Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Iced Earth (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Máj 2022, 09:46

Iced Earth - Live In Ancient Kourion (2CD) (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Power Metal , Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 320 mb

Bio:

Iced Earth is an American heavy metal band from Tampa, Florida. It was formed in 1985 under the name Purgatory by guitarist and main songwriter Jon Schaffer and original drummer Greg Seymour. Iced Earth released their debut album in 1990 and have since released eleven studio albums, four EPs, three compilations, three box sets, three live albums and one cover album.After releasing their first two studio albums in 1990 and 1991, respectively, Iced Earth took a three-year layoff from 1992 to 1995,after which the band returned with new lead vocalist Matt Barlow. Iced Earth went on to release four studio albums with Barlow between 1995 and 2001, respectively; 1995's Burnt Offerings, 1996's The Dark Saga, 1998's Something Wicked This Way Comes and 2001's Horror Show.After Horror Show, Barlow quit the band and joined the police force,while Iced Earth continued on with Tim "Ripper" Owens, of Judas Priest fame, on vocals. With Owens, the band released two studio albums (2004's The Glorious Burden and 2007's Framing Armageddon). In late 2007, Matt Barlow rejoined the band.[6] Iced Earth recorded the album The Crucible of Man with Barlow in 2008. In 2011 Barlow left the band again.Later that year, Into Eternity frontman Stu Block became Iced Earth's new lead vocalist. Dystopia, Block's first album with the group, was released in October 2011. It received a positive response; some critics called Dystopia one of Iced Earth's best albums.Block's second album with the group, Plagues of Babylon, was released in January 2014.Before arriving at their current lineup, Iced Earth has had numerous line-up changes, with founder Jon Schaffer staying as the last remaining member. As of 2013, there have been over twenty musicians in and out of Iced Earth since its formation in 1985 (see: List of Iced Earth band members for more details). Currently, the band is composed of rhythm guitarist Jon Schaffer, lead guitarist Jake Dreyer, singer Stu Block, bassist Luke Appleton and drummer Brent Smedley.

Album:

If you’re a fan of American power/thrash greats Iced Earth, I’m sure you’re aware of all the drama the band endured with the re-entry and final departure of Matt Barlow, by popular consensus their most cherished frontman. I include myself among those who believe that Barlow’s first epoch equates the golden years for this band. Perhaps they didn’t produce something as amazing as Night of the Stormrider with him at the helm, but he did sang those songs and older material better than anyone else. And lets not forget his powerful performances during live shows; his charisma, his strong physical presence, his wide vocal range, including those soaring screams for which he was often compared to metal deities like Halford or Dio. And all that was faithfully captured in Alive in Athens, one of metal’s best live testimonies of the late 90’s, in my humble opinion.Naturally, when Stu Block came as Barlow’s replacement many of the band’s diehard fans reaction was incredulity. “An extreme metal singer? WTF man?” Personally I already enjoyed Stu’s work with his other band, Canadian prog death metallers Into Eternity, and thus my reaction was more like “hmmm, cool, lets see how this one goes”. Then I listened to 2011’s version of “Dante’s Inferno” and with that the few minor doubts I had about him where engulfed in the fiery flames of hell. So when Dystopia came out I was pretty confident he’d do a good job, which he did, no surprise that release soundly silenced many complaining voices about the band’s current state and capabilities. But one thing is to appear in a recorded studio album, in which the producer’s magic can turn a mediocre singer into King Glenn Sinatra Marcolin with ease, and a different thing is to appear in a live recording, in which frontmen truly prove their worth.And so we arrive to the important question to ask here: Is Stu Block better or as good as Matt Barlow was, live with this band? My personal opinion: No, he’s not. Live in Ancient Kourion is definitely not on par with Live in Athens but that’s not entirely Block’s fault. As with the newer version of “Dante’s Inferno”, there’re other things to take into account. But let’s just finish what I started. Stu Block most prominent and important mistake is that he uses excessive theatricality in some tracks, and while he never really ruins any song he definitely goes over the top melodramatically sometimes. That costs him and this double album some good points. Other than that, I actually have no notorious complaints about his style. He unquestionably has the power and range to emulate Barlow, even in personality with his heartfelt speeches between songs. Stu also uses his own signature black metal rasps and a couple of death grunts on some spots to good effect, dare I say. Some purists might bitch about it, but I find those extreme vocals a welcomed addition to his performance. They’re few, but extremely well placed.As for the rest of the band, they do just fine. The production’s on par with their past live recording, clear but bulky, and the musicians here just as focused and compelling. But I found just a couple of these live renditions that are better than their studio counterparts, whereas on Alive in Athens a great deal of the versions were vastly superior in comparison to their originators. The only ones I found here that were given such an enhancement are “Wolf” and “Ten Thousand Strong”, both from the first disc. I’m not the greatest Horror Show fan out there, and I found this incarnation of the shape-shifting beast tune more menacing, especially the growling chorus provided by Schaffer himself. Stu’s singing in this one is a rare case in which he sounds better than Barlow, who for the studio version committed the same sin Block’s committing here in other parts of the recording. As for the Framing Armageddon track, I just feel this one is tighter.The rest of the compositions are performed proficiently, but they’ve been added nothing extra. The setlist is pretty balanced, and I’m thankful for most of the choices, in particular that “In Sacred Flames” is the only ambassador from The Crucible of Man. We have some no-brainer fan favorites like the Stormrider tunes, “When the Night Falls”, “Burning Times” and the two ballads also from Something Wicked this Way Comes. For The Dark Saga emissaries I’m afraid they didn’t go with my preferred cuts, the intense “Violate” and “Vengeance is Mine”, instead picking the more laid back “I Died for You” and “Slave to the Dark”, though to close the concert with “The Hunter” was a nice surprise. “Dante’s Inferno” is here, in full 18-minute glory, though it’s the 2011 version. Sadly, the epic is the sole representative from Burnt Offerings. I would have gladly chosen that album’s title-track over most of the songs here. And I’d certainly replaced the overlong yawnfest that is “Damien” with “The Phantom Opera Ghost” (though a bit tricky to pull off live), or even better, with my Iced Earth all-time favorite tune, “Travel in Stygian”.A good thing is that the Iced Earth guys remain interested in recording their live albums in mid to low profile countries, some of which happen to have limited but extremely passionate metal fandom, like Cyprus. I’m glad a band of this caliber chooses not to record a concert in Japan, the States or somewhere in Latin America, (even if I live there), like most big names do. It helps you remember metal is loved and enjoyed throughout most of the third-planet-from-the-sun’s surface, and maybe somewhere under the ground and out in space as well. I’m also happy for Iced Earth, they seem to finally have found a stable lineup and a more than worthy and capable frontman. But for the fans, this might not be mandatory purchase, unless you are one of those lucky Cypriots chanting “Iced motherfucking Earth” or just love all things Stu Block. Even if I truly respect the man and wish him a lasting career with Schaffer and co., the live album from this outfit I’ll keep playing on and on will be Alive in Athens.

Line Up:

Stu Block - Vocals
Jon Schaffer - Guitars, Keyboards, Vocals (1988-present) - See also: Purgatory, ex-Demons & Wizards, ex-Schaffer / Barlow Project, ex-Sons of Liberty, ex-The Rose
Troy Seele - Guitars (lead), Vocals (backing)
Luke Appleton - Bass, Vocals (backing)
Brent Smedley - Drums (1996-1997, 1998-1999, 2006-2013, 2015-present) - See also: Eternal Odyssey, ex-Sons of Liberty (live), ex-Prodigy, Out of Darkness, ex-Tempest Reign

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Intro 01:23
02. Dystopia 04:53
03. Burning Times 03:38
04. Angel's Holocaust 04:35
05. Slave to the Dark 04:49
06. V 03:28 Show lyrics
07. When the Night Falls 07:56
08. I Died for You 04:55
09. Invasion 00:40
10. Motivation of Man 01:33
11. Setian Massacre 04:20
12. Stormrider 04:14
13. Pure Evil 06:00
14. Wolf 05:48
15. Dark City 05:46
16. Dracula 06:00
17. Ten Thousand Strong 04:01

CD2:

01. Anthem 04:47
02. Declaration Day 04:24
03. Days of Rage 03:07
04. Melancholy 04:55
05. Encore Intro 02:29
06. In Sacred Flames 01:27
07. Boiling Point 03:01
08. Damien 09:54
09. Watching Over Me 05:06
10. Dante's Inferno 18:04
11. Iced Earth 07:09
12. The Hunter 05:43

