Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Alternative Rock , Modern Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 156 mb

Bio:

Known as one of the hardest working bands out there, Like A Storm fought hard to be heard. The New Zealand brothers came to the United States knowing no one, and built a diehard and devoted fan-base by tirelessly touring to promote their debut album, The End of The Beginning with top acts such as Alter Bridge, Shinedown & Creed. In the midst of that whirlwind, the road served as the foundation for their forthcoming sophomore set, and first album for Another Century Records, Awaken The Fire.While supporting Creed on a summer 2012 run, the band— Chris Brooks [lead vocals, guitar, didgeridoo,keys/programming], Matt Brooks [vocals, lead guitar, keys/programming], and Kent Brooks [bass, vocals, keys/programming]—would immediately retreat to either their dressing room or hotel after each show and begin recording new music until daybreak. This intense work ethic fostered a fertile creative spell for the boys."We were growing as a band and getting inspired by life on the road," Chris explains. "We never stopped writing as we were touring. Our fans were hungry for new music, and we were hungry to put something out. We didn't want to sit around and wait to see which label came knocking at our door. So, we decided to make the album ourselves, produce it, tour it, and preserve this awesome connection we’re lucky to have with our fans. We made a mobile studio rig and brought it everywhere."Cut on the road, their new hit single "Love The Way You Hate Me" began to make waves on its own. Midwest radio station "The Banana" in Flint, MI started spinning it, and it eventually spent four consecutive weeks at #1, owning the station’s “cage match". Organically, other stations picked up the track, such as KIBZ in Lincoln, adding it to regular rotation. Soon, Sirius XM’s rock station, Octane caught wind of it as well, and it seized #1 on their nationwide Big 'Uns countdown for five weeks. The single eventually went Top 30 on the US active rock charts, a major achievement for a completely independent band, and making them the first New Zealand group to ever do so.It's no surprise though. "Love The Way You Hate Me" slides from a gnashing guitar and entrancing electronic flourishes into a genuinely unshakable refrain. As the musical madness subsides, it breaks into a warped and wild didgeridoo breakdown, heralding the band's proper arrival."The lyrics are important," Chris goes on. "It's funny when we walk through a truck stop or pull over at a diner for some food because everybody turns their heads and looks at us. We were in some tiny town, and someone muttered, 'Freaks', as we were walking past them. It really stuck with us. It's such a great thing to be different and have the freedom to live the life you want to live, rather than conforming to everyone's idea of who you should be. The song's about being true to yourself."As "Love The Way You Hate Me" exploded at airwaves, Century Media reached out and signed the group in 2014. They immediately jumped back into recording, converting a remote lake house in Michigan into a recording studio and self-producing Awaken The Fire. As a result of this approach, Like A Storm fully realized their sound."We're making the music we want to make," the singer exclaims. "There are no rules when we're writing except the three of us have to love whatever we're doing. We push it creatively. We love to see how far we can take things. That's the sound of Like A Storm."Songs like "Six Feet Under" deliver the requisite hard-hitting hooks and kinetic rhythms. Chris adds, "That's about the ups and downs of life in the music industry. We had come up against wall after wall. But we never gave up. It doesn't matter what's in our way. We'll break through it."At the same time, they experimented with "Gangster's Paradise". Like A Storm added a torrent of rock 'n' roll bombast to the Coolio classic, updating it for a new generation.We heard the intro to the song somewhere," recalls Chris. "We all agreed it's one of the coolest intros ever. There's just this dark vibe. We joked like, 'A band could do a really awesome cover of that song!' Then, I said, 'Well, you know we do play in a band. Let's give it a crack'. The result was awesome. Lyrically, it's about as far away from our lifestyle as you could possibly get, but it was really fulfilling and freeing creatively. We saw our own musical identity by reinterpreting this song."Like A Storm also continue to deliver on the road. They've toured with everybody from Alter Bridge and Shinedown to Puddle of Mudd and Drowning Pool, and played high-profile festivals alongside Korn and Five Finger Death Punch. However, they begin their biggest and boldest chapter now.

Album:

The firstt time I came across Like A Storm, it was a bit of a coincidence. I never heard about the band before when I saw them first time live in Vienna two years back, but honestly, there are only very few support acts that caught my attention this much and I’ve been following them ever since.It’s been three years since this hard rock band from New Zealand released their last studio album, so I was really curious about their new record – Catacombs.The album starts with a bit haunting ‘The Devil Inside’, you can hear it is Like A Storm from the beginning, mostly thanks to the didgeridoo. It can be also heard on tracks such as ‘Catacombs’ or ‘Hole In My Heart’, even though not as prominent as on the first track.Apart from the signature didgeridoo and of course the hard rock guitar riffs a welcome diversity is offered by the keys shinning through some of the songs more than the others. Especially the ‘Catacombs’ are a nice combination of all the instruments and I would honestly prefer more songs like this one.‘Bullet In The Head’ provides even a deeper and more massive scale of heaviness on the album. No mistake there, Catacombs as a whole is full of that hard and heavy sound, tracks like ‘Hole In My Heart’ and ‘Complicated (Stitches And Scars)’ being the perfect proof of that, but Bullet is most probably the heaviest one here and really stands out.You can also find a bit slower laid back track here – ‘Out Of Control’, but you would be probably trying to find somewhat of a ballad or a slow song on the album without a success. Honestly, this one is as soft as the album gets and in my opinion, a really slow track would not even fit with such a powerful brutal songs that resonate in Catacombs.Throughout the whole record a certain dark vibe and dark themes can be heard. The song names like ‘The Devil Inside’, ‘Complicated (Stitches And Scars)’ or ‘Bitterness’ are a dead give away, too. Dealing with inner demons and darkness inside of us echoes through the whole album and is the main theme of this album I am sure many of us can perfectly relate to.The distinctive sound of didgeridoo is what really makes the songs stand out and they add to the unique sound of the band created by guitars and Chris Brooks’ vocals. Fortunately, it is not used too widely to get boring and repetitive. On the other hand, at least for me, some of the songs without the instrument sound a little bit generic for me and remind me of some other bands a little bit too much. Still, a clear progress can be seen on the album from the previous releases and the band has a high potential to step up their game even mote and get even bigger. They would surely deserve so.Overall, even though this might not be on the very top of my list of the albums released this year, it is still very solid and enjoyable record. The competition is pretty tough after all, but even despite that I am sure that Catacombs won’t get lost among the tons of records that come out nowadays and I can only suggest giving Catacombs at least a listen. Even more, I would suggest for you to catch this band live, their shows are always a treat and I can already imagine, how great will the new stuff on this record sound played live – and I am already looking forward to it very much.

Line Up:

Chris Brooks (lead vocals, rhythm guitar, keyboards, programming, didgeridoo)
Matt Brooks (lead vocals, lead guitar, keyboards, programming)
Kent Brooks (bass, backing vocals, rhythm guitar, keyboards, programming)
Zach Wood (drums)

Tracklist:

01. The Devil Inside
02. Out Of Control
03. Catacombs
04. Complicated (Stitches & Scars)
05. Solitary
06. The Bitterness
07. Until The Day I Die
08. Hole In My Heart
09. Bullet In The Head
10. These Are The Bridges You Burned Down
11. Pure Evil

+ Video "The Devil Inside" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 23 neregistrovaných