Phil Lanzon - If You Think I'm Crazy! (2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 22 Feb 2018, 10:17

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Classic Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 129 mb

Bio:

Uriah Heep keyboard man Phil Lanzon (Grand Prix, John Lawton, Sweet) announced the release of his brand-new solo album, "If You Think I'm Crazy!", on February 23, 2018 via Phil Lanzon Ditties/Cargo Records UK. Lanzon joined Uriah Heep by replacing John Sinclair. The album was produced and mixed by Simon Hanhart (Asia, 21 Guns, Marillion, Killer Dwarfs, Waysted). Co-production by Richard Cottle (Charlie, Keats, Alan Parsons Project, John Parr). Recorded at Masterchord at Woodside Park, Kore Studio in Acton, The Bunker, The Denham Garage in Lower Denham and Outhouse Studios in Reading. Cover painting and all artwork by Michael Cheval.

Album:

Long-serving Uriah Heep keys man Phil Lanzon has his first solo album offering – If You Think I’m Crazy.I first remember Phil from way back in the New Wave of British Heavy Metal days from his time with Grand Prix. What a band! A sort of NWOBHM/Pomp mixture. And in a musical coincidence, Grand Prix at the time boasted the vocal skills of Bernie Shaw who went on to join Heep at roughly the same time as Phil – where both have remained since.Anyhoo – back to Phil’s solo album. He describes it as: “A collection of mixed genre tunes with a few surprises thrown in”. A fair summary in a single sentence I’d say.If you are expecting a quasi-Heep album, you won’t get it here. What Phil does give is ten songs which are composed, arranged and performed expertly to illustrate the depth and variety of the man’s talents. Those “mixed genres” range from nice pastoral ballads to rock to full-on prog.All very enjoyable with the album revealing more with each listen. A proper “grower”.Some highlights…….Mind over Matter is a gentle introduction. Kelly Gang tells a tale in the style of a sweeping, sprawling yet held together ballad-style with a memorable hook.I Saw Two Englands gives me something of a southern/country rock vibe to further demonstrate the depth and variety in Phil’s song writing ability.Step Overture is short, sharp keyboard slap in the face not unlike the intro to Heep’s Wake the Sleeper. That’s followed a couple of cuts later by The Bells. Now we have a cut which is very much in the style of something Phil may have written for the “day job”. Has Uriah Heep all over it.Why not listen to it now:After The Bells, we have an epic final cut – Forest. Eight minutes or so of full-on prog. A haunting, beautiful track which goes from the sweet, gentle stuff to rock to symphonic-style passages and back again.Phil has a fine album here. I bought it primarily as a Heep fan of some forty years’ standing and, I’ll admit, out of some curiosity. I’m so pleased I did. If You Think I’m Crazy is much, much more than your typical “solo” album. One gets the feeling Phil’s put a lot in to it and is rightly proud of the result.It’s not just for curious old Heep fans like myself. If you enjoy eclectic, rangy rock with some prog thrown in put together stylishly then you should enjoy this one. It certainly stands on its own merits.

Line-Up:

Phil Lanzon (k | lv on tr. 4 &10) (Uriah Heep)
Richard Cottle (k, orc)
Craig Blundell (d)
Laurence Cottle (b)
John Mitchell (lg | lv on tr. 1 & 3)
James Graydon (ag)
Sarah Joy (psg, bj)
Joe Atkins (piccolo trumpet)
Andy Makin (lv on tr. 2, 6, 7 & 9)
Andy Caine (lv on tr. 8)

Tracklist:

01. Mind over Matter
02. Kelly Gang
03. I Knew I Was Dreaming
04. I Saw Two Englands
05. Step Overture
06. Lover's Highway
07. Donna & Joe
08. Carolin
09. The Bells
10. The Forest

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných