Apollo Ra - Ra Pariah (1989) (No Remorse Records Edition 2015)

hudební novinky 2015 / music news 2015
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Feb 2023, 13:19

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (No Remorse Records Edition 2015)
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Heavy metal band from Baltimore, Maryland, United States.Early guitarist Christopher Murphy came up with the band's name.The band released their demo tape "Ra Pariah" and never got signed to a major label.The name comes from the Greek and Egyptian gods of the sun. Apollo is the Greek god of the sun, and Ra is the Egyptian god of the sun.“Ra Pariah” in the first place was meant to be a demo, a tape that was going to be sent to various labels for the so desirable collaboration with one of them. The initial plan of the band was that the recording was sufficient for an LP release, and only in case of signing a contract with a major label they had the intention to re-record their material. Admittedly, Carl Canedy (producer of “Fistful of Metal” and drummer of The Rods’ fame) had done quite a nice job with the production of the eleven songs which the tape consisted of. In all probability, these compositions were recorded around 1987 (or, rather, 1989?) and circulated in 1989, and subsequently the band also released the “Winds of Time/Alone in the Darkness” EP. Obviously, Apollo Ra were sure for the quality of their material and were pretty uninterested in a poor and limiting contract. Unfortunately, the results of these two consecutive releases were not that great and the band’s career soon came to an end.Hopefully, Apollo Ra are already rather well-known among the fans of the old, good power metal, owing to the reissue of “Ra Pariah” in vinyl format by OPM records in 2000. Actually, No Remorse is the first label that releases properly both releases in CD format. The new cover, especially made for this reissue, is reminiscent of certain elements traced back in the beautiful cover of the LP (by the way, the tape artwork was a plain band photo). But the bonuses the label offers the fans of this record don’t stop yet: They have asked Carl Canedy to remix the album from its original sources, as well.

Album:

Well, imagine a guy having the nickname “The Crucifix” in a situation where he is requested to review Jag Panzer’s “Ample Destruction”. Now, just scroll down at the bottom of this page and you’ll get what I am trying to say… I’ve always considered the name of the self-titled track of this album (i.e. “Ra Pariah”) to capture nicely the antithesis between two opposites, on the one hand the solar power in its godly presence and on the other hand the godforsaken position of an outcast. Moreover, add the masterful alliteration of the name, and you’ll have the reasons why I chose it as an alias some years ago.“Ra Pariah” in the first place was meant to be a demo, a tape that was going to be sent to various labels for the so desirable collaboration with one of them. The initial plan of the band was that the recording was sufficient for an LP release, and only in case of signing a contract with a major label they had the intention to re-record their material. Admittedly, Carl Canedy (producer of “Fistful of Metal” and drummer of The Rods’ fame) had done quite a nice job with the production of the eleven songs which the tape consisted of. In all probability, these compositions were recorded around 1987 (or, rather, 1989?) and circulated in 1989, and subsequently the band also released the “Winds of Time/Alone in the Darkness” EP. Obviously, Apollo Ra were sure for the quality of their material and were pretty uninterested in a poor and limiting contract. Unfortunately, the results of these two consecutive releases were not that great and the band’s career soon came to an end.Hopefully, Apollo Ra are already rather well-known among the fans of the old, good power metal, owing to the reissue of “Ra Pariah” in vinyl format by OPM records in 2000. Actually, No Remorse is the first label that releases properly both releases in CD format. The new cover, especially made for this reissue, is reminiscent of certain elements traced back in the beautiful cover of the LP (by the way, the tape artwork was a plain band photo). But the bonuses the label offers the fans of this record don’t stop yet: They have asked Carl Canedy to remix the album from its original sources, as well.Simply put, the brand new sound of the reissue is amazing. It is modern and edgy, yet powerful. The character of the band, comprising the wild moments of Armored Saint, the top-notch musicianship of Vicious Rumors, the lyricism of Crimson Glory and the sheer power of Oliver Magnum, is revitalized by this new sonic approach. A tiny objection could be the somewhat overloaded guitar sound, but in the end I think Carl knows what he’s doing. All in all, everything is in its place so that the listener can enjoy in full the classic opening track “Crimson Streets”, the haunting “Obsession” with its Mercyful Fate/King Diamond touches (the band has been a support act for the latter back in the days!), the masterful “Ra Pariah” (an everblooming toccata and fugue of the US metal genre), the epic “Bane of the Black Sword” and the scorcher “March of Fire” with its brilliant chorus where the voice of Danny Miller soars to great heights, indeed! The songs of the EP are not inferior whatsoever: The eight and a half minutes long epic “Winds of Time” begins with some news broadcasting (coming from various historical circumstances) related to the outbreak of war and closes with a sample from a speech of Martin Luther King Jr.; I am really interested in reading those lyrics. Finally, “Alone in the Darkness” is as solid and skillful as every minute of this reissue.I assume most of the readers have already been aware of the Apollo Ra’s stuff, so I believe enough has been said, for the time being. In case I was not clear enough, this album is a masterpiece.

Line Up:

Daniel John Miller - Vocals
Bill McKeown - Guitars
Todd Channing Weaver (R.I.P. 2010) - Bass
Kevin Bulkley (R.I.P. 1996) - Guitars
Stephen Albinak - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Crimson Streets 04:30
02. Out of the Night 04:19
03. Heaven's Just Another Way 03:31
04. Obsession (The Liars Dream) 03:18
05. The Challenge 03:05
06. Creating Zero 03:32
07. Ra Pariah 05:50
08. Bane of the Black Sword 04:35
09. Coming of Age / Rukus 02:45
10. March of Fire 05:29
11. To Be a Hero 03:55
12. Winds of Time 08:40 (Bonus Track)
13. Alone in the Darkness 04:23 (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2015 / NEWS 2015"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných