Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 158 mb

Bio:

In July 2010 WITCHERY will return with the new album "Witchkrieg" and new vocalist Legion (ex-Marduk, ex-Devian). Jensen: "So it's finally, finally, FINALLY time for a new WITCHERY album! And not just any ol' new album, no sir. This is quite possibly the best WITCHERY album to date. Let me correct myself. This IS the best WITCHERY album to date. I know a lot of bands claim their current releases to be 'their best work' and everyone knows that's a load of bullshit. However, in our case, I can say its 100% true. If you don't believe me, then check out the album. You will notice how your flapping jaws slowly close, how you crank the volume and how you forget about your miserable life for while! On a sadder note, due to conflicting schedules, we have had to part ways with founding member Toxine. We wish our brother in metal all the best in the future. Therefore, I would like to introduce to the world, a new unholy axis of musical terror. We wish to welcome a new fulltime member to the WITCHERY coven; none other than: Legion!!!"The album was again mixed and mastered Antfarm studios by Tue Madsen (Dark Tranquillity, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn). The heroic cover artwork was created by Andreas "Diaz" Pettersson. As a first appetizer of the unholy axis of musical terror, go to the newly designed MySpace page and check out "The Reaver" featuring guest guitar solos by Gary Holt and Lee Altus of the mighty EXODUS. There are a couple more guests on "Witchkrieg": ultimate kings of Thrash, forgotten heroes and highly influential masters of six-string mayhem. So watch out for more news to start the WITCHKRIEG.WITCHERY’s spell was cast upon our earthly existence when four members splintered off Satanic Slaughter in 1997: Jensen (later with The Haunted), Richard Corpse, Toxine and Mique. “We had such a great time together that we decided to continue under another name”, recalls Jensen (guitars). Before recording their debut-album “Restless And Dead”, Jensen met Sharlee D'Angelo (also of Arch Enemy and Mercyful Fate fame, among others) and got him on board for the unholy alliance. The album was released in 1998 and was very well received, so WITCHERY recorded the "Witchburner" mini-album later during the same year.Not too long after its release, WITCHERY did their first US tour together with Borknagar and Emperor in July of 1999 and didn’t take much time to rest. Their second full-length album “Dead, Hot And Ready” was unleashed soon thereafter and was followed by a six week European tour with Moonspell and Kreator in early 2000. After concentrating on duties with their other bands, WITCHERY got back together to record "Symphony For The Devil” in 2001. It was the first recording with their current drummer Martin Axenrot (also in Bloodbath and Opeth, as well as a late member of Satanic Slaughter) who joined the circle of black magic after Mique had left the band. Later during the same year WITCHERY did a US tour along with The Haunted before falling into hibernation for some time. Their debut on Century Media Records, “Don’t Fear The Reaper” came out 2006, showcasing not only a cover-version of the Satanic Slaughter classic “Immortal Death”, but also WITCHERY’s feel for catchy and precise metal tunes.

Album:

Just when you think a band could not possibly get any better, Witchery comes along with ‘I Am Legion’ and blows that theory all to hell. The malevolent monstrosity of the music on this album surpasses the sheer genius brutality of ‘In His Infernal Majesty’s Service’. Each of the eleven tunes of withering black thrash on ‘I Am Legion’ make for thoroughly enjoyable feast of evil.After the ground swell of support that Witchery received from the ‘In His Infernal Majesty’s Service’ album, they set a goal to record another album within a year. Using the same essential ingredients of Angus Norder (vocals), Patrik Jensen (guitar), Rikard Rimfalt (lead guitar), Sharlee D’Angelo (bass), and Chris Barkensjo (drums) working with producer Danne Bergstrand at Dug Out Studio, Witchery have destroyed their target.From the storming riffage of the opening intro “Legion”, you know you are in for a treat. This little number gives way to the first single from the album called “True North”. The riffs are imbued with sinister intent. Angus Norder’s vocals instill the music with venom. When I hear his voice, I think of gargling with broken glass and the blood of angels. The chorus howl of “True North” conjures visions of icy blue hate.There is so much to enjoy and savor with this album that it is difficult to tease the highlights, but let’s give it a shot. “Welcome, Night” is unnerving with tension inducing riffs digging into you with relentless claws. The suspense this creates is unyielding. “Amun-Ra” is full of blunt force trauma. The rhythm is punishing and Norder’s vocals add to the songs manic intensity.What adds to the overall appeal of ‘I Am Legion’ is the production. The distortion on the guitars is crisp and heavy. At times, I was reminded of the fantastic guitar sound on Slayer’s “South of Heaven”. The sparse production on the drums is a breath of fresh air. They exude raw power with hammering toms and pummeling bass. Finally, what is not too love about the bass tone, particularly on the intro to “An Unexpected Guest”. If there was a problem with the mix, it is that once the band gets going, you lose a bit of the definition in the bass guitar.Throughout the listening of this album, you may hear voices. As in the quote from the bible in Mark 5:9 “And Jesus asked him, ‘What is your name?’ He replied, ‘My name is Legion, for we are many.’” There are many songs on the album where you can hear multiple voices or in some cases backward vocals. I imagined the many souls who make up the demon called Legion reaching out from the music. This is a great effect to enhance the aura of sinister malice and disquiet.‘I Am Legion’ by Witchery is a blackened treasure of metal oozing with maniacal fury. The songwriting, performance, and recording on ‘I Am Legion’ builds upon and transcends their earlier works including the impeccable ‘In His Infernal Majesty’s Service’. This album will infect your soul with captivating music that powerfully tells stories full of evil and malignant intent.

Line Up:

Sharlee D'Angelo Bass (1997-present) - See also: Arch Enemy, Spiritual Beggars, The Night Flight Orchestra, Mercyful Fate, ex-Illwill, Black Earth, ex-King Diamond, ex-Facelift, ex-Sinergy, ex-Dismember (live)
Richard Corpse Guitars (1997-present) - See also: ex-Seance, ex-Morgue, ex-Satanic Slaughter
Patrik Jensen Guitars (1997-present) - See also: The Haunted, ex-Orchriste, ex-Seance, ex-Brujeria (live), ex-In Flames (live), ex-Satanic Slaughter
Christofer Barkensjö Drums (2016-present) - See also: Lik, ex-Construcdead, ex-Face Down, ex-Kaamos, ex-The Resistance, ex-Blackshine, ex-Carnal Forge, ex-The Curse, ex-Grave (live), ex-Nightrage (live), ex-Repugnant, ex-Serpent Obscene, ex-Mass Murder Agenda
Angus Norder Vocals (2016-present) - See also: Nekrokraft, Siberian (live), ex-Athory Emic

Tracklist:

01. Legion
02. True North
03. Welcome, Night
04. Of Blackened Wing
05. Dry Bones
06. Amun-Ra
07. Seraphic Terror
08. A Faustian Deal
09. An Unexpected Guest
10. Great Northern Plague
11. The Alchemist

+ Video "Of Blackened Wing" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 11 neregistrovaných