Lee Aaron - Diamond Baby Blues (Digipak Edition) (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Máj 2018, 06:24

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Melodic Rock , Blues Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 152 mb

Bio:

Lee Aaron (born Karen Lynn Greening, July 21, 1962) is a Canadian rock and jazz singer. She had several hits in the 1980s and early 1990s such as "Metal Queen", "Whatcha Do to My Body" and "Sex with Love".Lee Aaron was born in Belleville, Ontario, and began singing in school musicals at the age of five.She was discovered singing in a music production when she was fifteen years old, and was asked to join a local rock group called "Lee Aaron" while still in high school in Brampton, Ontario.Aaron sang, played alto saxophone and keyboards in this first incarnation of the band.At age seventeen, Aaron's face was badly bruised and her nose broken in a car accident.No surgery was required, but years later, in a profile on Aaron, Canadian Musician Magazine mistakenly embellished the incident into Aaron requiring complete facial reconstruction.The magazine printed a retraction in the following month's issue.1980s.Aaron's debut 1982 album The Lee Aaron Project on Freedom Records (later reissued on Attic) featured a who's who of the Toronto music scene, with members of Moxy, Riff Raff, Santers, and Triumph's Rik Emmett.The album, available in England only as an import, created a groundswell of interest that resulted in Aaron's appearance that year at the Reading Festival.In late 1982, Aaron flew to New York and posed topless for the men's magazine OUI.The magazine's March 1983 issue featured Aaron on the cover and in an interview. Aaron later concluded that posing for the magazine damaged her musical credibility; she regretted the decision and assigned blame for it to pressure from her manager.1984's recording of the album Metal Queen resulted in a multi-album deal with Attic Records.During the recording of Metal Queen, guitarist John Albani joined the band and he and Aaron formed a solid songwriting partnership that would last eleven years.Between 1984 and 1992, Aaron toured almost non-stop, including over twenty European tours and appearances in Japan and the US. She released six albums on Attic Records in Canada, as well as international releases in the UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, The Benelux, Italy,Scandinavia, Australia and Japan. She has won three Toronto Music Awards for Best Female Vocalist, ten Juno nominations,and topped dozens of European music polls.Her greatest commercial success came with the release of Bodyrock in 1989. The album spawned several hit songs, including "Whatcha Do to My Body", and was certified double platinum in Canada.1990s.In 1992, Aaron left Attic Records to start her own label, Hip Chic Music,and released two more albums. On 1994's Emotional Rain (distributed by A & M Canada) Aaron worked with Don Short and Don Binns (Sons of Freedom), Reeves Gabrels (David Bowie's Tin Machine), and Knox Chandler (The Psychedelic Furs).1995's 2preciious was a project record written with members of Sons of Freedom. It was critically acclaimed but commercially unsuccessful,as she tried to drop the name "Lee Aaron" entirely and use her real name, Karen.In 1997, she began exploring jazz and blues.2000s.In 2000, she released Slick Chick, again on her own imprint, Barking Dog Music (with distribution by Fusion 3). Aaron played extensively for this release, showcasing at The Top of the Senator in Toronto and numerous jazz festivals across Canada and Europe.In 2002, Aaron was approached to audition with the Modern Baroque Opera Company. She was cast and appeared that year in an ALCAN Performing Arts Award-winning production called 101 Songs for the Marquis De Sade.Her eleventh album, Beautiful Things, a pop-jazz hybrid, was released in 2004.Lee Aaron continues to play both rock and selected jazz shows.On June 11, 2011, after 30 years in the business, she made her first appearance on Swedish soil when she played the Sweden Rock Festival.

Album:

