Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 150 mb

Bio:

The band began their journey in 2009, with a collaboration between the composer and keyboardist Yoav Efron and drummer Yogev Gabay. The two were later joined, in 2011, by vocalist Misha Soukhinin, guitarist Guy Landau, and bassist Iggy 'Jalapeno' Cohen to complete the final lineup.Prior to that, in 2006, Yoav composed the first song "Utopia" which later became the title for their debut album. Later that year he composed the rest of the tracks that are destined to appear in "Utopia".Released digitally on May 14th, 2012, "Utopia" in just a short period of time, has won praise and respect worldwide for it's highly complex and intense arrangements, its virtuosic musicianship, and its ability to captivate the listener.During 2013 the band started working on their second album which due to be released in the beginning of 2014 and got nominated for the "Limelight" (Best new band) award in the prestigious "Progressive Music Awards 2013" competition which is held by the British "Prog" magazine.Distorted Harmony has established itself as Israel's leading progressive metal band and aspires to be recognized as one of the leading bands in Prog / Metal as well as the overall worldwide music scene.

Album:

I have been a fan of Distorted Harmony since their debut album Utopia, and consider their second album, Chain Reaction, a true classic. I was excited to hear what they have in store for their next. Unfortunately, that excitement soon faded.It all started when the band announced the forthcoming release of A Way Out with the track “Time and Time Again”. From this, it was clear that the band had fully embraced a more djenty sound, which I did not appreciate. ‘Oh well‘, I thought, ‘maybe the album will still have the epic choruses and feel good moments that Distorted Harmony are known for.‘ Not so much.The opening moments of “Downfall” introduce the ‘happy’ EDM-influenced synths that I know and love from this band, but then came the djent, with as much subtlety as a steel fist to the face. They try and mix it up with some more classic prog metal moments, but it sounds fairly disjointed, and not in the right way. The dirty vocal snippets of this track really don’t help either. Unfortunately, the whole album is splattered with these kinds of songs. “Room 11” and “Severed” follow suit, sounding even more like every other band out there doing this thing. It’s clear that Distorted Harmony have got hold of some eight-string guitars and are going full-on djent, whether we like it or not.Luckily there is some real gold in-between these djent-a-thons, showing the true unique talent of this band. First we have “Awaken”, which starts with a stripped-down synth and vocal intro that sounds really intimate. The band then head into heavier territory, mixing the more modern eight-string sound with singable choruses and epic synth layers. This is more like it!“Puppet On Strings” shows the band’s lighter side, again managing better to mix in these new influences with their signature sound of atmospheric synths and the fantastic voice of Michael Rose. The instrumental “For Ester” is epic at every turn, with great keys, string arrangements, and riffs playing on all the right emotional heartstrings. Stirring stuff, and it sounds like something that only Distorted Harmony can deliver.A couple of other nice moments include “Anima”, which starts off sounding fairly standard, but leter develops into a great mix of super technicality and shining choruses, and the title track that goes all ‘EDM drum loops underneath another great pop-influenced vocal performance’.This review might sound like I’m over djent, and maybe I am, but that’s not the whole story. I’m all for bands experimenting with new sounds, but before this album, Distorted Harmony were pretty unique. Sure, their original blend of feel good choruses, high clean vocal style, and EDM-style synths might not have been fashionable, but it was damn fine, providing a great listening experience. Rather than adding something new to their sound, the modern influences have detracted from what made the band great. It’s just too heavy-handed in most places. “Puppet On Strings”, “Awaken”, and “A Way Out Of Here” all show that the band are capable of adding these new influences without losing the core sound that makes them Distorted Harmony. More of this subtler blend would have been most welcome.A Way Out is a solid, if flawed, album from one of the more unique-sounding bands from the world of progressive metal. The standout moments are overshadowed by generic riffing and disjointed arrangements that pepper the album. This new-found heavy-handed approach to including more ‘modern’ sounds just detracts from what made Distorted Harmony so good in the first place.

Line-Up:

Yogev Gabay Drums (2009-present)
Yoav Efron Keyboards, Songwriting (2009-present)
Iggy Cohen Bass (2011-present)
Michael Rose Vocals (2011-present)
Amit Plaschkes Guitars (2016-present)
Yoel Genin Guitars (2017-present) - See also: Soul Enema

Tracklist:

01. Downfall 04:44
02. Room 11 03:58
03. Awakened 06:50
04. Severed 04:00
05. Puppet on Strings 04:02
06. For Ester 03:32
07. Anima 03:55
08. A Way Out of Here 02:31
09. Time and Time Again 05:24
10. We Are Free 04:26
11. Someday 03:19

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Password: horex

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 19 neregistrovaných