Pat Benatar - Live Is A Battlefield (1981) (Remastered 2016)

hudební novinky 2016 / music news 2016
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Dec 2016, 12:30

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1981 (Remastered 2016)
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Videos
Size : 118 mb

Bio:

Patricia Mae Andrzejewski (born January 10, 1953), known professionally by her stage name Pat Benatar, is an American singer, songwriter, and four time Grammy Award winner. She is a soprano. She has had commercial success, particularly in the United States and Canada. During the 1980s, Benatar had two RIAA-certified multi-platinum albums, five RIAA-certified platinum albums, three RIAA-certified gold albums, 17 Billboard chartings, 15 of them being Top 40 singles, including the Top 10 hits "Hit Me with Your Best Shot", "Love Is a Battlefield", "We Belong", and "Invincible".Other popular singles include "Heartbreaker", "Treat Me Right", "Fire and Ice", "Promises in the Dark", "Shadows of the Night", and "All Fired Up". Benatar was one of the most heavily played artists in the early days of MTV. She was the first female artist to play on MTV, performing "You Better Run".

Album:

"Live Is A Battlefield" is the re-packaged / refreshed 2016 reissue by Cannonball / Soulfood of PAT BENATAR's 1981 performance for the famous King Biscuit Flower Hour, digitally remastered.Taped in Austin, TX, October 6th, 1981, this concert captures Pat Benatar at her rocking best, with an excellent sound recording.Arguably at the peak of her career in the early Eighties, Benatar had a string of successful albums behind her and cornered the market in female raunch-rock. Highly commercial, visually and aurally appealing, she couldn't fail.The now legendary weekly radio show King Biscuit Flower Hour covered a lot of ground (both musically and geographically) to bring great music to radio listeners.For this "Live Is A Battlefield", as usual, the recording quality is superb. There's some amazing band performances, and Pat's vocals are strong, perfectly pitched.The line-up at the time still included Scott Sheets as a second guitarist, so that Pat's hubby Neil Giraldo can stretch out. 1981's 'Precious Time' might be seen as the pinnacle of Pat's career and was released a month before this concert. That title track live version is glorious, and the humungous 'Fire And Ice' send hot and cold flushes through the predominately male audience.There's really kickin' renditions of all of Benatar's early hits including 'Treat Me Right', 'Promises in the Dark', or 'Hit Me with Your Best Shot', as well as a few oft-overlooked gems such as 'Hell Is for Children' and even a rocking Beatles cover ('Helter Skelter'). Then the 10-minute performance of 'In The Heat Of The Night' is a neat example of what arena-rock was all about.Showcasing as it does one of the most popular live rock attractions of the early '80s, "Live Is A Battlefield" does not disappoint, as it's just as strong -- if not better -- than Benatar's official label live release from the era (1983's Live From Earth).This is a GREAT live album; all her others, though generally good, pale in comparison. A great mixture of power and feeling totally '80s.

Line Up:

Pat Benatar – lead and backing vocals
Neil Giraldo – lead guitar, keyboards, backing vocals
Scott St. Clair Sheets – rhythm guitar
Roger Capps – bass guitar
Myron Grombacher – drums
Cindy O Connor - keyboards

Tracklist:

01. You Better Run 3:08
02. Treat Me Right 3:36
03. Fire & Ice 3:21
04. Out-A-Touch 4:22
05. I Need A Lover 3:53
06. Promises In The Dark 5:07
07. Hit Me With Your Best Shot 3:19
08. Hell Is For Children 4:53
09. Heartbreaker 3:51
10. Precious Time 5:48
11. In The Heat Of The Night 10:08
12. We Live For Love 3:48
13. Helter Skelter 4:28

+ Video "Love Is A Battlefield" (Official Video)
+ Video "Promises In The Dark" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2016 / NEWS 2016"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných