Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

In a thrash world gone metalcore, blackened or conversely, NWOBHM-scrappy, it’s hard justice indeed that a band of brothers has come together to champion songwriting, performance, production, arrangement and even sequencing this forthrightly, Meshiaak bestowing on the scene an egregiously confident and “old soul” record that evokes the magic of Ride the Lightning, Rust in Peace, South of Heaven and Burn My Eyes.Formed in Melbourne, Australia by 4ARM’s Danny Camilleri and Teramaze’s Dean Wells, the band is rounded out by bassist Nick Walker and major rhythmic weapon Jon Dette, of Iced Earth, Slayer and Testament fame, not to mention his gig as temporary replacement for an injured Charlie Benante in Anthrax. It is the combination of the embarrassment of riches—and richness of ideas—embedded in the songwriting team of Tombs and Wells, with the band’s warm and yet locked-down rhythmic beds that conspire to make tracks like groovy thrasher “Chronicle of the Dead” and conversely the textured and proggy “At the Edge of the World” so easy-drinking and yet thought-provoking of detail.“I would have to say that ‘At the Edge of the World’ would be the one we’d love to get out there as a single,” notes Danny, on a panoramic journey of a song that has everything, including sophisticated arrangement, epic sweep and astonishing lyrical depth. “It’s the kind of song that would speak to people on a lot of different levels, something that most people would be able to connect with fairly easily. It’s a song that is very close to me personally, especially when it came to the lyrics. It’s where I’ve found myself in the last three years and my moments of doubt, trials and frustrations concerning experiences I’ve had to go through over that time.”“It Burns at Both Ends” marries, incredibly, Maiden to Lamb of God and Slayer and world music sophistication in yet another demonstration of professionalism grounded by the unbreakable rules of strong songwriting. Notes Danny, “‘It Burns at Both Ends’ is probably the most aggressive and angry song on the album and is always a good release for me. I’ve struggled with anger issues for most of my life and though I’ve come a long way in recent times concerning it, I just feel that I was able to vent in that track more than the others. Every time I hear the song I can still remember exactly what I was thinking when I was tracking it; however what I was thinking is probably not something I should put in writing (laughs). But I’d have to say, ‘I Am Among You’ would be the most experimental track on the album; it just has so many different layers to it and is fairly unpredictable. Vocally it doesn’t really follow a particular pattern until it hits a chorus; each verse structure vocally is different and with vocals over an odd time signature before half-timing and mellowing-out in the middle of the song. It’s just a different kind of track and not really something I’ve heard done a lot.”An information-packed construct such as this would not have translated into the effortless headbang that it is without the level of audio fidelity that is achieved throughout this highly crafted collection of fairly lengthy songs.“We went with keeping the sound as band-orientated and organic as possible, but with using a lot of modern technology,” explains Dean. “It’s a blend of old and new because we recorded to two-inch tape for the drums through an old Neve desk, but the rest of the album was produced in my home studio. We also went with a mixer named Jacob Hansen who is known for a lot more progressive music. But I think the combination really gives Meshiaak a new and fresher sound than most traditional thrash albums. And so we’ve tried to create something fresh amongst the guidelines of traditional metal and thrash with some progressive elements, although at the same time we wanted to make music feel like when we first discovered bands like Megadeth, Metallica, Machine Head etc., even Alice in Chains and Slipknot.”