Brijitte West & The Desperate Hopefuls - From N.Y. With Love (2016)

hudební novinky 2016 / music news 2016
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 31 Dec 2016, 15:09

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Hard Rock , Glam Punk Rock , Female Vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

From the punk-glam-pop ashes of NY Loose comes Brijitte West And The Desperate Hopefuls. Still kicking up the dirt with nasty, nascent, yet tuneful, rock’n'roll.One of the greatest – and most criminally underrated – rock bands of the 1990s were the New York Loose. Punky, glammy, poppy, desperate, depressed, and tragically hip, the NY Loose were fronted by a snarly blonde beauty named Brijitte West.West was an East Coast Joan Jett, a bad-ass chick with a big guitar and an even bigger attitude. The band rose to prominence quickly, releasing a seminal EP, Loosen Up, on Flipside Records, and signing, soon after, to Hollywood Records, who released their debut album, Year Of The Rat, in 1996.The band toured relentlessly, with Marilyn Manson, Rev. Horton Heat and many more, but that dreaded rock band cliché – bad management – nobbled them, and they unravelled soon after.Me, I was a huge fan. West had a knack for connecting with low-ball types like myself. Despite her movie star looks, she was just as confused and pissed-off and disappointed as any other bored 20-something slumming it through the grunge era.But she was able to coat her punk rock angst with just enough sugar – via Cheap Trick-worthy pop hooks – to make you think there was a light at the end of the tunnel. It was a dark day for rock’n'roll when the Loose decided to call it quits.Fast forward 10 or so years. Brijitte West is now living in London. After a period of relative quiet, she gets her mojo back. She releases a comprehensive NY Loose collection, Born Too Loose (fun fact: I wrote the liner notes) and starts playing with a new, Brit-centric version of the NY Loose. Turns out, she can still write bad-ass rock’n'roll songs, and she can still play bad-ass rock’n'roll guitar.After gigging everywhere from London to LA to Madrid, West settles down long enough in 2009 to write her first solo record. She names her new band Brijitte West And The Desperate Hopefuls. How could she not, really?“I’ve decided, after 20 years of making New York Loose albums, that I should be able to say, ‘Hello, I’m Brijitte West, and I’m making a solo album’,” she says. “It’s been like giving birth, getting this album done, but I am very proud of it.”

“I’m going to be very sexy on the cover,” the notorious tomboy says. “No more covering it up.”

– Sleazegrinder

Album:

Pledge Music is becoming the best way for bands to connect with fans and new album ‘From NY With Love’ from Brijitte West & The Desperate Hopefuls is a great example of an album funded by the people who actually want to hear it. Call it what you want – punk pop/pop rock- what it is is actually 11 tracks of honestly crafted songs made with the kind of passion that corporate record companies are so fond of killing off in the name of making money.Blending the punk edged sounds of West’s early days in NY Loose with the subtle Americana feel favoured in her later solo releases, the songs on ‘From NY With Love’ range from the catchy ‘Fight For Me’, ‘Hot Child’ and ‘Typical Drunk Loser’ – the latter with a personal theme running through it- to the softer ‘Permanent Ink’, ‘Lie To Me’, the Sheryl Crow like ‘ Don’t Wait For Me’ or the acoustic tones of album closer ‘Fire Brigade’.Other highlights include ‘Done It Proud’ and ‘Lock & Chain’ – in fact, what you have here is a consistently good album without any weak links. The vocals throughout are good as they were the first time I hear d NY Loose back in the ‘90’s and The Desperate Hopefuls – Richie Hudson, Keef Gibbs and drummer Robin Guy, perfectly compliment this.‘From NY With Love’ is released early September and is well worth checking out.

Line-Up:

Brijitte West: Vocals, Guitar
Keef Gibbs: Lead Guitar & Backing Vocals
Richie Hudson: Bass & Backing Vocals
Robin Guy- drums

Tracklist:

01. Typical Drunken Lose [03:15]
02. Permanent Ink [03:55]
03. Lie To Me [03:26]
04. Close To Defeat [03:18]
05. We Didn’t Make It [03:14]
06. Done It Proud [02:50]
07. Lock and Chain [03:42]
08. Don’t Wait ’til Tomorrow [03:28]
09. Fight For Me [03:20]
10. Hot Child In the City [02:39]
11. Fire Brigade [03:02]

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Bing [Bot] a 11 neregistrovaných