Just when I thought that 2017 was an amazing year for new music, along comes 2018. I am literally buried in rock solid releases that are fighting for my ipod time. I will also proudly point out that among these fantastic new records (YES, I still refer to them as records!) is a healthy dose of Canadian rock and metal. This is from both new and classic acts. One such case in point is Lee Aaron‘s Diamond Baby Blues, set to be released April 27th.I was introduced to Lee Aaron in early 1984, around the release of her Metal Queen album. As a fourteen year old proud Canadian metalhead, copies of both Metal Queen and her 1982 debut album The Lee Aaron Project were completely worn out in my boom box (is that even a term anymore?). I remember clearly her free concert atop of Hamilton’s Jackson Square shopping centre, as I was far too young to see her in the clubs back then.Luckily, I was nineteen and in college when she released one of her best efforts, 1989’s Bodyrock. I probably saw her half a dozen times during that period, including a front row centre spot at my college pub, The Arnie. Ahhhhh, the beer soaked memories of that show. Lee, for those who may not be familiar is the real deal. An absolutely killer vocalist, with the power to peel paint and send shivers up your spine.It seems that Canada’s own Metal Queen has serious plans for 2018. It appears the Lee Aaron Band will be traversing the country and the world as they get ready to promote Diamond Baby Blues. If you see a show in your town, get off your ass and get a ticket. Sean Kelly (guitar), Dave Reimer (bass) and John Cody (drums) are as solid a band as you will ever find. If you’re in doubt, just have a listen to this new record.What a record! After a dozen (maybe more) complete listens, I will go on record to say that Diamond Baby Blues is far and away Lee Aaron‘s best release since Bodyrock! In fact, it might just be better. Opening with her latest video, “Diamond Baby“, the hook is set and set hard. The band kicks in with a punch you in the gut descending riff, Lee‘s vocals soar through the mix with such intensity. Speaking of intensity, Kelly‘s solo here is sheer brilliance. Track one is a home run!Before getting too deep into the review, I should point out that Diamond Baby Blues is 12 tracks, 7 covers and 5 originals. I spoke briefly to Sean Kelly and he told me, “this is an old school way of making an album, finding great songs for a great singer to sing and then Lee makes them her own“.Make no mistake, this is very different from the stereotypical “covers” albums that many bands have dialed in. What Lee and the band did is pick out some songs that fit completely with the vibe and flavour of the originals they were writing. The covers chosen were not based on commercial appeal, some of them I have never even heard before, and the band created a very “cohesive” sounding blues rock album.The Deep Purple classic “Mistreated” sounds so thick, heavy and bluesy. Total goosebumps and Sean Kelly sounds like a kid in a candy store on this one. You can almost feel him smiling as he gets to let loose on those Purple guitar licks.“American High” is the second original track. A snotty little bluesy rocker with a big arena fist pumping sing along chorus. The world could use many more like this. Refreshing to hear melodic rock songs that are FUN.“I’m A Woman” is next. The album is called Diamond Baby BLUES for a reason. Here, Lee lets rip with a cover of Koko Taylor. Pure blues in all it’s pretty glory. If this vocal doesn’t send shivers up your spine, get to the hospital, as there is something wrong with you.Following on, “Miss Mercy” is a signature Lee Aaron rocker. This track could have seamlessly been included on Bodyrock or Some Girls Do. If new rock was actually played on mainstream radio, I would suggest this as the second single.“The Best Thing” is this album’s Power Ballad and it’s just huge! Clocking in at over 6 minutes, it’s an emotional gut-wrenching break up song with a message. Great lyrics, great melody and just a great song all around.“Black Cat” is that “Black Cat”! Janet Jackson‘s 1990 #1 hit single has never sounded cooler. I have always thought that song was a killer rock song in disguise. I understand that Sean Kelly suggested this one and God bless him. This is absolutely my favourite cover on the record. Janet Jackson meets the Metal Queen!The next song is “Hard Road”. I don’t know about you, but I love it when bands choose to cover a tune that is completely unknown to my ears. For one thing, it allows me to judge the song without comparison. However, I then get to uncover the original and sometimes I get totally turned on to something new. Lee‘s cover of the Stevie Wright‘s track is pretty true to the original and a solid barn burning rocker. Thanks for the tip Lee! I have already been digging into Stevie‘s back catalogue.Since the release of Bodyrock album, Lee has always had a great (if not cheeky) sense of humour when it comes to matters of everyone’s favourite three letter word. In ’89, it was “Whatcha Do To My Body“. In ’91, it was “Sex With Love“. Now in 2018, the cheekiness remains with “In The Bedroom“.“Cut Way Back” is a wickedly fun blues number that works so well with Lee‘s vocals, but also with her sense of humour. Originally written and released in 2004 on Tom Hambridge‘s Bang and Roll album, Lee and the boys seem to be having fun with this one. That fun is shared with the listener.“You’re No Good” is a great song with staying power. Originally written for Dee Dee Warwick in 1963, it has been covered over and over again. Betty Everett, Dusty Springfield, Linda Rondstadt, Van Halen have coverd it. Lee Aaron now takes a swing at this classic.One more traditional blues cover to close out the record. “My Babe” mixes Little Walter with Lee‘s sultry blues tone vocals.Final Thoughts: I absolutely am loving this album. I know the term all killer no filler is a ridiculous cliche but I am loving every song on this album. It totally plays through as a complete record and in today’s bubblegum world of disposable singles this is both rare and damn well refreshing. Lee Aaron’s best album? Maybe so. Pretty cool to be saying that thirty six years since her debut album dropped.

Line Up:

Lee Aaron - vocals
Sean Kelly - guitar
Dave Reimer - bass
John Cody - drums

Tracklist:

01. Diamond Baby
02. Mistreated
03. American High
04. I’m a woman
05. Miss Mercy
06. The Best Thing
07. Black Cat
08. Hard Road
09. In The Bedroom
10. Cut Way Back
11. You’re No Good

+ Video "Diamond Baby" (Official Video)

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných