Will Wallner & Vivien Vain - Rising (2017)

hudební novinky 2017 / music news 2017
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 03 Jan 2018, 13:12

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 180 mb

Bio:

Born in America, raised in England, and currently living in Berlin, Germany. My most recent project is a Science Fiction book series for which I’m also writing a musical soundtrack. The name of the project is ‘Phthalo Blues’.I grew up in South West England surrounded by lots of sheep. While I was a teenager, studying at Colyton Grammar School, I discovered my love for rock music and the electric guitar. Ritchie Blackmore, Gary Moore and John Sykes became my biggest influences. Immediately after graduating from the University of Portsmouth, I flew to Los Angeles with my guitar in one hand, and a bag of clothes in the other.While living in Los Angeles I played with many bands and toured all over the world including Japan, North America, Canada and Europe. I also recorded a lot of my own music with many great musicians including Don Airey, Carmine Appice, Derek Sherinian, Neil Murray, Tony Carey, Vinny Appice, Jimmy Bain, Rudy Sarzo, Tony Franklin, Brian Tichy and many more. There’s nothing I love more than making music, but after living in Los Angeles for 5 years, I decided I needed a change of scenery.In 2014 I moved to Berlin, Germany and entered the world of ‘Live Escape Games’. I started companies in Brighton, England and Berlin, Germany. Following the great success of these companies, I decided to explore other interests, specifically writing. In 2016 I began writing an epic Science Fiction story called ‘Phthalo Blues’ for which my music will serve as the soundtrack. The project will launch in 2018.My other interests include my pets, which I rescued from Los Angeles and Berlin. They include my Beagle ‘Louie’, my Chihuahua ‘Lizzy’ and my cat ‘Coco’. I wrote a book about my love for animals called ‘The Howling Company’ in 2015. Whether I’m recording new music, starting a new business, or writing a new book, I love nothing more than to create something new. That is what inspires me.

Album:

WILL WALLNER & VIVIEN VAIN met in America after arriving from Europe some years ago. Discovering they shared similar musical tastes the duo began to write together. After a year performing around L.A. they ran into legendary drummers Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH / DIO) & Carmen Appice (KING KOBRA) who, after hearing the Wallner And Vain demo, agreed to perform drums on this, their debut album.The album was released in Europe under the title "Rising", but there's also an American version (self-titled) with 3 different tracks. Additionally, WILL WALLNER & VIVIEN VAIN have done a new 2017 take on 'Visions Of Home', a track from their second album.The original Wallner / Vain project evolved to feature several other high calibrer performers such as Brian Tichy (FOREIGNER), Rudy Sarzo (QUIET RIOT), Tony Franklin (BLUE MURDER), Jimmy Bain (DIO), Derek Sherinian (DREAM THEATER), and Tony Carey (RAINBOW), with Wallner and Vain performing all guitars and vocals respectively.So with such a serious amount of firepower you would expect this material to have the kick of a ten ton mule and you would be right.The end result is a remarkable melodic hard rock CD in the classic fashion.Highlights include “DreamStealer” with its majestic beginning, where Vinny uses some alternative percussion. The guitar work by Will Wallner is a good example of the technical but soulful playing you are going to hear through all songs. We have a well-placed pace change at 1:30 that leads to some huge vocals by Vivian Vain. The guitar work blends very well with the drums and keyboards in a jamming feel.“Miles Ahead” once again has Vinny on drums where him and Rudy Sarzo are showing off in the rhythm work. This song is completely built around the vocals of Vivian and her deeper rockin' bluesy tone, taking you back to the days of metal Queens Lita Ford and Lee Aaron, not as much the sound, as the attitude Vivan’s voice portrays.“Indestructible” has Will steering the ship on guitar, and we hear Carmine on drums creating a great vibe in the background. The rhythm becomes seriously contagious and Will’s solo work over top of it is very fluid.“Soul Monster” has a great hard rock hook and displays the voice of Will Warner along with his excellent guitar work. The chorus is very catchy and one of my favorites on the album, but I find it breaks continuality with Will singing. I would love to hear this song with Vivian at the mic.I must say I have some issues with the overall lead vocals from both (a bit forced), but musically the album is so strong that I don't care.The American release of the album features other tracks (presented here as bonus): "I Stand Alone" is a darker hard rocker which starts with a cool organ / guitar interplay to a climax where the vocals arise over a busy instrumentation.On the other hand, "Far To The Dawn" is more straight-forward with catchy refrain, "Alpha" is a showcase for Warner's skills on te 6-strings with a little Vandenverg feeling, then the new 2017 version of "Visions Of Home" is melodic hard rock oriented.Will Wallner And Vivien Vain, with the help of such a top notch backing band, have put together a very solid collection of classy sounding '80s / early '90s Melodic Hard Rock. Every track on here rocks with a 'band' feeling.Wallner delivers some truly excellent riffs & solos with a style like a cross between Randy Rhoads and Jake E. Lee. Some have complained about the vocals but to be honest Vain keeps it simple, giving a straight down the line, and her pipes are a very good match for Wallner's guitar work, suiting this stuff to a tee.If you are a fan of classy '80s Melodic Hard Rock, you ought to check out this CD. I guess you won’t be disappointed.

Line Up:

Vivien Vain: Vocals
Will Wallner: Guitars, Keyboards

with:

Tony Carey – Keys on Tracks 1, 2, 8, 9
Jimmy Bain – Bass on Track 2
Vinny Appice – Drums on Tracks 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 13
Carmine Appice – Drums on Tracks 3, 5, 9, 12
Tony Franklin – Bass on Tracks 3, 5, 7, 9
Rudy Sarzo – Bass on Tracks 4, 6, 10
Brian Tichy – Drums on Track 7
Derek Sherinian – Keys on Track 7

Tracklist:

01 - The Dream
02 - Dreamstealer
03 - Streets of Rage
04 - Fourteen Twenty Eight
05 - All That I Want
06 - Miles Ahead
07 - Soul Monster
08 - Rising
09 - Indestructible
10 - I Stand Alone (US Bonus Track)
11 - Far to the Dawn (US Bonus Track)
12 - Alpha (US Bonus Track)
13 - Visions Of Home (new version 2017) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 20 neregistrovaných