Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Power Metal , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 179 mb

Bio:

Through the wonders of the internet, S.O.A. was formed in March of 2011 by George Lohan who was looking to finally bring his musical vision into fruition after many failed attempts joining other bands. Finding Erik Michael and Jason Krieger proved to be the catalyst needed. The songs were writing themselves and ideas were flowing out at every practice, but there still needed to be a voice behind the band. During the audition process, a charismatic and energetic David Kraus made the decision very easy. After spending the remainder of the year writing, it was finally time to unleash the beast now known as Scars Of Armageddon. After a couple of necessary lineup changes, the band is now looking to decimate, one audience at a time.

Album:

Chicago’s Scars of Armageddon has been drifting around the US power metal underground for a few years and have been on my radar since just prior to 2013’s debut, Never Sleep Again. The only noteworthy point about that album was its abysmally laughable lyricism and how strangely it contrasted against the band’s respectable musical chops. After glimpsing the video for single “Lockdown,” I was given to expect similar behavior from the new album, but the musicianship was tight enough to give me pause and wonder if there might be a gem coming my way.Scars of Armageddon has an interesting fusion of sounds to its credit. The band’s style of power metal straddles the line between USPM and Euro-power, with occasional blips of melodic death metal influence, particularly in the rhythm section. All of this, along with a lack of keys, gives them a Germanic cant. Instrumentally, I’m reminded of Cypher Seer, Kiuas, and modern Iced Earth. Vocalist David Kraus lends an interesting timbre to the sound of his voice. Despite the relative aggression of both the band’s music and lyrics, his voice reminds me of Andrea Marchisio of erstwhile Italian power metallers Desdemona, less the Italian accent. His voice is strong and clean, his pitch solid, and his vibrato very proficient but not overused. In short, he’s a good singer, and his pairing with his band’s sound is sort of strange, especially when delivering the lyrics he sometimes has to.As a rule, execution is fast and frenetic with a few exceptions – namely, the awkward middle of “Endless Horizon” and the throwaway ballad “Turns To Gray.” Single “Lockdown” has some excellent moments, and it and “Elf Revolution”1 put proudly on display the band’s mastery of shifting tempo and rhythms to create surprisingly interesting and intensely vigorous metal without making things too jarring. Despite whatever else this album may do right or wrong, “A Good Day To Die” is explosive and neck-snapping, and is immediately my pick for best song of the album. The selective and punishing use of rapid double bass and the furious guitar is just terrific on this song, and I would go so far as to call it my favorite US-sourced power metal song since Disforia’s “Dream Eater.” As a rule, the guitar on Dead End is top notch all around – heavy rhythm work, scorching leads, and very tasteful and well-matched solos, one of them provided by David Shankle (David Shankle Group, ex-Manowar).My primary problems with this release are its lack of consistency and, again, its lyrics. The latter, while improved, are still often drunken Alexi Laiho-levels of poor, and pretty disappointing when paired with the group’s clearly capable musicianship. Obviously, your mileage may vary on this point, but as far as I’m concerned (and long-time readers of my reviews will know this by now), if you have nothing coherent or useful to say with your lyrics, go instrumental. In terms of consistency, I feel that the tail end of the album is a little strung out (“What Lurks Beneath,” “Fatal Impact”), and/or disappointingly simplistic (“Scars Of Armageddon”). Kraus offers some vocal variation as the album progresses, and while his screams are satisfactory, the harsh vocals (I’m unsure if these are his or another member’s) are fairly poor, almost to the point of being comical.On the whole, I find Dead End to be a very substantial step up for Scars of Armageddon, and almost thoroughly enjoyable, especially if I can manage to turn my brain off (difficult). Fans of heavy, aggressive power metal (see bands mentioned above) should lap this right up, especially if you appreciate clean, accomplished singing to accompany. Based upon the results of this latest studio effort, I genuinely think that if this band matures in its imagery, lyricism, and outlook, it could become a real force to be reckoned with in the US underground.

Line-Up:

Paul Postelnik Bass - See also: Awdacity
Jason Krieger Drums
George Lohan Guitars, Vocals
David Kraus Guitars, Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Prelude
02. Dead End
03. Lockdown
04. Wasteland
05. Elf Revolution
06. Turns to Grey
07. A Good Day to Die
08. Endless Horizon
09. What Lurks Beneath
10. Scars of Armageddon
11. Fatal Impact

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Password: horex

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných