Peter Criss - Cat #1 (1994) (Reissue 2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 21 Mar 2018, 09:34

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1994 (Reissue 2018)
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 149 mb

Bio:

George Peter John Criscuola (born December 20, 1945), better known by his stage name Peter Criss, is a retired American musician and actor, best known as a co-founder, original drummer, and occasional vocalist of the hard rock band Kiss. Criss established the "Catman" character for his Kiss persona.After the demise of his band Lips, Criss placed an advertisement in the East Coast edition of Rolling Stone Magazine.Contrary to the story that has been recited by fans and the band for years, there was never an ad placed that said "Drummer willing to do anything to make it."[9][self-published source] The advertisement was answered by Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons, who were looking for new members for their band. Ace Frehley was added to the lineup in December 1972, and the band was named Kiss later that month.[citation needed] However, Simmons describes first meeting Criss in his book Kiss And Make-Up thus: One afternoon I run across an ad in Rolling Stone Magazine that said "Drummer available – Will do anything." I called the guy on the telephone, and even though he was in the middle of a party, he took my call. I introduced myself and said we were starting a band and that the band was looking for a drummer, and was he willing to do anything to make it? He says that he was, right away.Simmons later in the chapter describes going to a small Italian Club in Brooklyn to meet the drummer "The drummer started to sing, and this Wilson Pickett-style voice came out of him. Paul and I said 'That's it, that's our drummer.' His name was Peter Criscuola."[citation needed] Criss also decided on the "Catman" makeup he would go on to make famous as a member of Kiss, stating on more than one occasion that he felt he had nine lives to survive his rough street upbringing in Brooklyn.Kiss released their self-titled debut in February 1974. Throughout his Kiss career, Criss was the lead singer on several notable songs including "Black Diamond", "Hard Luck Woman", and their breakthrough hit "Beth". Many of Criss' contributions to Kiss were written with the help of Stan Penridge, who was a bandmate of Criss' in Chelsea and Lips.Criss co-wrote the ballad "Beth", a Top 10 hit for Kiss on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, peaking at #7 in 1976. The song remains the highest-charting song for Kiss in the United States and it earned them a People's Choice Award for "Young People's Favorite New Song" in 1977, tied with "Disco Duck". The song was written before Criss had joined Kiss, while he was still a member of Chelsea. Criss came up with the melody for the song while on a train to New York City from New Jersey where the band practiced. He and Penridge wrote the song together.A demo exists of the song from 1971,[11] but the song's title was "Beck", after fellow band member Mike Brand's wife, Becky, who would call often during practices to ask Mike when he was coming home.[citation needed] Years later, while in Kiss, both Bob Ezrin and Gene Simmons are credited with changing the song's title to "Beth".The song was said to be a tribute to Criss' wife Lydia Di Leonardo; according to interviews with Criss, he changed some of the lyrics to reflect Lydia's lamenting that she missed him while on tour, but the song actually originated years earlier.Along with "Beth", other songs he sang as a member of Kiss were "Black Diamond", "Hard Luck Woman", "Dirty Livin'", "Nothin' to Lose", "Mainline", "Strange Ways", "Getaway", "Baby Driver", "Hooligan", "Kissin' Time" and "I Finally Found My Way", with only the first being a live staple for every tour during his time with Kiss; "Dirty Livin'", "Baby Driver", "Hooligan" and "Beth" are the only ones he co-wrote (Paul Stanley wrote "Black Diamond", "Hard Luck Woman", "Mainline" and "I Finally Found My Way"; Ace Frehley wrote "Strange Ways" and "Getaway", and Gene Simmons wrote "Nothin' to Lose").

Album:

PETER CRISS album "Cat #1" has been finally reissued after a long legal dispute between indie label Tony Nicole Tony Records (who originally released the album) and Gene Simmons / Paul Stanley and ultimately, Criss himself.The album also features former Kiss bandmate Ace Frehley playing guitar on three tracks, ex-Talas singer Phil Naro, and future Queensryche guitarist Mike Stone.After being fired from Kiss in the early '80s, Criss released two solo albums and worked into different projects such as Penridge-Criss Alliance (also known as the Criss-Penridge Alliance or just the Alliance) or Balls Of Fire.Aside from a few subsequent guest appearances on albums from Black ‘N Blue (Tommy Thayer’s old band, another Kiss connection), King Kobra, and Ace Frehley, Criss’ solo career was dormant until 1989.That year he made what might be his most unexpected musical connection to date when he hooked up with former Kiss lead guitarist Mark St. John. The pair formed a new band called The Keep, along with one-time Black Sabbath vocalist David Donato and St. John’s brother Michael Norton on bass.In essence, this was really the second version of St. John’s prior band White Tiger, but with Criss replacing drummer Brian James Fox. The Keep recorded a demo tape and shopped it to record labels with no success.He later assembled the Criss Band, which included Mike Stone (who would later end up in Queensryche) and Canadian singer Phil Naro as co-writer.Criss made its live debut in November 1991, and began to tour more widely in 1992. In July 1993, they entered the studio to record a self-titled, five-song EP released that December by a tiny, short-lived independent label called Tony Nicole Tony Records.It was the first officially released Peter Criss solo material since Let Me Rock You more than a decade earlier.In August 1994, this full-length LP followed, called "Cat #1". The album is centered on mid-tempo hard rock songs, with a few typical Criss ballads thrown in for good measure.Opener 'Bad Attitude' has a certain Kiss feeling, accentuated by Ace Frehley's guest guitar solo, the slower 'The Truth' bring to mind some Ted Nugent material, while the fun rocker 'Bad People Burn In Hell' (co-written by Naro) recalls Criss' early solo albums.'Blue Moon Over Brooklyn' is perhaps the best song on the album, a heartfelt midtempo ballad including acoustic guitars into the mix written for Peter’s mom who had passed away recently. This is the other co-written song by Naro, a tune with a timeless classic rock feel and featuring another fine Frehley solo.Mike Stone sings lead vocals on the good hard rocker 'Show Me' yet with mixed results, then 'Good Times' is nice acoustic based song with that typical Peter Criss raspy vocals.Criss also re-recorded his biggest hit (and Kiss overall) 'Beth'. But this time he opted for an unplugged version of it, a wise choice because this environment provides a refreshing take on this classic.As bonus tracks there's the two tracks exclusive to the previous limited edition EP, which by the way, was originally only available by mail order and Tony Nicole Tony Records faced a lot trouble to distribute.

Line-Up:

Peter Criss – lead vocals, drums, percussion
Mark Montague – bass guitar, backing vocals
Mike Stone – rhythm guitar
Mike McLaughlin – lead guitar
guest musicians:
Ace Frehley – lead guitar on 1, 2, 8
Wayne Johnsen – acoustic guitar on 11
Kirk Miller – guitar
Dito Godwin – piano on 8, 12, backing vocals
Stephen Presley – keyboards
Ed Kanon – cymbals

Tracklist:

01. Bad Attitude
02. Walk The Line
03. The Truth
04. Bad People Burn In Hell
05. Show Me
06. Good Times
07. Strike
08. Blue Moon Over Brooklyn
09. Down With The Sun
10. We Want You
11. Beth
12. The Cat (Bonus Track)
13. What You're Doin' (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 27 neregistrovaných