Monument - Hellhound (Limited Edition Digipak) (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Jún 2018, 06:30

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 152 mb

Bio:

Formed in the streets of East London by vocalist Peter Ellis (Ex- White Wizzard, The More I See), MONUMENT is bringing back a sound that has been missing from the UK for nearly 30 years... True British Heavy Metal!With thunderous, melodic bass tones, dual guitar harmonies, rock-solid drum beats and signature falsetto wails, the band is determined to make a difference in today's Metal scene and is celebrating a sound that is rooted in melody and good songwriting that will inspire a new generation of Metal fans.True Metal is back in the Empire and MONUMENT will undoubtedly be the band at the forefront of this new wave.

Album:

The third from Monument, who had proved they knew their way around heavy metal, is resolutely sticking to its denim and leather clad guns. Anyone with a passing knowledge of the bylaws of metal would surely understand what “Hellhound” sounds like just from the cover.But then, there’s three things to take into account here. Firstly, back in the day metal always was visual. Back in the 1980’s and 1990’s we used to buy tapes based on the fact that they had the red Atlantic Sleeve (kids its like a Spotify suggestion but real). Secondly, just because you know what’s going to happen doesn’t mean it’s not great – I mean, crikey, that bit where Del Boy falls through the bar has been on tele about a million times, but it’s still funny – and to that end, Monument are ace at what they do.In fact, lets cut to the chase here, Monument have never been as good as this before. Since I first saw singer Pete Ellis in his brief spell as White Wizard singer (when me and my brother spent a while working out if he actually was Bruce Dickinson) it was clear that he was born to front metal bands. For this record Monument have Gio Durst, a former WW drummer behind the kit, but crucially, they are working with Tony Newton. When he’s not playing bass with Voodoo Six, Newton is doing Iron Maiden’s live sound, and it wouldn’t be too wide of the mark to suggest that he has essentially bottled that sound and sprinkled it all over this.This is very metal – but proper metal if you will, none of that growling and grunting or great big thick downtuned riffs. Instead these nine songs are proud to be in the New Wave of NWOBHM. Indeed, the pirates of “William Kidd” could only be British, they are as British as cricket, moaning about the weather and hating your job.And let’s be fair too, it doesn’t half sound like Maiden. “The Chalice” has, let’s say, hints of “Tailgunner” about it, “Death Avenue” could be from the “Seventh Son” outtakes and so it goes on. However, Maiden are my favourite band, I suspect they are Monument’s too – and Dan Bate, who I first tipped for stardom on my first blog about a decade back when he was in Brummie underground heroes Point Blank Fury, unleashes some kind of Steve Harris shit here.Monument aren’t some bullshit tribute act, though. Instead, they are skilled enough to invoke Priest on “Nightrider” which has some big old bollocks and big riffing to match, although – perhaps tellingly – the title track settles in for a right old gallop.“Wheels Of Steel” – not a Saxon cover – talks about “Iron Horses” riding like “knights of old” and “feeling engines roar between your thigs” – double entendre’s aside if they are the cowboys riding iron horses than Bon Jovi have passed the baton.“The End” is infused with a bit of prog and some epic intent, and “Atilla” is only here for a headbang and sounds like something from the recent Riot V record. Nine songs (just like the classic metal albums should always be) end with “Straight Through The Heart” which is gleeful, soaring and as joyful as you likeAnd that, dare we say, is the point. This is not the sound of moshpits, this is the sound of patches on denim jackets, fists in the air – we’ll allow you a devil horn if you want – and beer. There’ll be those who say its derivative, while at the same time bemoaning the fact there are no up and coming metal bands to replace the old guard. Here’s one. And “Hellhound” is a hell of a statement.

Line-Up:

Peter Ellis Vocals (2011-present) - See also: ex-The More I See, ex-White Wizzard
Lewis Stephens Guitars (2012-2014, 2014-present) - See also: ex-White Wizzard
Dan Baune Guitars (2013-present) - See also: ex-Calatrilloz, ex-Day40
Dan Bate Bass (2014-present) - See also: ex-Absolva, ex-Blaze Bayley (live)
Giovanni Durst Drums (2015-present) - See also: Hiss of Atrocities, Omicida, Will Wallner / Vivien Vain, ex-White Wizzard, ex-Black Trip (live)

Tracklist:

01. William Kidd
02. The Chalice
03. Death Avenue
04. Nightrider
05. Hellhound
06. Wheels Of Steel
07. The End
08. Attila
09. Straight Through The Heart
10. Creatures Of The Night (Bonus Track)
11. Long Live Rock 'N' Roll (Bonus Track)
12. Déjà Vu (Bonus Track)

+ Video "William Kidd" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 26 neregistrovaných