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Iced Earth (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Máj 2022, 09:47

Iced Earth - Plagues Of Babylon (Limited Edition Digipak) (2014)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Power Metal , Thrash Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 165 mb

Bio:

Iced Earth is an American heavy metal band from Tampa, Florida. It was formed in 1985 under the name Purgatory by guitarist and main songwriter Jon Schaffer and original drummer Greg Seymour. Iced Earth released their debut album in 1990 and have since released eleven studio albums, four EPs, three compilations, three box sets, three live albums and one cover album.After releasing their first two studio albums in 1990 and 1991, respectively, Iced Earth took a three-year layoff from 1992 to 1995,after which the band returned with new lead vocalist Matt Barlow. Iced Earth went on to release four studio albums with Barlow between 1995 and 2001, respectively; 1995's Burnt Offerings, 1996's The Dark Saga, 1998's Something Wicked This Way Comes and 2001's Horror Show.After Horror Show, Barlow quit the band and joined the police force,while Iced Earth continued on with Tim "Ripper" Owens, of Judas Priest fame, on vocals. With Owens, the band released two studio albums (2004's The Glorious Burden and 2007's Framing Armageddon). In late 2007, Matt Barlow rejoined the band.[6] Iced Earth recorded the album The Crucible of Man with Barlow in 2008. In 2011 Barlow left the band again.Later that year, Into Eternity frontman Stu Block became Iced Earth's new lead vocalist. Dystopia, Block's first album with the group, was released in October 2011. It received a positive response; some critics called Dystopia one of Iced Earth's best albums.Block's second album with the group, Plagues of Babylon, was released in January 2014.Before arriving at their current lineup, Iced Earth has had numerous line-up changes, with founder Jon Schaffer staying as the last remaining member. As of 2013, there have been over twenty musicians in and out of Iced Earth since its formation in 1985 (see: List of Iced Earth band members for more details). Currently, the band is composed of rhythm guitarist Jon Schaffer, lead guitarist Jake Dreyer, singer Stu Block, bassist Luke Appleton and drummer Brent Smedley.

Album:

Iced Earth has a distinct style that, since their distant self-titled debut, they've largely stuck with; Iron Maiden-style melodic metal with a dose of thrash and some progressive tendencies. When Jon Schaffer seemed to grow tired of producing extended epic songs, he instead turned to his series of concept works- the so-called Something Wicked story. This is continued here, and perhaps with more flair than Iced Earth has shown for a number of years. The largely uneventful Owens era (while it has its devotees), as I see it, did not quite match up to the quality of the stellar Barlow period. Then the generally mediocre second half of the Something Wicked double-album effort returned Barlow, unfortunately to little effect.Dystopia introduced current singer Stu Block, whose ridiculous pipes made him able to mimick the Halford style shrieks of Owens and the more powerful, lower barks of Barlow. Dystopia is a record that tears the fanbase, and if you hated it, you may find something new to enjoy here. Plagues of Babylon is more ambitious than the previous record; the initial six songs follow a concept (again), and yet also manage to be the most progressive pieces of music that the band has turned out since Horror Show. The second half is composed of some more varied material that add additional flavor to the record.As far as the first half, the thrash portion is notably greater than it has been recently; the eight-minute title track possesses some meaty riffing and aggressive vocals. Democide and Among The Living Dead are full of muscly guitar work as well, Democide in particular calling to mind Burning Times from 1998's Something Wicked This Way Comes. Jon can't help but let his political stripes show on a couple of these tracks, undoubtedly using the lyrics as a metaphor for Obama or government organizations of some form or another. The End? closes the concept portion of the album, playing like a traditional Iced Earth power ballad with a bit more theatricality to it.The second half isn't as focused and includes two covers, one of Jon's shamelessly patriotic side project Sons of Liberty and another of Jimmy Webb's country-rock song Highwayman, which brings in guest vocals from Volbeat frontman Michael Poulsen (who I've learned is quite a fan of the band) and Russell Allen of Symphony X (which this reviewer freely states he is very much a fan of). While the roster is interesting, neither cover is particularly noteworthy. It also includes the fairly predictable but enjoyable power ballad If I Could See You, the more proggy and quite excellent Cthulhu, metal-western Peacemaker, and melodic thrasher Parasite. An outro of what I believe to be Stu Block cursing and joking around in studio was probably tacked on as a band in-joke.The overall band performances are solid, if not altogether spectacular. Jon's chugging riffs haven't lost their luster, Stu is a little grittier than on Dystopia (which works well), session drummer Raphael Saini does a satisfying job with some creative fills, but no awards are likely to be handed out. Lead guitarist Troy Seele's leads and soloing have been steadily improving and continues to do so here, to his credit. Bassist Luke Appleton isn't very present and seems to mostly just follow the rhythm guitar, which is unfortunate. Some powerful, galloping bass would have significantly benefited some of the more midtempo heavy songs.In conclusion, Plagues of Babylon is no opus, but it is solid and enjoyable Iced Earth album with some unique flavor to it that has kept me returning fairly regularly since I got my hands on it. Longtime fans should not expect anything (Iced) earth-shattering, but it is a good addition to their growing back catalog. Newbies can find worse places to enter, as all of Iced Earth's typical bases are covered here. As a fan of classic Iced Earth and of the newer material, I can say I'm happy with the record overall.

