Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Style : Heavy Metal , NWOBHM
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 269 mb

Bio:

Warrior were formed in 1979 and had various line ups throughout the early eighties. Original Lead Guitarist Dave Dawson has reformed the band.Formed in 1979 Warrior enjoyed success on independent record label NEAT RECORDS until the band split in 1984.Original Lead Guitarist Dave Dawson has now reunited with Ed Halliday and brought in newer members Gwaether Bloom & Elliot Sneddon. As of 2017 Bill Baxter has joined on bass."As far as I can remember - and I've had to rack my brains here!" - begins Warrior guitarist Dave Dawson, "it was in about September 1979 when I started going down to what we used to call The Barn. Tony, the other guitarist, used to live on a farm. His dad was a farmer, and obviously they had a lot of outbuildings and one was like a barn, and that's where some of the lads used to hang out: Tony Watson, Rob Mills, Eddy and Baz Smith, and another lad called Dave Hall, he was there too. They were sort of bumming around, playing a few covers and things like that. I knew Tony, and I knew Rob too because we used to be, when we were a lot younger, in a marching band, a military-type marching band. But at that time I was really ill, I had a disease called Crohn's disease and I was really bad at the time so I was just hanging out with them a bit. I had an operation in the October and I was sort of recovering but still going down there, and it was maybe about the April of the next year, when I had another operation which really put me back on track. I was a lot better by then and by this time Dave Hall had left so I was hanging about with the other lads and it just formed into a band from there.""I think I'd been playing guitar since about 1974. I played various instruments in that boys' band for a while, so I'd been playing something since I was about 11, but I'd been playing guitar since I was about 14. We were playing just covers at first and I decided - I was the oldest one - I said 'why don't we start trying to write our own stuff?' and that's when it started corning about. 'Flying High', that was one of the first things I wrote, and 'Warrior', the song, that was another; there were a couple of other tracks, 'Crusin' And Boozin" and, what was the other one, 'Force It', I think, they were on our first demo."Warrior - guitarists Dave Dawson and Tony Watson, drummer Rob Mills, and brothers Eddy and Baz Smith on vocals and bass respectively - decided to record their demo at Impulse. "Dave Wood at Impulse decided he really liked 'Flying High' and put it on »Lead Weight«.""After that we did a lot of gigs, local things, and were writing more and more songs, 'Dead When It Comes To Love', 'Stab You In The Back', I think 'Suicide' was another one from that time, so we went to Impulse again to record more stuff. This time though when we went in it was completely live, so 'Dead When It Comes To Love' and the other tracks were completely live, no overdubs whatsoever. The songs were, I think, done in just one or two takes, so you've got the vitality and the spontaneity, and it was just a high-energy kind of thing - just young lads blasting it out in the studio. It was absolutely brilliant. And then you go to listen back to it... 'Oh, wow,' that's excellent.' Yes, it was really exciting."And also free from any outside interference. "Definitely", confirms Dawson. "Tony and myself, we used to write all the music in the early days, and I used to write quite a few of the lyrics and the rest of the lads used to chip in, so it was all our stuff and nobody else had any input: no producer or anything like that, it was basically just our songs, and that was that."

Album:

Do you remember WARRIOR, one of the pioneer from the New Wave of British Heavy Metal heydays? The band reformed to play at Brofest in 2014 and are now thankfully active again with a new album titled "Invasion Imminent".Including original members Dave Dawson and Ed Halliday (guitars and vocals respectively) is a prime slice of classic British metal, traditional in feel but contemporary in outlook, and is an album which shows that old dogs can not only learn new tricks, but can show the young pups a thing or two in the process.After the intro ‘Metal Fatigue’ - a beautifully played piano / synth piece which deserves to be developed into a full song in its own right - ‘Trojan Horse’ grabs your attention by the scuff of its neck and gives it a damn good shake. With its relentless riff, kick-ass solo and wild vocals, this is what NWOBHM was all about. Iron Maiden come to mind, but Warrior has their own identity.Keeping the heat up, ‘Second Chance’ follows on, fast and furious, before the album allows some breathing space. It’s light and shade in equal measure, but if you want some highlights there’s the exciting and self-explanatory ‘Rise Of the Warriors’, slower, heavier and more in-your-face with an intricate split solo from Bloom and Dawson.We have more quality in the Saxon-esque ‘Who Will Win’ which veers into Biff’s Motorcycle Man territory and features guitar histrionics to die for; and the diabolically-sounding ‘Black Middens’, a heads-down stomper in the Sabbath style which was actually inspired by a Sunday afternoon stroll Dawson took near the mouth of the Tyne where the rocks of this name wrecked many a ship in years gone by. But for me it’s the title track 'Invasion Imminent ' that takes all the honors, a true metal call-to-arms with a chorus that deserves to be shouted loud ‘n’ proud at every opportunity.Warrior sounds 2017 if like nothing would have happened and we still are in 1982. This is classic metal in its purest form, and these veterans surely know how to do it.Metal Is Forever’, Primal Fear once decreed, and bands like Warrior are the living proof.

Line-Up:

Dave Dawson Guitars (1982-1984, 2014-present)
Eddy Smith Halliday Vocals (1982-1984, 2014-present)
Gwaether Bloom Guitars (2014-present) - See also: King of the Wild Hunt
Elliot Sneddon Drums (2015-present)
William Baxter Bass (2017-present), Vocals (2017-present) - See also: ex-Blitzkrieg

Tracklist:

01. Metal Fatigue 02:52
02. Trojan Horse 04:11
03. Second Chance 03:53
04. Rise of the Warriors 06:05
05. Voices 04:52
06. Oblivion 03:54
07. Who Will Win 04:22
08. Black Middens 06:32
09. Riding the Wave 03:53
10. Invasion Imminent 05:42
11. Downfall of the Tyrant 04:15

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2017 / NEWS 2017"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 42 neregistrovaných