“But I’m the more progressive guy in the band,” laughs Dean. “I have a lot of influences outside the metal world such as Tool and Dream Theater, and a lot of guitar instrumentalists as well like Guthrie Govan and Joe Satriani. At times I had to be brought back into line to keep things metal and exciting (laughs). I think that’s what makes Meshiaak unique—the melting pot of influences we have. So as time went on during the writing process, Meshiaak took on a life of its own. But it seems a lot clearer now that what it is, is extremely intense music combined lyrically with some of today’s hard subjects and hidden truths.”As for Dean’s picks for album highlights, he goes with “At the Edge of the World” and “Drowning, Fading, Falling,” the latter being yet another showcase for Danny’s almost Mike Patton-level versatility of vocal along with artful twin leads and Friedman-esque melodies, all atop pummelling rhythms from one of thrash’s top-shelf drumming legends. “Both those songs, to me, really capture something intangible that is hard to describe,” says Wells. “They are the most personal to me and really give off an awesome vibe and they just sound crushing (laughs). If we were to pick singles, it would be those tracks, because basically they have all the elements one could want from a modern day metal band but with an old school philosophy.”“Vocal production for this album was something that we spent a lot of time on,” notes Danny, “finding tones or attitudes in my voice that would bring out particular sections and help to make the songs more dynamic. There was no real rule when it came to how much heavy or aggressive vocals I’d put into the music as opposed to how much singing I would do. Dean and I just felt that trying different things helped open the music up a lot more and kept things exciting. We played for the song and put into the music what we heard and felt it should have.”And throughout the sonic and emotional peaks and valleys of this expertly paced and sequenced record, it becomes obvious that all four of these guys have spent a lifetime soaking in the best of metal music and woodshedding it outward onto tape. The listener comes away with rock-solid confidence in the band as stadium-level songwriters capable and worthy of anchoring… let’s call it the “next next four” somewhere down the line generationally speaking past the original eight to ten thrash bands that wrote and then executed this well.“I’m all about being able to feel music, not just listen to it,” says Danny, summing up the Alliance of Thieves experience. “That’s what has been so cool about this whole thing—the fact that I can feel something in each song really just blows me away and leaves me with a sense of satisfaction unlike I’ve had in any of my previous work. All of the music and songs on this album basically span the last three years of my life. Some of them demonstrate a little more in depth than others. It really is a very personal album for me and somewhat therapeutic. To say that music has saved my life is a total understatement. I wore my heart on my sleeve in some of these tracks and I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. Writing and tracking this album really gave me strength and purpose at the times I needed it most.”“One of the greatest feelings I’ve ever had,” continues Danny, “is having people tell me that my work has helped them through something in their life, helped them push through a difficult situation or an obstacle that they otherwise didn’t know where to turn or how to approach. It’s extremely humbling to have someone tell you that your music has helped them in that way. Music is a global language and that’s just an amazing thing to hear. I hope this new album can do that very same thing for people out there. That they can connect with the music and lyrics and it can have a positive impact on their lives, something they can carry with them and lets them know that they aren’t the only ones going through hard times, that there are others out there that can relate.”“Enjoyment and release,” says Dean, similarly asked about the mission for the record. “This style of music gets you pumped up, and so we just want people to feel what we felt during the time that we wrote it. It’s exciting music and I think metalheads are really going to dig it. It’s the perfect soundtrack for punch-ups with your mates (laughs).”

