Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Symphonic Power Metal , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 116 mb

Bio:

In Eindhoven, the metal capital of the Netherlands, Shadowrise is born; a symphonic power metal band inspired by heavy melo-death. With their upcoming debut EP Escape From Shadow Island, Shadowrise will release a storm on the metal scene as we know it!‘This debut EP Escape From Shadow Island unmistakably shows this is a top act in the making.’Lords Of Metal. ‘By using both low and high pitch vocals in a rather short amount of time, a lot of dynamics are added, keeping the listener very much interested throughout, making them wish for more.’‘While the grunts by Roman Potasse make the music so much heavier, the golden voice of Laura brings the mix back to a balance.’‘Escape From Shadow Island is the title track of this EP and I have to say that you will be worn out and your neck will hurt after this song. The continuous blast beats by Joris Sevat keep you head banging.’Metal Nation Radio. Taking inspiration from a wide variety of bands like but definitely not limited to Wintersun, Keep of Kalessin and Symphony X, the band was able to create its own sound. A melodic yet heavy approach to the power metal genre, with beautiful guitar harmonies and riffs, heavy blast beats, thundering bass, heavenly clean vocals and dirty grunts and loads of neo-classical influences added by Shadowrise’s Daniël Boomsma.With two new band members, Laura Guldemond (Ayreon – The Theater Equation Choir, Robby Valentine) and Yordi Florax the line-up is complete. Their upcoming debut EP Escape from Shadow Island is recorded at Tomsterproject Studios late 2015. The record contains four tracks of epic power metal; catchy melodies, powerful vocals, blastbeats and beautiful orchestra. The online release will take place the 19th of May and will lead you to the world of Shadow Island.Shadowrise is ready to take the world by storm!

Album:

I enjoy it when symphonic metal bands play fast tunes. I mean, symphonic mid-tempo fests can be fine, and occasionally even great, but most releases tend to have a couple of uneeded mid-tempo knock-offs that either sound too similar to a better track elsewhere on the album or are simply lacking in general. No memorable chorus. No memorable riffs. Boredom-inducing padding that could have been averted by a couple of lightning tempo numbers. I also enjoy female vocalists who veer away from the operatic approach due to the sheer number of singers who stick to the tried and true Tarja blueprint. It gives the band a more singular sound. I'm also a fan of guitar prowess as well. Wanky solos and busy rhythms are always welcome in my collection. Shadowrise boasts all of these qualities and then some, but it's not exactly the pot of gold I was hoping for. So, what happened?This self-titled full-length could be classified as symphonic gothic metal jacked up with a healthy amount of melodic death metal. In other words, unlike typical corset-core, there's a whole lot of rabid metronomes and death growls thrown in. The guitars are also particularly busy, winding between palm-muted riffs, melodic noodling, or both at once. Arpeggios galore. Fucking everywhere. And there's no shortage of symphonic keyboards to buff up the glory and thunder. Lots of variation with the tempos as well, not to progressive levels, but that drummer is busy, and pretty damn good too.I've heard Laura Guldemond before, as she used to front the progressive metal band Synergy Protocol. I kind of liked her borderline-cute tone so I was looking forward to this, but her style doesn't seem to gel at all for this band. I don't remember her sounding so damn poppy, but her last band was a lot mellower so the stark contrast between her and everything else is more apparent this go-round. Girly-angst as hell, and that voice teaming up with guitarist Jack Street's frequent and convincing deep death growls makes for an odd pairing that can reach hysterical plateaus. During the speedy "The Chosen Vessel", Laura and Jack swap lines during the verses in such a manner that it sounds like Demi Lovato facing off against the physical manifestation of her drug addiction. On the other hand, she can sure hit some high notes, and my favorite track off this album, "Crypykeeper", has her shooting for the moon during the chorus. The song is insanely catchy yet still aggressive, and her bratty pop-rock style belting only makes it even catchier.Maybe I'm just in the mood for full-on pop sometimes and don't realize it.Musically it's cool shit in small doses, but after a while a sense of sameness starts creeping in despite the varying tempos. The constant repetitive scale-runs, similar melodies and rehashed ideas get old, and Laura's rather singular shrill delivery dueting with the grunting beast also starts losing its amusing charm. The album often lurches into rampant gaits, and that’s cool, but with melody-minded music, it's also good to have, you know, good melodies, and there's really only a handful or so throughout the entire album. It's fun shit to put on for a bit, but yeah, only for a bit before I'm set for the week concerning Shadowrise. They're still pretty green though, so hope springs eternal.

Line Up:

Laura Guldemond - Vocals - See also: Epic Rock Choir, Generation Lost, ex-Synergy Protocol
Appie Kalaç - Bass
Daniël Boomsma - Guitars - See also: Scenario II
Jack Streat - Guitars, Vocals (backing) - See also: ex-Eventual Fate
Joris Sevat - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Spectres
02. Lost In Time
03. Cryptkeeper
04. To Live And Die For
05. Evil Conductor
06. The Chosen Vessel
07. Power Of The Moonlight
08. Fight Now
09. Echoes
10. Cradle Of Death
11. Atlantis
12. Cursed (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 16 neregistrovaných