Line Up:

Stu Block - Vocals (2011-present) - See also: ex-Into Eternity, ex-Omega Crom
Jon Schaffer - Guitars, Keyboards, Vocals (1988-present) - See also: Demons & Wizards, Sons of Liberty, ex-Purgatory, ex-The Rose
Troy Seele - Guitars (lead), Songwriting (tracks 3-5)
Luke Appleton - Bass, Songwriting (tracks 5, 6)

Tracklist:

01. Plagues of Babylon 07:47
02. Democide 05:22
03. The Culling 04:26
04. Among the Living Dead 05:14
05. Resistance 04:49
06. The End? 07:13
07. If I Could See You 03:55
08. Cthulhu 06:04
09. Peacemaker 05:02
10. Parasite 03:30
11. Spirit of the Times 05:05
12. Highwayman 03:12
13. Outro 00:24

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Máj 2022, 09:47

Iced Earth - Incorruptible (Japan Edition) (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017 (Japan Edition)
Style : Power Metal , Heavy Metal
Size : 198 mb

Bio:

Album:

Regarding how "Incorruptible" compares to previous Iced Earth albums, guitarist and main songwriter Jon Schaffer told Metal Wani: "They're all kind of their own thing, but I have a very strong gut feeling about this, and so does everybody in the band, that this is one of the really special ones. So I put it up there with 1996's 'The Dark Saga', 1998's 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' and 2011's 'Dystopia'. It's in that league of records, so it's really gonna be something special. I know musicians always say that, but there is something going on here, so it's cool. We're all very excited about it."On the topic of the concept for the lyrics on "Incorruptible", Schaffer said: "There is no concept on this record. It's just ten individual tracks not related to each other. Actually, on 2014's 'Plagues Of Babylon', it was only the first six that were related to the 'Something Wicked' story. It was like a zombie apocalypse within the 'Something Wicked' framework. But this album, it's just ten individual songs. We have one called 'Clear The Way', which is about the Irish Brigade at the Battle Of Fredericksburg - very tragic, actually - but that's a big epic, like ten minutes. Then we have one called 'Black Flag', which is a pirate song. I think I pulled it off pretty well with the lyrics, to be able to tell such a big story in a very short amount of time. I think it's gonna be a highlight of the record. And on the last European tour, we opened the show with a new song that will be the opener on the album. It's called 'Great Heathen Army', that's got a Viking kind of a vibe to it. So there's a lot of different things, and none of it's really related. There's one called 'Raven Wing'. I can't really think of all of them righ now. 'Seven Headed Whore', that's one that's actually pretty brutal like a total kick in the balls. But, you know, there's a lot of varied emotions on this, and it's cool stuff."Asked about singer Stu Block's contribution to "Incorruptible", Schaffer said: "Well, he came at the end of … for about the last month or so of pre-production … maybe a little bit more … five weeks … and we worked on his vocal parts. We do it like Stu and I normally do it. Some of the stuff we write together. I mean, I write the musical arrangements and do all that. He doesn't play any instruments, but he comes in … At the end of the writing process is when we focus on his parts. And the lyrics that we worked on together, on a song called 'Brother', which is about the brotherhood between Stu and I and within the band … We've gone through a lot of shit together and we've had a lot of great times together, but the bond is very strong, and that's clear. So it's just a song, really, for us. And then he wrote the lyrics for 'The Great Heathen Army'. But usually, he goes to an area and works, and I go in my area and work. And, like I said, on some songs we collaborate sometimes. On this one, the only we did was 'Brother'. We work in the way we always work. And it's a very cool chemistry."

Line Up:

Stu Block - Vocals (2011-present) - See also: ex-Into Eternity, ex-Omega Crom
Jon Schaffer - Guitars, Keyboards, Vocals (1988-present) - See also: Demons & Wizards, Sons of Liberty, ex-Purgatory, ex-The Rose
Luke Appleton - Bass (2012-present) - See also: Absolva, Fury UK, ex-Blaze Bayley (live)
Jake Dreyer - Guitars (lead) (2016-present) - See also: Jake Dreyer, Witherfall, Kobra and the Lotus (live), ex-DeadRingers Guild, ex-White Wizzard, ex-DeathRiders
Brent Smedley - Drums (1996-1997, 1998-1999, 2006-2013, 2015-present) - See also: Sons of Liberty (live), ex-Prodigy, ex-Tempest Reign

Tracklist:

01. Great Heathen Army 05:19
02. Black Flag 04:56
03. Raven Wing 06:25
04. The Veil 04:47
05. Seven Headed Whore 03:00
06. The Relic (Part 1) 04:59
07. Ghost Dance (Awaken the Ancestors) 06:35 instrumental
08. Brothers 04:54
09. Defiance 04:08
10. Clear the Way (December 13th, 1862) 09:30

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Máj 2022, 09:48

Iced Earth - Iced Earth (30th Anniversary Edition) (Limited Edition Digipak) (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1990 (30th Anniversary Limited Edition 2020)

Bio:

Album:

The 30th-anniversary edition of ICED EARTH's self-titled debut album will arrive on December 18 via Century Media Records.The new version of the 1990 LP features a remix by Chris "Zeuss" Harris, who previously worked with ICED EARTH on the group's latest effort, 2017's "Incorruptible", and brand new artwork.ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer comments: "This 30-year-old debut classic has been remixed and remastered from the original 2 inch tapes by Zeuss, and it sounds fantastic. It has a modern touch and still retains the dynamics of the original release. This is a big step forward sonically and visually. We're excited to have our exclusive artwork and blood red vinyl version at icedearthmerch.com."The remixed and remastered version of the song "Written On The Walls" can be streamed below.This past July, Schaffer said that there were no plans for ICED EARTH to work on the follow-up to "Incorruptible". "There is no way we can plan," he said during a Facebook Live chat. "You guys should be able to understand that, if you watch the news. I have an international band, and I can't even travel to Europe right now [because of coronavirus pandemic-related restrictions]. There's no point in trying to put together a plan, because I guarantee you they're gonna launch the second wave of this shit and lock us all down again. To what degree, nobody really knows yet, but they were fielding that as soon as all this nonsense started, so it's definitely expected to be the case. So making plans for touring and putting all that together just to have it all derailed is costly and naïve at best. So I don't know."I'm gonna definitely plan on working on some new material later this year, early next year," he explained. "But again, that depends on how things roll out. So that's the way it is. We're just gonna have to see what happens with the global situation. There are several things that could take place. Hopefully some good things will happen to turn this mess around, but I'm not feeling super confident about that at the moment."Less than two years ago, Schaffer teamed up with his old pals in PURGATORY, the band that he originally founded in 1985, then later became ICED EARTH, to record five tracks that were written between 1985 and 1987. The resulting "Purgatory" EP was released in December 2018 through Century Media. The EP includes liner notes and comments by Schaffer, Gene Adam, Greg Seymour and Bill Owen, and fitting cover artwork by David Newman Stump and Roy Young, known from their excellent work on "Incorruptible".