Album:

Hailing from Australia, MESHIAAK (pronounced Meh-she-yuk, which means Messiah in Hebrew) is a trash Metal band composed of former 4ARMS' frontman Danny "Tomb" Camilleri, TERAMAZE's lead guitarist Dean Wells and SLAYER/TESTAMENT's drummer Jon Dette. Completing the already quite stellar line up is bassist Nick Walker. The band however evolved beyond the "classic thrash" sound and has incorporated strong progressive influences to many of the leads and melodies present on this debut album, largely thanks to Mr. Wells' experience in TERAMAZE. It's a profound and rich musical experience that should be enjoyed by a wide range of metalheads, ultimately transcending both thrash and prog… and becoming something neither of them could ever achieve alone! The end result is simply astounding!The opener “Chronicles of the Dead” introduces us to the intriguing sound of the band and what we have to expect from them onward. The verses have some rather low pitched harsh thrash vocals and alternates with raging, high pitched vocals during the chorus sections. It is one of the more aggressive songs (with impressive drumwork from Jon Dette) and a good way to jump-start an album! “It Burns at Both Ends” has some rather exotic guitar riffs during its intro, with stellar choruses that you will definitively sing along to. Some pleasing clean vocals (with very intelligent lyrics) are also featured before the second solo. “I am Among You” has a definite dual nature; the beginning and the end being permeated with anger, while the mid section is all clean vocals and unsettlingly calm. As the quiet whispering with acoustic guitar section fades away, a very melodic and memorable guitar solo kicks in, before reverting back to violence completely. This one has a rather unusual sound, compared to the rest of the album at least; very progressive, but it's almost nu-metal by moments I'd say. While I don't particularly like this sub-genre in general, admittedly this song is the most unique and does its job of bringing more variety in very, very well. It totally took me off guard on the first listen!“Drowning, Fading, Falling” is the first single that was unveiled some months before the official album release. It starts off very calm, with an almost melodic death metal vibe, instrumentally speaking. Danny then alternates between quiet whispering and standard thrash vocals, with a brief clean vocal part thrown in, near the middle. The guitar solo is more chaotic and wild, but yet still melodic. Again, the chorus is very solid, with a lot of emotion put in the voice, especially in closure. “At The Edge Of The World” is one of the 2 ballads on the album and also the second single released as a video. It's a rather simple song, but a very effective one. There is also some hints of anger, just before the solo… which is one of the finest work done by Dean Wells in this new venture. “Last Breath Taken” is shorter and a more conventional thrash affair, for the most part… But it still features some clean vocals mixed with the harsh ones, this time in the choruses. The lyrics are another fine display of exemplary work; the same goes with the technical drumwork and the mischievous guitar solo. Overall, I think this one ranks out within my favorites.“Maniacal” is another one of my favorites and an already quintessential piece for the band. The vocals in the choruses, particularly the clean ones, are simply marvelous. The same goes with the melodic guitar solo, truly outstanding work. Jon Dette once again kicks ass, especially following the aforementioned guitar solo. The only (slight) misstep however is at the very end; it's dragging on a tiny bit too much I think. Still, I replayed this one many times and overall, one of the better tracks. “Alliance of Thieves” is the title song… and rightfully so! This is the first song written for MESHIAAK I believe, since there exist a (now) private video that was made 2 years ago, when the project was first announced. It encompasses the whole essence of the band itself; a bridge between raging thrash and complex/epic melodies from the prog sub-genre. In the humble opinion of this reviewer, this is the true jewel of the whole album, complete with a very melancholic ending… hauntingly beautiful and dreamy! “Death of an Anthem” is the other tranquil track, with no actual thrash elements at all, instead featuring clean and acoustic guitar parts. The vocals, which are clean only, are also layered with back vocals from guitarist Dean Wells; the lyrics are truly the most hopeful and inspiring ones here. The harmonies from the vocals thorough the end are also extremely catchy and you will probably get that part stuck in your head for days after just a listen! A worthy epilogue to an already amazing album!This is clearly near flawless… I rarely give out perfect scores, but what we have here is something very, very special… Being a thrash album at its very core, there is however many subtle nuances thrown in. Other sub-genre influences (mainly prog) have considerably developed their sound into something grandiose and epic. It's the perfect balance between melody and aggression… and it will blow you away with its originality, intensity and sincerity, both instrumentally and vocally. There is not a single bad chorus to be heard and every track sounds very memorable, which is a feat by itself, really. The album keeps getting better and better as it goes on and the quality of the music is easily on par with what the best veterans of thrash can do! This release will most probably ends up in my personal Top 10 of the year. We can definitively have high hopes for MESHIAAK's future, as the bar has been set very high now.

Line Up:

Nick Walker Bass - See also: Bane of Bedlam, ex-Embrace Eternity
Jon Dette Drums - See also: Impellitteri, Killing Machine, Anthrax (live), ex-Apocalypse, Animetal USA, ex-Chaotic Realm, ex-Evildead, ex-HavocHate, ex-Temple of Brutality, ex-Testament, ex-Heathen (live), ex-Iced Earth (live), ex-Metal Machine (live), ex-Slayer (live), ex-Terror, ex-Pushed
Dean Wells Guitars (2014-present) - See also: Teramaze
Danny Tomb Guitars, Vocals (2014-present) - See also: ex-4Arm

Tracklist:

01. Chronicles of the Dead 06:06
02. It Burns at Both Ends 05:25
03. I Am Among You 05:08
04. Drowning, Fading, Falling 04:53
05. At the Edge of the World 04:32
06. Last Breath Taken 04:10
07. Maniacal 05:44
08. Alliance of Thieves 05:59
09. Death of an Anthem 05:37

+ Video "Drowning, Fading, Falling" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných