and kept putting out material.I was fortunate enough to catch Doro live about 6 or 7 months back in Allentown Pennsylvania, home of bassist Nick Douglas, not much more than a 15 minute drive from my house. I remember the human side of this amazing woman being on full display as she thanked her small but faithful audience again and again, singing 5 encore songs and wishing she had the time to give us more. I remember how deeply she blushed when Joe, a mutual friend of mine and Nick’s brought out a surprise cake (the gig was on Doro’s birthday) and the entire audience sang happy birthday. There may have only been 50 or 60 people in the Croc Rock that night, a small trifle compared to the sold out arenas she plays in Germany, but it showcased what this music has always meant to me: giving it your all, whether it’s to 50 people or 5,000.“Warrior Soul” embodies the essence of what Warlock was about until it came to an end; good old fashioned Judas Priest inspired heavy metal without all the groove gimmicks, goofily grunted Fred Durst garbage, or overly distorted noise. The songs are simple in their presentation, putting forth basic riffs meant to stick in the head, rather than impress with overbearing intrigue. Lead work is tasteful and often short, as has always been the case since the first Warlock album. The production is modernistic, complete with low reverb drums, but relies on keyboards for atmosphere to balance out the drier approach to the traditional instrumentation.If there was a previous album that I could compare this one to, the closest would be Warlock’s “Triumph and Agony”, but even in that case there is a good amount of difference to keep it well out of the realm of self-plagiarism. “You’re my family” and “Strangers Yesterday” are the obligatory crowd sing along anthems, with memorable choruses and a solid yet simple musical arrangement. “Haunted Heart” is the strongest up tempo song on here, but has a nice drawn out, Manowar-like slow section to change things up a bit. The title track and “Heaven I see” are loaded with atmosphere, almost ballad-like, but definitely far from easy listening. In fact, with the exception of “Creep into my brain” (which is too modern rock sounding for my taste), everything on here is excellent.One thing is for certain, this amazing career that Doro has had is not over yet, not by the ground that this album regained for the traditional 80s resurgence that’s been going on recently. If you liked what you heard with Warlock and with Doro’s first solo album “Force Majeure”, this is cut from the same grain and will also agree with your ears. I heard half of these songs live 3 weeks before I bought the album, and I can testify that they sound even better live and that although I may have to drive further next time, I do plan to catch her again the next time she hits the States.

Line-Up:

Doro Pesch – vocals
Joe Taylor – guitars, backing vocals
Nick Douglas – bass, keyboards, backing vocals
Johnny Dee – drums, backing vocals
Oliver Palotai – keyboards, guitars, backing vocals
additional musicians:
Steve ‘Hef’ Häflinger – guitars
Oli Häller – drums
Tim Husung – drums
Thomi Imhof – bass
Chris Lietz – guitars, keyboards
Torsten Sickert – guitars, keyboards, bass
Klaus Vanscheidt – guitars

Tracklist:

01. You're My Family
02. Haunted Heart
03. Strangers Yesterday
04. Thunderspell
05. Warrior Soul
06. Heaven I See
07. Creep into My Brain
08. Above the Ashes
09. My Majesty
10. In Liebe und Freundschaft
11. Ungebrochen
12. Shine on
13. Angel in the Dark (Bonus Track)
14. 1999 (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 10 neregistrovaných