Existance - Breaking The Rock (Japan Edition) (2016)

hudební novinky 2016 / music news 2016
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Nov 2021, 09:42

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Heavy Metal , Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 184 mb

Bio:

EXISTANCE was created at the tail end of 2008 by Julian Izard (lead vocals & guitars) for keeping the musical spirit of the 1980s Heavy Metal alive. If the last name Izard sounds familiar to the historians among you…well the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Julian Izard is none other than the son of Didier Izard, who was the vocalist of the French speed metal band, H–Bomb. In 2011, the band recorded and produced their eight tracks demo « Existance ».The following year, thanks to the demos being well received by both local and international media, Existance managed to play a substantial amount of concerts across France, with occasional forays into Belgium and the Netherlands. The band sent out their demo to a number of record labels. They quickly received an offer from the German label High Roller Records. A deal was struck, and High Roller re-released the « Existance » demo in April 2012, both on compact disc and vinyl.At the same time the band announced another line-up change with the arrival of Antoine Poiret (guitars).2013 was spent writing, rehearsing and fine-tuning and in September, Existance entered the studio to record their debut full-length album entitled « Steel Alive ». Recorded and mixed at Boss Hog Studios in Ham en Artois, France, « Steel Alive » was mastered by none other than Maor Appelbaum in Los Angeles, who in the past has mastered masterpieces by Anvil, Dokken, Halford, Malmsteen, Sepultura. The result…one hell of an ass-kicking album that proves true metal is « Steel Alive ».April 2014, the "Steel Alive Tour" began. Several dates have been done, including a gig at PPM Fest in Mons, Belgium with the legendary british band Saxon, Dokk’em Open Air in the Netherlands (with Gamma Ray, Metal Church...) but also supporting acts for Vandenberg's Moonkings.In early 2015, together they hit the road with featured appearances in Germany during the Metal Invasion Fest in Cologne, in Belgium for the opening of Joe Lynn Turner, in Genk. Also, Existance was invited on the french tour of Skull Fist and Evil Invaders. March 2016 : Existance is proud to announce his two new brothers in arms : Nicolas Martineau (Drums) & Julien Robilliard (Bass). In May 2016 Existance entered the studio for the recording of their new album « Breaking The Rock ». Recorded and mixed at Boss Hog Studio, France. Mastered by Maor Appelbaum, Los Angeles, USA. This new album is scheduled for October 2016.

Album:

The last two bands that I’ve been given to review, Existance as well as a band called Kryptos for a different site, have had a sound that would be described by most as old school metal. Listening to these bands made me really want to go back and listen to actual old school metal bands. Not the Judas Priest‘s or Iron Maiden‘s of the old school world but rather the Riot‘s and the Accept‘s that had cult followings so strong that they’re still around today. It’s pretty easy to hear why a band like Existance would aspire to have a sound so similar to these great energetic bands from three decades ago and why they’d release a whole album, Breaking The Rock, which commemorates these glorious days of heavy metal.Some of Breaking The Rock sounds a bit redundant, as though to say these songs sound like they’ve been done before. The opening track Heavy Metal Fury has a lot of energy and starts the album off on a good note, but when it comes down to it, it’s just another metal song that I may eventually forget. The same can be said about All Is On Fire, Pain In Paradise and We Are Restless. Thankfully Existance also give us songs like Honest, which true to its title is an honest metal song with notable effort put into making it sound great, with fierce guitars and good vocal melodies.Really though, the guitars are fierce in all songs on Breaking The Rock. Existance‘s guitarists Julian Izard (who is also the vocalist) and Antoine Poiret show good chemistry playing together time and time again. In The Name Of Revenge is a song where all four members stand out, with a little bass solo from Julien Robilliard as well as some killer drumming by Nicolas Martineau to match the dual guitars.Existance Breaking The Rock Existance vocalist Julian Izard has a clean cut and powerful voice, the kind heard so much throughout the 80s that he sounds familiar to me, but I can never point out who he sounds like. I think it’s because I’m realizing the pessimistic view that everyone back then sounded the same may not have been that farfetched of a claim. There are certain points on Breaking The Rock when his voice is a bit more in your face, particularly on the track Marilyn (Icon of Desire), where he really seems to be giving it his all in his delivery.There are plenty of songs that stand out over others, like Sinner of Love which has a slower Dokken-like pace, taking a much needed break from the furiousness of pretty much every other song. The closing title track Breaking The Rock also serves as a great closer to the album, but none of Existance‘s songs stand out to me more than Deserve Your Love. Sure there are songs that sound better, but this is the song that sticks in my head the easiest.The thing about success is that it has to be at the right time. Bands like Riot and Accept had success because their music was being released during a time when so many similar bands were sharing similar success. Such is always the case with any style of music, which is why you have dozens of shitty pop artists who all sound alike today. I’d like to hope that someday – and someday soon – a band will reopen the demand for new melodic and aggressive heavy metal such as what record companies distributed thirty years ago, but Existance isn’t going to be that band. Breaking The Rock is merely meant to please those metal lovers who don’t mind a good blast from the past, and they do a pretty good job at delivering nostalgic clichés without making them sound too overdone.

Line Up:

Julian Izard : Lead vocals/guitars
Antoine Poiret : Guitars
Julien Robilliard : Bass
Nicolas Martineau : Drums

Tracklist:

01. Heavy Metal Fury
02. Honest
03. We Are Restless
04. All Is On Fire
05. Deserve Your Love
06. Sinner Of Love
07. Marilyn (Icon Of Desire)
08. In The Name Of Revenge
09. Pain In Paradise
10. Breaking The Rock
11. Steel Alive (Demo Version 2014) (Bonus Track)
12. Get Away (Demo Version 2014) (Bonus Track)
13. Frozen Rainbow (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Breaking The Rock" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných