Devilish Presley - The Electric Ballroom (2015)

hudební novinky 2015 / music news 2015
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 18 Sep 2021, 09:54

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Style : Hard Rock, Rock-n-Roll, Female Vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + front + Video
Size : 139 mb

Bio:

Devilish Presley was formed as a two-piece by Jacqui Vixen and Johnny Navarro in 2002 and they were soon adopted by the UK goth scene with the albums Rust Garden (2003) and Disgraceland (2004) – but they very quickly widened their appeal with the critically acclaimed album Memphisto (2005). In 2008 Johnny was chosen as back-up guitar player by Meteors frontman P.Paul Fenech and toured Europe with him. Later that same year Devilish Presley were the support act on a major UK tour with The Damned.Having been away from the live scene for almost three years Devilish Presley return with a new album ‘Electric Ballroom’ in 2015 which will be entirely financed by their fans (on the Crowdfunder site).Once dubbed 'the hardest working band in Britain' the bands days of relentless touring are over and their live appearances are now rare.In a phenomenal show of support Devilish Presley's fans raised over £2500 in under 48 hours to enable the recording of a sixth studio album 'The Electric Ballroom'. The album was recorded at Goldmaster Allstars with producer Kevin Poree and co-producer Zac Dorne. It was released in May 2015.After a lay off of over three years the band return to the live stage for a farewell tour and to promote Johnny's novel 'Kill Devil Delta'. The final release on their November Tenth Records label will be a Limited Edition 4MB Memory Stick containing all six of their albums, plus photos, lyrics and memorabilia.

Album:

London’s Devilish Presley release their crowd-funded sixth, and final, album. Louder Than War’s Martin Haslam reviews.I have lamented in the past that any band I like is doomed to failure, poverty and obscurity. It’s not like I enjoy being proved right. Not about this, anyway. Following in the footsteps of the chronically underrated Jonny Cola And The A-Grades, Dark Glam (my term) rock duo Devilish Presley have decided to call it a day after a presumably unlucky 13 years. The good news is that they’re going out with a bang, leaving us with a new album, perhaps their best; ‘The Electric Ballroom’. They’re also treating us to a farewell tour, which will mean dusting down the drum machine for one last hurrah.What we have here are 13 new songs of glam crunch, gothic glitter trash and even a hint of electronica. Plus a rattling run at Suzi Quatro’s classic ‘Devil Gate Drive’. The opening title track makes its intentions clear; “lift us out of the gloom, this is the voltage, electric ballroom”. And boy, do we need lifting out of the grey musical doldrums nowadays. ‘Poison In The Soul’ has the spirit of Bolan boogieing across it, but Johnny takes a vocal backseat on this album, allowing Jacqui Vixen to put her unique stamp on every song. Part female Lemmy/part Joan Jett on steroids, she holds nothing back.‘Ain’t No Kind Of Nothing’ has a touch of Ghostdance about it, and ‘The Hunger And The Haunt’ is also gothically-tinged but in a pleasing way. But we’re never too far from a raucous rocker, so here comes ‘Bone Bad Daddy’ with its rockabilly riff upping the tempo. Hope they play it live. ‘Flame Job’ rocks, but with some added programming (I’m clearly no expert). The verse is almost ‘Crazy Horses'; this is a good thing.‘Old Town Religion’ is the trademark Devilish Presley sound, to me. If you love them, I hope you agree; it doesn’t really sound like anyone else. I’m going to miss it. The title might be to do with Johnny’s excellent debut novel, ‘Kill Devil Delta'; check out the facebook page to order (it comes with a full album by the duo’s fictional band, Crowstone). ‘Snake In My Fur Cave’ unsurprisingly sounds not unlike The Cramps. Splendid title. ‘The Incredibly Strange Creatures’, complete with B-movie samples, haunts as only DP can do, while ‘Teenage Tupelo’ livens things up (in an undead way). I’ll be down the front with the “la-las”.‘Dead Of Night’ would suit Stiv Bators’ voice a treat. Somehow, it’s quite moving with its nagging chorus. ‘The Zombie I Love’ is actually a great pop song; “it’s o.k, you get used to the smell”. And plenty of “do-do”‘s. This plus ‘Devil Gate Drive’ and ‘Twitch Of The Boogie Nerve’ ensure the album ends on a blast. The longest track is 3.34; all the songs are lean and tight. After 13 years, Devilish Presley have pretty much honed their art. Maybe they’ve said all they want to say within this genre. Whatever the reasons, I shall be there at the front to celebrate the fact that they existed and made the world a lot more fun while they did. Johnny and Jacqui, I salute you.

Line-Up:

Jacqui Vixen (Guitar & Vocals)
Johnny Navarro (Guitar & Vocals)

Tracklist:

01. The Electric Ballroom
02. Poison in the Soul
03. Ain't No Kind of Nothing
04. Hunger & the Haunt
05. Bone Bad Daddy
06. Flame Job
07. Old Town Religion
08. Snake in My Fur Cave
09. Incredibly Strange Creatures
10. Teenage Tupelo
11. Dead of Night
12. The Zombie I Love
13. Devil Gate Drive
14. Twitch of the Boogie Nerve

+ Video "The Devil Rock and Roll" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2015 / NEWS 2015"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 7 neregistrovaných