Riddlemaster - Bring The Magik Down (2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 05 Jan 2018, 07:08

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Hard Rock , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 169 mb

Bio:

Riddlemaster features the former drummer of Manilla Road, Rick Fisher, and guitarist/vocalist Mark Shelton (who is the founder vocalist, guitarist and composer of Manilla Road from 1977 to the present day). The band formed on the basis of a discussion the pair had over what Manilla Road may have sounded like if Fisher hadn’t left the band. The promo sheet says quite clearly at the bottom, for fans of Manilla Road, Manowar and Black Sabbath. If you want an honest opinion of whether this truly fits those catagories, then read on.The intro to the first track “Bring The Magik Down” reminds me of Judas Priest or a track from the movie Flash Gordon. It sounds a bit epic with the thundering drums building to a crescendo while a widdly riff plays over the top. The bass sounds a bit plunky and then an hollow sounding snare comes in. It all goes on a bit too long really and when the vocals finally come in it reminds me of something off Iron Maidens Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son album. Not that this guy sings like Bruce Dickinson, but when he’s warbling in that lower register in an epic manner, it’s possible he could be mistaken for him somehow. This track is an epic 14 minutes long and takes four minutes for the warbling to stop before it almost turns into one of those relaxation CD’s with all those noises going on in the background that help you sleep. No wonder this album is only 6 tracks deep, when the first goes on forever. Back in the days when these boys first came onto the scene, this whole song would have filled one side of a slab of vinyl.It takes a further four minutes of astral travelling before the track starts to build again with some light drums starting to come through the background noise.and then it stops again, before a line of funky bass plays off and is joined by a crushing rock beat and crunching 70’s sounding guitar. Around the 9 minute mark it sounds like this track may be going somewhere and then the vocals come in once again but no, it’s definitely not Bruce Dickinson. The vocals sound very thin and weak throughout the rest of the song. There are a few growls where a bit of widdly soloing comes in and I’m feeling like that’s 14 minutes I’m never going to get back in my life.The second song “Crossing The Line”, definitely pinches a bit from Iced Earth when it comes to the guitar intro. It has that civil war type of feel to it (as do most of Iced Earth‘s tracks), you can just feel yourself sitting in the fields of Gettysburg as the gun smoke settles on the horizon. Once the vocals hit, it’s all downhill from there. Don’t get me wrong, I’m actually enjoying the music so far on this track and this song could have been so much better with a stronger vocalist. I may be wrong but this sounds like it was recorded at home using pre-programmed drum loops rather than an actual drummer. The sound is not that great, as it sounds very home recorded to my ear and I should know, as I’ve done a fair bit of it myself over the years.“Every Mother’s Son” has that 80’s ballad feel, as the lead guitar rolls in over a happy beat, but then it’s all spoilt again when the vocals come in. I’m sorry, I can’t get over the vocals on this album, I don’t like to repeat myself when I write, but it’s really spoiling my enjoyment of these actually pretty good songs. I can just imagine Tora Tora’s front man Anthony Corder wailing away on this song and it would be a whole lot better for it. Guitarist Mark Shelton is a dab hand at his trade and I really like the guitar throughout, but as a vocalist he’s really not cutting it.“Lair Of The White Witch” gets off to a good start, as I’m liking the guitar ringing away over the drumbeat. The vocals are pretty similar to the first track back in that lower register Dickinson warble. This song is very 70’s prog sounding and has a nice repeating riff throughout this 9 minute epic. These boys really like their epics, with no less than 4 tracks clocking in at over 7 minutes.“Ghosts of the Plains” kicks off with a nice bit of acoustic guitar played over a shockingly bad bass sound and it sounds very similar to earlier track, “Crossing The Line.” Once the track starts proper, I’m enjoying the track and the vocals are not too bad on this one. If Shelton keeps his voice within this range he sounds OK at best, but it’s more tolerable. Again, this is a track that would suit Tora Tora frontman Corder. In my opinion, this track (as most on this album) would have been so much better if they were hitting the 4 minute mark or thereabouts.Finally, we get to then last cut “Go For The Throat” and it sounds like they really do, as the first strains of slide guitar rip over a faster paced drumbeat than what’s been offer up to now. Shelton’s vocals are particularly bad on this one, however. It almost sounds like he’s clearing his throat or gargling mouthwash. At points, he reminds me of Lemmy, but even Lemmy Kilmister had a melodic tone in his voice even if he did sound like he’d smoked ten packets of cigarettes and chugged ten bottles of whiskey while recording an album. Again, the actual track is not bad and I’m really liking the music and in the hands of someone else, this track could be great.As always, I will end this with my honest thoughts. Cut the time of the songs or fill the minutes with something worth listening to, rather than relaxation or yoga music. Find a vocalist that can really rip over these tracks, because the music is frustratingly great in places. Lastly, for a bunch of musicians that have been playing since the 70’s, this is just not cutting it.

Line Up:

Mark „The Shark“ Shelton (Vocals, Guitar, Synthesizer)
Rick Fisher (Drums & Percussion)
E.C. Hellwell (Bass)

Tracklist:

01. Bring the Magik Down
02. Crossing the Line
03. Every Mothers Son
04. Lair of the White Witch
05. Ghosts of the Plains
06. Go for the Throat/Be the Wolf

Please my link you can spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Password: horex

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok
Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 18 neregistrovaných