Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Style : NWOBHM, Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 136 mb

Bio:

Brian and Buzzs 1 st ever loud practice together:
1977 Brian Hodgson – guitar vocals, Buzz Elliott – guitar vocals, Steve Wilson – Bass, Paul Knowles – Drums, Graham Cayton – Vocals.Hammerhead beginning to play live and in the studio.
1977/8 Brian Hodgson Guitar Vocals, Steve Archer – Bass, Maurice Raey – Drums demo recorded at Jimmy Henshaw studio in Carlisle.
1979 – Buzz Elliott joins Line up full time on Guitar and Vocals Baz Ellwood joins the line up on the drums
1981 – Time will Tell studio session at Linden Sounds with Guy Forrester as engineer
1984 – Mike Thorburn from Carlisle band ‘Black Axe’ joins us as a temporary member (just to help us out for a few months).
1984/5 – Frank Hall (formerly of Necromandus & Nerves) joins the line up as our full time drummer.
1984 – Keyboard player David Taylor joins up as a part time member of the band to help out with some gigs.
1984 – Buzz quits the band as a full time member, but continues to help out with occasional gigs from time to time.
1984 – Don’t Look Down and Lochinvar recorded at Linden Sounds with Billy Branch as lead singer, and Guy Forrester as studio engineer.
1985/6 – former Necromandus guitarist Baz Dunnery (brother of Francis Dunnery from It Bites) joins up for a very brief stint with the band.
1986 – Keyboard player David Taylor joins up again for a few more gigs.
1986 – With general interest in the band dwindling, Brian and Frank join the Plateau line up; this lasts less than a year, a handful of gigs are played and a 2 track demo recorded.
1987 – 1996 – virtually no activity, only a handful of local gigs are played with the help of another drummer; Tyrone Larmour during this time, Buzz, Steve and Tyrone also help out another local ‘singer’ Dez Rumney with a few of his spectacular Black Sabbath shows during this period.
1995/6 – Brian gets everyone together for a one night session in a different studio, ‘The Music Farm’, these demos were not really suitable for release to the public until some overdubs were made in 2005, the two main songs that were recorded that night were ‘Will to Survive’ and ‘Crying as I fall’, there were a few other songs recorded but the sound was not acceptable on them.
Brian Guitar/vocals, Buzz Guitar/vocals/keyboards, Steve Archer bass, Tyrone Larmour – drums
1996 – 2005 no activity other than a few minor local appearances with the above line up.
2005 – reformed to play at a friends birthday and decided to rehearse for another studio session at Linden Sounds with Guy Forrester as studio engineer.
2005 – Headonism recorded at Linden Sounds studio on the 28 th Oct and 12 th Nov, initially 75 copies are made with the original running order…
2006 – Running order of tracks changed to help fit vinyl format after an offer to release it by HIGH ROLLER RECORDS in Germany, it was decided to retain the new running order for future CD’s and the spelling of album title was revised to ‘HEADONIZM’ Lochinvar Poem.

Album:

Hello Temple, I am here today reviewing HAMMERHEAD – “The Sin Eater”. When doing my research on this band, I was stunned to learn that they formed in 1978. This is such a long time for a band to stick together. But looking at their discography, I realise that they didn’t do much between 1978 and 2005; mostly demos and live songs. This year, this New Wave of British Heavy Metal band, are giving us their second full-length album to date. It is an average album in my humble opinion.It isn’t a bad album, but expects for some small parts, I feel like it has been done before. The voice doesn’t really stands out of the crowd; I think it would have been a lot better with a bit more life in the voice. The guitar and bass are good, but without being out of the world. The drum is alright too. The overall feeling of the album is nice; I have nothing really bad to say about it.There is one song that I really liked. This is part of those small parts I was talking about: Psilocybin”: This song is a really good Progressive piece; it was the most enjoyable song of the album. The first half of the song is pretty normal, a good song with great melody. But then around 6:30, the song slows down for some storytelling, with a guitar solo going on in the background for most of the 6 minutes left. It is a great way to close out the album.In conclusion; I wouldn’t recommend that you blindly buy this album. Maybe try out a few songs before; it might appeal to you more than others. It is a fair but an average album at most. I feel like it’s missing a few little things only to bring it up to a new level.

Line-Up:

Brian Hodgson - Vocals, Guitars - See also: ex-Plateau, Bitter Harvest, Destroyer [Gbr], Flight, Hot Property, Judas
Steve Archer - Bass
Tony Steel - Drums
Buzz Elliot - Guitars, Vocals
Steven Woods - Vocals

Tracklist:

01. Angels Fall 06:33
02. The Sin Eater 10:10
03. Faithless 08:56
04. Behind Your Eyes 06:06
05. Raindancer 07:10
06. Closer to the Grave 06:24
07. Psilocybin 12:45

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2015 / NEWS 2015"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 57 neregistrovaných