Havok - Conformicide (Limited Edition Digipak) (2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Sep 2021, 08:55

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 243 mb

Bio:

HAVOK the thrash metal powerhouse reigning from Colorado formed in 2004. After two self-released albums, the band caught the attention of England’s Candlelight Records. Burn was released in early spring of 2009. Incorporating blisteringly fast guitar riffs, machine-like drumming, groovy bass lines, searing leads, and hard-hitting vocals, HAVOK is able to maintain that *punch-you-in-the-throat* style of music. Fast forward to 2011 and the Denver-based thrashers return with their second album. The band turns the heat up with new thrash anthems. Time Is Up immediately showcases the band’s highly skilled musicianship.Blistering guitar work once again highlights the album. Song standouts include album opener “Prepare for Attack,” “Fatal Intervention,” “Covering Fire,” and“Scumbag in Disguise.”Although there are many other thrash bands out there, there is one thing that sets HAVOK apart from the others. This band puts their own stamp on the genre by employing a more technical side of music, while maintaining the feel. HAVOK’s live show is where the band really catches peoples’ attention, with their non-stop energy level and their ability to get the audience involved. They are a must-see for any fan of live music! HAVOK has received tons of positive feedback for their efforts to make thrash a mainstay in modern music: and they will continue to spread the intensity until they decide the job is done! Given their talent, determination, and constantly growing fan base, HAVOK is destined to become a mainstay in this scene!

Album:

In a manner of speaking, Thrash Metal in its purest form has a wide assortment of tendencies (sub-sub-genres??? Is that even a word?). There is that special variety that seems to fit the compromise, that most death metal loving fans usually under go, to stay true to a dogmatic and almost tyrannical sense of what a genre should be, channeling aggression and disapproval to any apex of change or innovation, almost as a religious fundamentalist would do; My uncle was like that towards Death Metal, I hate to admit it but I did the same when it came to NuMetal, and probably we have all been “that” guy, when it came to experiencing a new interpretation of what we once thought was perfect enough to avoid any evolution. On the other hand there is a constant and relentless effort from artists to put their talent and their god given ideas (as some ancient cultures thought) in countless hours for us simple mortals to enjoy.The first reference I ever had from HAVOK was a younger version of me trying to convince myself to listen to a new band after being faithful to the originators and foremost sponsors of Thrash Metal from both the Bay Area and Bavaria at the same time for as long as I can remember. As the years went by the name HAVOK kept popping up from time to time, as one of the most determined carriers of the Thrash Metal flame. Now, as my older, and perhaps not that wiser self I receive their fourth album “Conformicide” as a holistic message to return to that rebellious attitude that this sub-genre of metal has always stood for, at least in that ever long quest to reach resolution in every aspect of our everyday lives; Or maybe I just liked this album too much, you be the judges.The intro seems like something out of the mind of Wagner himself, Peter "Peavy" Wagner, not Richard Wagner of course, and the bass lines and the manner in which they are executed depict a well versed and seasoned musician and for those of us that seem to have been living in a cave since 2015 when it comes to current band lineups, the proficient Nick Schendzielos who has been working with HAVOK since the middle of that year, depicts an amazing performance on this album; showing the perfect level of maturity to become a long time member of Havok for sure, and still having time to play with JOB FOR A COWBOY and CHEPALIC CARNAGE, a one a kind innovative performer with Metal carved in the very core of his DNA, if you don’t believe me or think I might be exaggerating, just listen to the opening track and exactly at the one minute and seven seconds mark or to “Circling the drain” the tenth track and seven minute long song on this album at the three minutes and forty seconds mark and I know you will remember reading this very lines, and you won’t forget them for the rest of the experience. HAVOK prove to be some of the most talented mature metal musicians alive today with an already full schedule for touring this year and the next.The very first track might have been reason enough for me to drop all the unimportant crap I was doing in order to start living a little, but I remembered I have to eat, and a salary rules my adult life now, “Hang ‘em high” reminded all of us through the words in their haunting chorus: “The enemy is not coming from overseas” with the existence of that timeless maxim which essentially serves as a metaphor of how we most of the times look for enemies abroad when our most vicious foe usually turns out to be living under the premises of our own land of our very own self.The news anchor at the intro of “Intention to deceive” is an example of innovative and unquestionable production and mastery, literally saying:“Good evening, I’m Lie a Lot, and in the news today we cover trivial stories to distract you from what is really going on in the world; it’s five o’ clock, and here’s what we want you know” before delivering one a bone crunching five minute and forty two second prototype of contemporary thrash metal to please to the multiple and ever changing taste of today’s Metalheads, displaying a tendency towards technical death metal that continues throughout “Ingsoc” and across the whole album assembling a PANTERA cover in one of their final tracks without ever leaving the full on criticism of today’s western way of life, adding up to the already pleasant experience of listening to a relatively recent band displaying an artistic style of their own through the mastery of their craft.I have to confess this album had me staring at the far end of my closet; scanning for my battle best wondering if all the junk food and conformity have made me unfit, but most of all unworthy of wearing it once again; with that uncertainty that comes after remembering the lyrics that had me turn my attention towards Thrash Metal in the first place, Of corporations and governments profiting and proliferating from making us mindless consuming zombies, I hear it’s only a conspiracy theory for paranoids and insecure people striving away from success, or maybe just maybe, Thrash has been trying to tell us something for the last thirty something years, who knows?HAVOK delivers an impressive new album with its current multitalented line up keeping a well secured place in this year’s festivals as well as a full scheduled world tour. If fortune favors the bold, David Sanchez will surely keep up the good work with HAVOK, and hopefully we will have a new record before the passing of time requires so. A work of metal positioning well deserved for a hard working band like this Colorado natives; hope to catch them in my city soon.

Line Up:

Pete Webber Drums - See also: ex-Ravage, ex-The Absence (live)
Reece Scruggs Guitars (lead), Vocals (backing) (2004-present) - See also: Go Smack Alice, Monolith
David Sanchez Vocals (lead), Guitars (rhythm) (2004-present) - See also: ex-DDC
Nick Schendzielos Bass, Vocals (backing) (2015-present) - See also: AinMatter, Cephalic Carnage, Job for a Cowboy, Reign of Vengeance

Tracklist:

01. F.P.C.
02. Hang 'Em High
03. Dogmaniacal
04. Intention to Deceive
05. Ingsoc
06. Masterplan
07. Peace Is in Pieces
08. Claiming Certainty
09. Wake Up
10. Circling the Drain
11. String Break (Bonus Track)
12. Slaughtered (Pantera Cover) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Intention To Deceive" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných