Toto - Turn Back (1981) (Rock Candy Remastered 2014)

hudební novinky 2014 / music news 2014
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 11 Mar 2020, 06:56

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1981 (Rock Candy Remastered 2014)
Style : Melodic Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 146 mb

Bio:

Toto is an American rock band formed in 1977 in Los Angeles, California. The band's current lineup consists of Joseph Williams (lead vocals), David Paich (keyboards, vocals), Steve Porcaro (keyboards), Steve Lukather (guitars, vocals), and Keith Carlock (drums). Bass player Nathan East is currently touring with Toto as a guest musician, as Mike Porcaro is too ill to tour. Toto is known for a musical style that combines elements of pop, rock, soul, funk, progressive rock, hard rock, R&B and jazz.David Paich and Jeff Porcaro had played together as session musicians on several albums and decided to form a band. David Hungate, Steve Lukather, Steve Porcaro and Bobby Kimball were recruited before their first album release. The band enjoyed great commercial success in the late 1970s and 1980s, beginning with the band's eponymous debut released in 1978. With the release of the critically acclaimed and commercially successful Toto IV (1982), Toto became one of the best-selling music groups of their era. They are best known for the Top 5 hits "Hold the Line", "Rosanna", and "Africa". Several changes to the lineup have been made over the years. In 2008, Lukather announced his departure from the band, and the remaining band members later went their separate ways. In the summer of 2010, Toto reformed and went on a short European tour, with a new lineup, to benefit Mike Porcaro, who had been diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and is no longer an active member of the band.The band has released a total of 17 albums, and have sold over 35 million albums to date. The group was honored with several Grammy Awards and was inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum in 2009.

Album:

Here’s the requested Remastered & Reloaded Rock Candy Records version of TOTO‘s third album “Turn Back“. You could say that “Turn Back” is the ‘lost’ Toto album. Whilst their debut record achieved double platinum sales figures producing two global hit singles, and it’s follow up ‘Hydra’ was eventually acknowledged as a neo progressive rock triumph, “Turn Back” flew beneath the radar and barely caused a blip on the charts before disappearing from sight.The fact that their follow up album ‘Toto IV’ has won an unprecedented seven Grammys and contained three top 10 hit singles only seems to emphasise the point.But although it is the least well known early era Toto album, to die-hard fans of the band it is regarded as one of their creative highpoints. Since its release more than thirty years ago, “Turn Back” has become somewhat a fan favorite, perhaps due its lack of success and big hits make the album arguably more enjoyable to listen to than any other Toto album.Apart from that, and being unbiased, “Turn Back” includes some awesome, terrific songs.“Turn Back” found Toto taking a far more aggressive approach, dialling down the keyboards and upping the guitar quota by a considerable margin. This was, for all intents and purposes, an arena rock album designed to stave off their detractors and emphasise that they could hold their own against meatier acts such as Foreigner and Boston.Much of this was due to the enlistment of renowned British co-producer Geoff Workman who provided a more raw, heavy, glossy but thick sound.The three opening tracks, “Gift With A Golden Gun”, “English Eyes” and “Live For Today” usher in the album with solid dose of hook-filled hard rock with Steve Lukather’s biting guitar work and the late Jeff Porcaro’s solid forceful drumming.The melodic hard rock element is also apparent in fast-paced shuffle of “Goodbye Elenore” which features a strong resemblance to bands like Queen or Journey. There is also a small progressive-rock touch heard in the album’s title track with its strong doses of keyboards and guitar textures.Balancing out the album are three ballads: the calm “A Million Miles Away” which explodes during the chorus with Bobby Kimball’s emotional soaring vocals, “I Think I Could Stand You Forever” has a harder edge to it and once again comes across with musical references to Queen and Journey.“If It’s the Last Night” is a Steve Lukather sung acoustic ballad with a slight REO Speedwagon vibe to it. This is also the album’s powerful closing track.I am a big Toto fan, and all their albums are quite different amongst them. “Turn Back” is their rockier, the less commercial and the more ‘raw’, and I love it.To my ears, there’s always has been a problem with the production of “Turn Back”. I mean, I really like Geoff Workman’s production, but all the copies I have listened (LP, cassette, CD) suffer from some kind of ‘attenuate brightness’ and tape hiss.Well, Rock Candy has fixed that sensation. This is one of the best remasters done by the British company, and definitely the best sounding Toto’s “Turn Back” edition ever.

Line Up:

Bobby Kimball: lead and backing vocals
Steve Lukather: guitars, lead and backing vocals
David Paich: keyboards, backing vocals
Steve Porcaro: keyboards, electronics, backing vocals
David Hungate: bass, acoustic guitar on 6
Jeff Porcaro: drums, percussion

Tracklist:

01. Gift With A Golden Gun 4:00
02. English Eyes 6:04
03. Live For Today 4:00
04. A Million Miles Away 4:33
05. Goodbye Elenore 4:52
06. I Think I Could Stand You Forever 5:19
07. Turn Back 3:56
08. If It's The Last Night 4:31

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2014 / NEWS 2014"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 63 neregistrovaných