Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Classic Rock , Blues Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

Richard Dale "Richie" Kotzen, Jr. (born February 3, 1970 in Reading, Pennsylvania) is a guitarist, singer, songwriter and producer. Currently he is touring with The Winery Dogs with Mike Portnoy and Billy Sheehan,[1][2][3] supporting an album they recorded in Los Angeles in August 2012.Richie Kotzen began playing piano at the age of five. At the age of seven he was inspired by the band KISS to learn the electric guitar. He started his career in a band named Arthurs Museum. Kotzen was eventually discovered by Shrapnel Records' Mike Varney, and he recorded his first solo album by the age of 19. He created the video Rock Chops for REH video in 1989, highlighting many of his formative techniques, including using wide-intervals and fluid sweeping.In 1991, at age 21, Kotzen joined glam-metal band Poison, co-writing and performing on the album Native Tongue. This album produced two top twenty singles which Kotzen co-wrote, "Stand" and "Until You Suffer Some (Fire & Ice)".In 1999 Kotzen replaced Paul Gilbert as guitarist in the mainstream rock band Mr. Big, performing on their album Get Over It. He also contributed guitars to their subsequent release Actual Size. The record included the Kotzen song Shine, which debuted at number one on Japanese radio charts. After Mr. Big disbanded, Kotzen released the solo album Change, in 2003. The title track and the song Get a Life were featured in TV commercials throughout Japan.In 2002 Kotzen bought a commercial building in Los Angeles and established a recording studio and production company. He has since produced acclaimed solo albums and collaborated with various figures in rock (Gene Simmons), jazz and fusion, including jazz legend Stanley Clarke.In 2006 Kotzen was the opening act for The Rolling Stones in Japan on their Bigger Bang tour.In 2013 the rock supergroup, The Winery Dogs released their self-titled debut album on 15 May in Japan with a worldwide release following on 23 July of the same year.

Album:

When I asked to review the latest Richie Kotzen album, ‘Salting Earth’, I thought I was being pranked after first listening to it. It was not what I expected. After covering Richie Kotzen last year as he fronted the band The Winery Dogs, I was stoked to hear what new stuff Richie has to offer.Having seen The Winery Dogs, I expected Richie to have a similar sound on his new album. But I swung and missed, that curve ball alluded me as I usually listen to rock and roll but this album although has many rocking moments is full of soul music reminiscent of the 1970’s and early 1980’s when singers like Teddy Pendergrass were big. This isn’t the genre of music I tend to listen to. But I gave this album many many spins and you know what, it really isn’t that bad.This being Richie’s 21st solo album dating back from his self-titled debut in 1989, any musical artist with talent is going to change things up throughout their career, or you hope that’s the case, otherwise you’d get the same exact album every time just with a different name.‘Salting Earth’ displays the talent Kotzen has and the versatility his vocals can accomplish. Despite some of the songs making me feel like I was a kid again watching contestants on Star Search trying to be the next big singer, Richie can belt out some emotionally soulful moments which are on display in the songs, “Divine Power” and “This Is Life”. For those Winery Dog fans, “Make It Easy” has a fluid driving beat that’ll make you dance or at least tap your feet, which I repeatedly had to catch myself from doing while I shot from the photo pit for The Winery Dog’s, infectious beats that make you move.When I mentioned ‘Salting Earth’ has many rocking moments, I wasn’t kidding, as the first song on the album ‘End Of Earth’ pulls you in, grips its claws into you and has you playing air guitar as Richie rocks out. ‘Thunder’, the second track expands from the previous track by getting into a heavier groove. Richie Kotzen’s guitar playing is superb throughout this album, which isn’t a surprise since Kotzen is a renowned guitarist and you can hear some of his influences, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Eddie Van Halen as that sweeping style of guitar playing rings out.Changing gears, the track ‘My Rock’ plays like a romantic ode as Richie sings about being taken from the bottom to the top. It shows you the power of love and how it can get you through tough times and the unwavering support you get from someone who loves you. Keep people like that in your life, we all deserve positive support in our endeavors. And if those types of people in your life have passed on, then honor them as you replay their advice in your head to help guide you through life’s challenges.The more I listened to ‘Salting Earth’, the more memories came flooding back throughout my life. From when I was a kid and hearing this kind of music back then to my life now and hearing the lyrics, especially on ‘I’ve Got You’ and seeing the people in my life that love and support me unconditionally, I have a lot to be thankful.I wouldn’t declare ‘Salting Earth’ my all-time favorite album, but Richie Kotzen has an undoubtedly canny talent to make listeners reflect, which reaches the heart and soul of your being. So, if you want to expand on your catalogue of music, ‘Salting Earth’ is a positive change of pace from the everyday riff raff as it is filled with great vocals and excellent music. Just open your mind up and you may just find other things you’ll enjoy. Rock On!!

Line-Up:

Richie Kotzen - Guitars, Vocals
Dany Thompson - Bass
Atma Anur - Drums

Tracklist:

01. End of Earth
02. Thunder
03. Divine Power
04. I've Got You
05. My Rock
06. This Is Life
07. Make It Easy
08. Meds
09. Cannon Ball
10. Grammy

+ Video "End of Earth" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných