Drive, She Said - Drive, She Said (1989) (AOR Heaven Classix Edition 2015)

hudební novinky 2015 / music news 2015
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 08 Mar 2022, 06:53

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1989 (AOR Heaven Classix Edition 2015)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 143 mb

Bio:

The band was formed in 1986 by the former American Tears, Touch, and Michael Bolton keyboard player Mark Mangold, and previously unknown vocalist/guitarist Al Fritsch. Mangold was also a successful songwriter, co-writing Cher’s hit, ‘I’ve Found Someone’, along with Bolton. After signing to CBS Records in 1988 their self-titled debut album was released a year later in the USA and featured guest appearances by artists such as multi-instrumentalist Aldo Nova and Bob Kulick of Balance and Meat Loaf fame. The collection of light-edged melodic rock songs, which included a reworking of the Touch classic ‘Don’t You Know What Love Is’, was aimed directly at the American market, but failed to make any significant impact. It sold well on import in the UK, however, prompting the independent Music For Nations label to sign the band for the European market (Mangold reportedly being unhappy at CBS’ marketing attempts). The album was subsequently released in the UK in 1990 and was quickly followed by a club tour. Drivin’ Wheel, a slightly harder-edged album, was released in 1991, preceded by the single ‘Think About Love’, both of which failed to achieve any significant success. Undeterred by the lack of chart success, they toured the UK with FM in 1992 before embarking on sessions for a third album.

Album:

DRIVE, SHE SAID self-titled debut remastered by AOR Heaven Records plus 2 previously unreleased bonus tracks. As part of their ongoing ‘AOR Heaven Classix’, the label reissued the much sought after first two albums from DRIVE, SHE SAID remastered by expert Chris Lyne and with juicy liner notes by Dave Reynolds.The demand for both CD were so huge that despite of being released not so long ago, “DRIVE SHE SAID – Drive, She Said AOR Heaven Classix” is already out of print, with used copies being sold for over € 100.“Drive, She Said”, the self-titled debut of the project consisting of Mark Mangold (ex Touch, legendary Pomp-AORsters) and multi-instrumentalist / vocalist Al Fritsch is undoubtedly considered a true classic from the AOR / Melodic Rock genre.This album is what a I call ‘mid-tempo AOR genius’.All songs are marvelous, strong, beautifully crafted with superb arrangements, hooky choruses, lots of keyboards and crowned by the velvety voice of Fritsch, a man born to sing American AOR in its more classy definition.Just listen the magical ’80s choruses on such pearls as ‘Hold On (Hands Around Your Heart)’, ‘I Close My Eyes’ or the terrific ‘As She Touches Me (Why Can’t I Believe)’, co-written by Canadian master Aldo Nova.Opener ‘If This Is Love’ is pure AOR of the highest order, if you need more melodic rock muscle then check ‘Hard Way Home’ (co-written by Fiona). Additionally, songwriting legend Mark Mangold revisits his monster-song ‘Don’t You Know What Love Is’ taken from the 1980 debut of Touch.This “Drive, She Said AOR Heaven Classix” reissue sounds awesome with its fresh remastering treatment. But wait, there’s more.The two previously unreleased tracks are pure gold: ‘Crossed My Heart’ is, yes, a midtempo, and what a killer one plenty on pumping melodies and a tremendous chorus. The other, ‘It Must Be Love’ is more Pompy bringing to mind the first House Of Lords album. Another gem!

Line-Up:

Al Fritsch - vocals, guitar, keyboards
Mark Mangold - keyboards, drums, backing vocals - See also: ex- American Tears, ex-Touch,

Tracklist:

01. If This Is Love
02. Hard Way Home
03. Don’t You Know
04. But For You
05. Love Has No Pride
06. Maybe It’s Love
07.Hold On (Hands Around Your Heart)
08. If I Told You
09. I Close My Eyes
10. As She Touches Me (Why Can’t I Believe)
11. Crossed My Heart (Bonus Track)
12. It Must Be Love (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2015 / NEWS 2015"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 4 neregistrovaní