Reverend - World Won't Miss You (1990) (Divebomb Records Deluxe Edition 2014)

hudební novinky 2014 / music news 2014
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 16 Nov 2023, 08:33

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (Divebomb Records Deluxe Edition 2014)
Style : Thrash Metal , Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 207 mb

Bio:

Reverend is an American heavy metal band that was originally based in Seattle, Washington, and is based in San Antonio, Texas. Reverend was formed in 1989 by ex-Metal Church vocalist David Wayne, who took the band's name from his own moniker, which he acquired as the frontman of the "Metal Church". Reverend has gone through many lineup versions since its original inception, and despite David Wayne's death in 2005, the band is still active and continues to play in his honor.After struggling with drug problems within his current band, David Wayne decided to leave Metal Church in the late '80's and find another group to join. Wayne searched around Los Angeles looking for the best band in which he could participate. He met with ex-W.A.S.P. member Randy Piper and considered joining Piper's band Animal, but Wayne decided against it because Animal was experiencing the same problems which caused his departure from Metal Church.Around this time, Heretic, the band whose singer, Mike Howe, recently left to replace Wayne in Metal Church, called David Wayne repeatedly and urged him to at least listen to their songs. Despite being reluctant at first, Wayne eventually met with the members of Heretic at a Denny's restaurant where they played him some of their songs on a tape recorder. Wayne was impressed, and decided that they were the right band for him, thus laying the foundation of Reverend. Wayne later described this ironic episode as a "cosmic joke" on everyone involved.

Album:

World Won’t Miss You and Play God, both long out of print, are now getting the Deluxe Edition treatment from Divebomb Records. The new discs both include brand new mastering, bonus tracks and new essays culled from a conversation between former REVEREND guitarist Brian Korban and music journalist Carlos Ramirez of noecho.net.Although I'm not the most ardent thrash fan, old school heavy hitters Metal Church and Reverend now intrigue beyond measure thanks to their vocally acerbic acrobat, the sadly departed David Wayne, he of riotous lines and debilitating cries, particularly with latter Seattle formation known mainly for 1990/91's World Won't Miss You and Play God. Here, we take a peek at the first killer instalment from my far-flung youth, released shortly after the scruffy butcher of Baghdad so outrageously invaded his southeastern Kuwaiti neighbour.As a fellow apostle sagely pointed out, Reverend would sound like any other raucous speed bringer from that Machiavellian era if it wasn't for how David's un-sanitized voice dominates everywhere in a devastatingly nutty manner which compels to hang on tight for the diabolic ride as each uttered phrase stirs us into a frenzy of aural insanity, such as when I first heard the all-too-awesome nugget pasted above. Still, it took me several spins to fully assimilate my rattled mind with what I was listening to: Father Wayne at his most devilish and carefree, especially on first two, alongside title track, much like top hits from 1986's homey and inviting The Dark.The unhinged Jon Oliva style yowl kicking off "Remission" is a great sign of things to come, with the opening, plodding bass line similar to another Dave's on Megadeth's "Dawn Patrol" from the same war torn year. "Another Form Of Greed" also begins with encroaching bass as the none too foolish congregation grooves into a slippery hooker of a Carcass type riff, switching gears at the drop of a disgraced pastor's hat. Even when he glides into soft and sanguine mode on "Scattered Wits", his Mister Hyde side is never far behind, eager to please.A further aspect I'm soul sold on revolves around how leads explode out of nowhere, often following wicked breakdown patterns which complement our eternally esteemed front man's wry malevolence. Solely from his trailblazing work in Metal Church and then Reverend, consider him a metal god who's left his beast mark on a mad World which misses him.

Line-Up:

David Wayne (R.I.P. 2005) - Vocals - See also: ex-Intrinsic, ex-Metal Church, ex-Reverend, ex-Bastardsun, ex-R.A.W., ex-The Brats, ex-Wayne
Brian Korban - Guitars
Stuart Fuji - Guitars
Dennis Ohara - Bass
Rick Basha - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Remission 04:25
02. Another Form of Greed 04:01
03. Scattered Wits 04:54
04. Desperate 04:56
05. Leader of Fools 03:44
06. World Won't Miss You 04:48
07. Rude Awakening 04:40
08. Gunpoint 04:19
09. Killing Time 04:25
10. Hand of Doom (Black Sabbath cover) 06:56
11. 11th Hour 03:48
12. Power of Persuasion 03:56 (Bonus Track)
13. Dimensional Confusion 04:27 (Bonus Track)
14. Wretched Excess 03:05 (Bonus Track)
15. Ritual 05:35 (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Scattered Wits" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2014 / NEWS 2014"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 65 neregistrovaných