Megadeth - Greatest Hits - Back To The Start (2005) (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2014)

hudební novinky 2014 / music news 2014
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Dec 2021, 17:08

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2005 (Japan SHM-CD Edition 2014)
Style : Thrash Metal , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 103 mb

Bio:

Megadeth is an American thrash metal band from Los Angeles, California, formed in 1983 by guitarist Dave Mustaine and bassist David Ellefson, shortly after Mustaine's dismissal from Metallica. A pioneer of the American thrash metal scene, the band is credited as one of the genre's "big four" along with Anthrax, Metallica, and Slayer, who were responsible for thrash metal's development and popularization. Megadeth plays in a technical style often featuring fast rhythm sections and complex arrangements; themes of death, war, politics, and religion are prominent in the group's lyrics.In 1985, the group released its debut album through the independent label Combat Records. The album's moderate commercial success caught the attention of bigger labels, which led to the band signing with Capitol Records. The band's first major label album, Peace Sells... but Who's Buying?, was released in 1986 and was highly influential in the underground metal scene. Despite the album's prominence in thrash metal, frequent disputes between the band members and issues with substance abuse earned the band negative publicity during this period.After the lineup stabilized, Megadeth released a number of platinum-selling albums, including Rust in Peace (1990) and Countdown to Extinction (1992). These albums, along with touring worldwide, helped bring public recognition to Megadeth. The band temporarily disbanded in 2002 when Mustaine suffered an arm injury and re-established in 2004 without bassist Ellefson, who had taken legal action against Mustaine. Ellefson settled with Mustaine out of court and rejoined the group in 2010. Megadeth has hosted its own music festival, Gigantour, several times since mid-2005.As of 2014, Megadeth has sold 50 million records worldwide, with six of its fourteen studio albums certified platinum in the United States, and has received eleven Grammy nominations. The band's mascot, Vic Rattlehead, regularly appears on album artwork, and from 2010 in live shows. The group has experienced controversy over its musical approach and lyricism, including canceled concerts and bans of albums. MTV has refused to play two of the band's videos that the network considered to condone suicide.

Album:

"Greatest Hits: Back To The Start" is loaded with 17 CD selections, and also boasts a 9 track bonus DVD featuring the video for "Kill the King", as well as a seven-song live set recorded at the Fillmore Auditorium in Denver, CO on December 27, 1999. Classic Megadeth is well represented here - most notably with the stomping, bass-heavy "Peace Sells" and the mini-epic "Hangar 18". This collection is an ideal introduction to the potent speed metal of Megadeth.The CD attempts to overview the golden era of the band’s career (the 80s and 90s) in a balanced manner. And, frankly, even with some great songs like "Tornado of Souls" missing, I still think this song selection represents the best of Megadeth well. Aside from obvious classics, I’m glad “Trust” is here to showcase the band’s more melodic songwriting, as well as lesser-known songs like “Train of Consequences”, "Kill the King”, and “Angry Again” where the band finds a middle ground between melody and technical appeal. Not only did I get a good overall picture of what Megadeth is all about, listening many times to this release made me want to explore more of Megadeth, and I did go on to eventually listen through their albums I have not yet heard at the time I got this.I also find the song order to be agreeable here. While it isn't chronological, the older & highly rated songs are generally lined up first, while more recent (and not-as-highly-rated) songs tend to be towards the back end of the order. I am in favor of such an approach because the CD grabs the listener's attention with the best of the best, and keeps the listening experience interesting with diversity. It also sounds cohesive, despite putting songs from different albums next to each other. For example, the first three tracks - “Holy Wars…”, “In My Darkest Hour”, and “Peace Sells” - all flow very well from one to another, thanks in part to their instantly recognizable riffs. Compared to the other Megadeth compilation releases, I think this one is the best in terms of number of songs included and the order in which they are presented.Nonetheless I can’t give this release a higher rating - I have the version that came with a DVD, and the DVD is god awful. Its main feature is the live performance from 1999, but the sound mix is inexplicably bastardized by sporadically cranking up Dave Mustaine’s solos to an obnoxious level where others are drowned out. To make matters worse, such mixing also exacerbates Dave’s sloppy performance on that particular night. Drowning out Marty Friedman’s solos is also a huge disrespect to Marty, who had a better performance than Dave in the film. Watching the band perform with Marty should have been a great pleasure, especially because this was one of his last performance before he left heavy metal for the world of J-pop, but the sound mix totally destroys the experience. I suppose the DVD also does a good job of representing what to expect from Megadeth (or, specifically, Dave Mustaine), in an ironic way.I will admit that the criticisms by others on this site (and elsewhere) do leave a very bad taste in my mouth. I had no idea for a long time that the songs on the CD were supposed to be chosen by fans’ votes (which would have been very cool). I do feel really bad for the faithfuls for having their wishes ignored and betrayed. I also agree that Megadeth has put out too many compilations with similar set of songs, and I definitely don’t like feeling like I spent my precious money on a cash-grab.But, my $10 is gone and will never come back, and at the end of the day, I don’t regret buying this. This release is good enough to satisfy my occasional and casual Megadeth fix. I’m genuinely happy with what I have.

Line-Up:

David Ellefson Bass, Vocals (backing)
Dave Mustaine Guitars, Vocals
Gar Samuelson (R.I.P. 1999) Drums (tracks 3, 10, 12)
Chris Poland Guitars (tracks 3, 10, 12)
Chuck Behler Drums (track 2)
Jeff Young Guitars (track 2)
Nick Menza (R.I.P. 2016) Drums (tracks 1, 4-7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16)
Marty Friedman Guitars (tracks 1, 4-9, 11, 13, 15-17)
Jimmy DeGrasso Drums (tracks 8, 14, 17)
Al Pitrelli Guitars (track 14)

Tracklist:

01. Holy Wars...The Punishment Due (6:32)
02. In My Darkest Hour (6:26)
03. Peace Sells (4:02)
04. Sweating Bullets (5:26)
05. Angry Again (3:47)
06. A Tout Le Monde (4:25)
07. Trust (5:12)
08. Kill The King (3:43)
09. Symphony Of Destruction (4:06)
10. Mechanix (4:21)
11. Train Of Consequences (3:32)
12. Wake Up Dead (3:38)
13. Hangar 18 (5:11)
14. Dread And The Fugitive Mind (4:23)
15. Skin O' My Teeth (3:15)
16. She-Wolf (3:39)
17. Prince Of Darkness (6:28)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2014 / NEWS 2014"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 24 neregistrovaných