D'Molls - D'Molls (1988) (Rock Candy Remastered 2018)

hudební novinky 2018 / music news 2018
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 20 Feb 2018, 06:42

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1988 (Rock Candy Remastered 2018)
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

D'Molls, originally known as The Chicago Molls, were a band featuring lead vocalist/guitarist Desi Rexx, bassist Lizzy Valentine, guitarist S.S. Priest, and drummer Billy Dior. In 1985, the band relocated to Los Angeles to pursue a recording contract. Guitarist S.S. Priest was still under contract with his other band Diamond Rexx, and could not follow the band to Los Angeles. Priest was replaced by another guitarist, Sean Freehill.S.S. Priest would rejoin the band in 1986, after they signed a recording contract with Atlantic Records. The video for '777' received some airplay on MTV, but album sales failed to prosper.Billy Dior was reportedly in the bands Kid Rocker, and the Screamin' Mimis with future Poison guitarist C.C. Deville prior to joining D'Molls. He went on to publish a novel in 2004 under the name Billy McCarthy, The Devil of Shakespeare, inspired in part by his experiences with the band and the 1980s L.A. glam rock scene.In 2011, D'Molls signed with Nashville, TN based company FnA Records to release a compilation album titled "D-Sides."This compilation contained rare tracks, demos, and unreleased recordings from the band's career.

Album:

Rock Candy Records has an insatiable appetite for unearthing hard rock / glam bands from the late Eighties, and the remastered reissue of D'MOLLS first album "D’Molls" results one of the most welcomed lately, because this pretty unknown US act deserve to be listened by all fans of the genre.D'MOLLS was a very special band that caught pretty much attention for not only their rough and tumble music, but also for their extreme look.They sported hair big enough to hide the Empire State building inside, pants so tight that their legs looked like pipe cleaners and enough mascara and lipstick to supply a beauty pageant.That they stood out as the potential kings of the scene was not in question. Originally formed in Chicago by vocalist Desi Rexx and guitarist S.S. Priest, and with connections to Diamond Rexx, Cheap Trick and Enuff Z’Nuff, the band eventually moved to Los Angeles in an effort to solidify not only their line up but also their reputation.The LA and Sunset Strip scene welcomed them with open arms, leading to a contract with Atlantic Records.Issued in 1988, their debut album failed to move significant numbers but it did establish them as one of the rising glam rock acts of the time, chasing at the heels of such big sellers as Poison, Mötley Crüe and RATT.I know many of you never heard about D'MOLLS, so let me share my impression with you.I still remember back in the day D'MOLLS being marketed as the 'new sleazy sensation'. Certainly, on the photos and 'interviews' (in fact press promotion) the band looked 'sleazy hairspray' at maximum.Well, while there's some little sleazy touches on this debut "D’Molls", to my ears, they sound more glammy hard rock than anything else.And that's a good thing, because the album has stood the test of time.Indeed, to me, most the songs in "D’Molls" sound like a mix between Helix, Mötley Crüe and Poison. The album is cocked and loaded with prime slices of provocative anthems, such as ‘Crimes Of Fashion’, ‘All I Want’, ‘Dressed To Thrill’, or the stadium-ready ‘A-C-T-I-O-N’ (akin Twisted Sister).As you see, musicially, D’Molls, at least on this debut album, sounds more US hair metal with cowbells et all, than sleazy. Well, that's my humble opinion.Anyway, the important thing in "D’Molls" are the songs. And these are really good second half of the '80s glammy hard rock tunes. Call it hair metal, US glam, even sleazy (I repeat, to me it's not), but most of these songs would make your Eighties party a success."D’Molls" has "somethin" you can't explain into words, you need to listen to it and you'll get it.The album was very well produced back in the day, and with this bright Rock Candy remaster it sounds even better.

Line Up:

Desi Rexx - lead vocals, guitars
S.S. Priest - lead guitar
Lizzy Valentine - bass, backing vocals
Billy Dior - drums, backing vocals

Tracklist:

01. All I Want
02. 777
03. Rally Baby
04. Dressed to Thrill
05. Supersonic
06. D'Stroll
07. All Night Long
08. French Quarter
09. Hi N' Lo
10. Crimes of Fashion
11. A-C-T-I-O-N

+ Video "777" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2018 / NEWS 2018"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných