Winterstorm - Cathyron (Digipak Edition) (2014)

hudební novinky 2014 / music news 2014
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 10 Júl 2023, 16:02

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Melodic Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 128 mb

Bio:

Winterstorm. Power metal, folk and fantasy become one unit. For more than 10 years, the Storm has established itself, reshaped and developed. With pride we look back on "A Coming Storm 2010", "Kings Will Fall 2012", "Cathyron 2014" and "Cube of Infinity", which made us who we are. Four albums that shaped us from a strong wind almost into a hurricane. We look back on a wonderful time with you live and also at home on CD or in the stream. So after a decade the fifth studio album is finally in the making. We put all our energy into the new songs and also into the history of the album. Powerful songs and strong melodies form once again an epic mixture to fascinate you and put you under its spell. Stay up to date and check out Facebook and Instagram to make sure you don't miss anything.

Album:

You have to admit: Germany is well known for being a (please, excuse me) power metal powerhouse, what with the likes of HELLOWEEN and EDGUY. To add to the Germanic force of soaring melodies are power metal act WINTERSTORM. Releasing their 3rd full-length "Cathyron" early this year, as is often done in Power Metal, sees a focus on high-fantasy-like lyrical content, with effective tradeoffs between speed riffage of classic US Power Metal, but also soaring melodies and epic atmospherics.A towering paladin on a pure white steed clad in gilded white armor, carrying 3 flaming swords and 5 battle-axes; that's the mental image that immediately comes to mind upon hearing the title track, kicking the album off in the best possible fashion that a power metal album should; epic, rolling riffage and a driving yet soaring melody pattern. What caught me off guard at first were Alex's vocals; fair enough that one would expect sky-high screams, but he appears to sing more in the vein of Edu Falaschi and Andy Deris, with a deeper, yet boomingly-powerful voice with a chillingly-commanding presence. "Windkeepers" came close to being my favorite track on the record because of it's unusual, yet intricate and catchy melodic progressions; melded with classic power metal gallops and smatterings of progressive riffage and Alex's powerful story-telling voice.Another standout track comes in the form of "The Maze" which begins with a hauntingly-beautiful, dual keyboard melody; alas, it turns out to be one of the most diverse tracks on the record in terms of overall arrangement. It effectively switches between heaviness, melodic emotion and folk-like rhythm sections. I also feel as if Alex put more effort into conveying different emotions in this song, as well. However, my overall favorite song has to be "Call of the Darkness". I'm able to grasp and experience the amount of sonic power contained within this track from the onset of the first chord; the chord and melodic patterns forthwith are creatively arranged and executed. Aside from the vocals, the majority of the track reminds me strongly of NIGHTWISH; mostly because of the prominent symphonic atmospherics; Alex once again utilizing his unique voice to convey a tone that is both foreboding and grandiose.If you're looking for an excellent Power Metal album, this is where you should look/listen; the real meat and potatoes, so to speak.

Line Up:

Alexander Schirmer - Vocals
Peter Cerveny - Bass - See also: ex-Circle of Grief
Michi - Guitars (lead), Vocals (backing)
Armin - Guitars (lead), Vocals (backing)
Max - Keyboards
Sebastian "Sebb" Albrecht - Vocals, Drums - See also: ex-Circle of Grief

Tracklist:

01. A Hero Rises
02. Cathyron
03. Far Away
04. Burning Gates
05. Windkeepers
06. Down in the Seas
07. The Maze
08. Elders of Wisdom
09. Metalavial
10. The Evocation
11. Call of Darkness
12. The Element's Strife

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2014 / NEWS 2014"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 65 neregistrovaných