Mass - Voices In The Night (1989) (RetroActive Remastered Edition 2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Máj 2018, 07:13

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (RetroActive Remastered Edition 2018)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 129 mb

Bio:

In the beginning...In 1984, MASS released their first album, a self-titled EP produced by Jon Mathias. It was recorded at The Record Plant in New York City. The EP sold 10,000 copies in the Boston area alone, and got the attention of record companies.In 1985, the band signed with RCA and released their first major label debut, New Birth, produced by Tony Platt. The 45 single, Do You Love Me, went to Number One at one of the local Boston radio stations and hit Billboard's charts. The video made for that single was in rotation on MTV.In 1987, MASS signed with Enigma and released their third album, Take You Home, produced by John Rollo and MASS. This record sold tens of thousands in the United States as well as England, Japan, and other countries around the world.In 1988, MASS released their fourth record, Voices in the Night, on Enigma. Michael Sweet of the band Stryper was the producer. This CD sold well all over the world too. Songs such as Reach for the Sky, Turn it All Around, and Voices of the Night were available as CD singles. Songs from this CD also appeared on various compilations CD's (What are some of the compilations?). That year, MASS was nominated for Best Heavy Metal Act at the Boston Music Awards.In 2000, MASS released its fifth record titled Mass Best Ones on Fore Reel Records. They continue to have a strong following all over the United States and around the world. Mass continues to write and record powerfully impressive songs with MASS style, driving hard rock with an edge and rocking melodies.In 2001, MASS wrote, performed, and continue to kick it! They completed work on their latest demo and hope to have it released sometime in 2002.In 2002, MASS won a coveted spot at NEMO (the Boston music showcase and industry convention), completed work on their next demo, and produced two songs with Michael Sweet of Stryper!In 2007, MASS re-releases New Birth on CD through Retrospect Records. They sign a 5-year record deal with Escape Records and release a new CD titled Crack of Dawn on June 25th!

Album:

Capitalizing the release of the new MASS album, RetroActive Records has reissued the digitally remastered version of the band's 1989 "Voices In The Night", perhaps their most successful LP produced by Stryper's Michael Sweet.Hailing from Boston, Mass formed in the very early Eighties. Originally signed to A&M the band experienced a lot of contractual problems and their first album was eventually shelved. Mass itself released a four track EP simply titled "Mass" in 1984, before the first official album "New Birth" was released on RCA in 1985. No luck over their either as RCA decided not to give them any support.Enigma Records decided to pick up their contract and Mass recorded another EP in 88' (Take You Home), before we're 'up-to-date' with this very album.I guess the style and sound of "Voices In The Night" always will be compared to Stryper, since their vocalist Michael Sweet produced the album, provided background vocals, and more as you'll soon find out.But Sweet was able enough to exploit Mass' members potential, soaring vocals arrangements and classy guitar work. The result was a stellar slice of late '80s melodic hard rock with an edge."Voices In The Night" is a triple threat of hard rockin’ riffs, feel good melodies and elevated vibes. Yes, I do feel good listening to this album and it only seems to become elevated with each passing song.This record blend nicely in with the likes of TNT's 'Tell No Tales', Steelheart, the harder side of Slaughter and of course, Stryper. Mass sold their share of records back in the '80s and even made it on the rotation of a video music network that used to be cool, known as MTV.The vocals of Louis St. August are tailor-made for arenas on this album… and still are in 2018. Where Vince Neil of Mötley Crüe has a pissed-off flair vocally and Tom Keifer of Cinderella always bestows a bluesy vibe with his voice, Louis St. August displays that assured, energetic and commanding vocal style.Louis gives the songs on "Voices In The Night" that elevated atmosphere; it’s his tones, range and notes he hits that dictates the highs you can obviously hear and actually feel.On songs such as the title track and 'Nine Tonight', the tempo is high, the rhythm section grooves, while the guitar of Gene D’Itria crunches out melodic licks and head banging’ riffs. In essence, that can easily sum up this entire album. One song that Gene flat-out shreds on is 'Staying Alive', edgy yet catchy.The chorus in these songs are not just harmonious, they are undeniably sing-along. 'Reach For The Sky' is one song that never fails to have me pumping my fist into the air. Louis makes it sound so easy as he sings 'Carry Your Heart', he more than likely was born with that confidence factor.Carry Your Heart is an edgier song, with a psyche-you-out guitar solo that beckons me to play some vintage air guitar. 'Miles Away' can be pointed out as an anthem on this album, one that can supercharge your hard rock senses into indestructible mode, with its music alone.The ballad 'Chance For Love' is realistically one of the finest of its kind, spanning Hard Rock to Hair Metal, from the mid to late '80s. It's the perfect example that when done with an acute awareness of not going overboard on the sappy meter, a band can achieve excellence with some rockin’ tenderness."Voices In The Night" is one of the strongest US hard rock albums from the late '80s. Seasoned Mass fans already know this, yet new recruits to this band should be informed the following: "Voices In The Night" is an album to be revisited, enjoyed, and rocked out loud.The album originally contained 10 tracks, but this remastered reissue comes with 'Still Of The Night' (original Japan Bonus Track) and the previously unreleased ‘Stevie’.I actually went back to visit my original CD release just to hear the improvements made with this remaster, and I have to say the sound obtained is jut superb.If you think you have heard "Voices In The Night" before, think again. This remaster have vastly improved the original press and made this album brand new once again.

Line Up:

Louie St. August vocals
Gene D'Itria guitars
Kevin Varrio bass
Joey Vadala drums
Michael Sweet producer, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. Voices in the Night 3:51
02. Nine Tonight 2:52
03. Reach for the Sky 4:29
04. Chance to Love 4:02
05. Turn it All Around 3:38
06. Carry Your Heart 3:49
07. Miles Away 3:48
08. Follow Me 3:10
09. Call Out Your Name 3:44
10. Staying Alive 3:31
11. Still of the Night 3:03
12. Stevie (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 19 neregistrovaných