Line Up:

Gene Adam - Lead Vocals
Dave Abell - Bass Guitars
Mike McGill - Drums
Randy Shawver - Lead Guitar

Tracklist:

01. Iced Earth (Remaster 2020)
02. Written On The Walls (Remaster 2020)
03. Colors (Remaster 2020)
04. Curse The Sky (Remaster 2020)
05. Life And Death (Remaster 2020)
06. Solitude (Remaster 2020)
07. Funeral (Remaster 2020)
08. When The Night Falls (Remaster 2020)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Máj 2022, 09:48

Iced Earth - Bang Your Head (2CD) (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2022

Bio:

Album:

Iced Earth were invited to headline the Bang Your Head Festival on July 16th, 2016. Although the band was in the studio working on composing and preproduction of their forthcoming album Incorruptible (2017), they accepted the offer. The promoter of the show was wishing for a full play through of the Dark Saga (1996) album to celebrate the 20th anniversary of that record. However, due to the demands of the studio work, the band felt that there was no way to do a proper tribute to the entire album with the time constraints they were dealing with. The setlist is fairly Dark Saga heavy, but also features 3 tracks from the acclaimed Plagues of Babylon (2014) release, and thus unleashes these songs for the first time in a live recording, as well as touching on many eras of the bands vast catalog/history.This album also captures one of guitarist Troy Seele’s last performances with the band, who left soon after, to take care of his family. Iced Earth founder and guitarist Jon Schaffer, longtime drummer Brent Smedley, bassist Luke Appleton, and singer Stu Block round out the lineup for this show.

Line Up:

Jon Schaffer - Guitars, Keyboards, Vocals (1988-present) - See also: Purgatory, ex-Demons & Wizards, ex-Schaffer / Barlow Project, ex-Sons of Liberty, ex-The Rose
Brent Smedley - Drums (1996-1997, 1998-1999, 2006-2013, 2015-present) - See also: Eternal Odyssey, ex-Sons of Liberty (live), ex-Prodigy, Out of Darkness, ex-Tempest Reign

Tracklist:

CD1:

01. Dark Saga
02. Plagues Of Babylon
03. Democide
04. Vengeance Is Mine
05. Burning Times
06. Pure Evil
07. I Died For You
08. Cthulhu
09. Damien

CD2:

01. Slave To The Dark
02. A Question Of Heaven
03. My Own Saviour
04. Dystopia
05. The Hunter
06. Watching Over Me

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Apr 2023, 10:58

Iced Earth - Hellrider - I Walk Among You (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Size : 119 mb

Bio:

Album:

The 'Hellrider' consists of the songs 'Prophecy', 'Birth Of The Wicked' and 'The Coming Curse', originally from the album 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' (1998), which was voted one of the best Power Metal records of all time by Metal Hammer.In late summer 2007, all three tracks were re-recorded with Tim 'Ripper' Owens.The second EP "I Walk Among You" contains the studio tracks "Setian Massacre", "A Charge To Keep" and "The Clouding" from the 2007 album "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part I)", which were remixed and remastered in 2008 and include the recently returned Matt Barlow.In addition, there are the live tracks 'Dark Saga', 'Pure Evil' and 'Iced Earth', which were recorded at the Graspop Metal Meeting 2008 and also have Matt Barlow as vocalist.I think it’s fair to say that it has been something of a time of tribulation in the Iced Earth camp of late. With only Brent Smedley remaining with Jon Schaffer to carry the torch the future is looking uncertain for the Indiana-based Metal Titans. With only 2022’s interesting A Narrative Soundscape being released under the Iced Earth name since Incorruptible back in 2017 and national political events focusing Schaffer’s attention of late, it’s good to get anything new from the band; even if that is just a couple of compilations of previously unreleased material.These new EPs include tracks from the transitional period in 2007 and 2008 which saw the end of the Tim Owens-era and the return of Schaffer’s Brother-in-Law, Matt Barlow, who was responsible for the vocals on all the band’s albums from Burnt Offerings in 1995 to the Tribute to the Gods EP in 2002. Previously available only on CD, these new versions, produced by Schaffer and Jim Morris, remastered and with new artwork, is the first-time they will be released on vinyl and for digital download.Hellrider is a three-track disc featuring songs from the 1998 Something Wicked This Way Comes sessions back in 1998, dusted off and rerecorded in the summer of 2007 with Ripper giving his vocal take on the material.As Something Wicked… is considered one of the best Power Metal records of all time – according to Metal Hammer’s vote – and Ripper is no slouch when it comes to soaring vocals, it all seems like a marriage made in Heaven (or Hell, depending on your perspective). Prophecy, Birth of the Wicked and The Coming Curse aren’t looking to reinvent the Iced Earth wheel, rather that all play into the band’s strengths, utilising rapid-fire, fist-pumping, chest-beating riffs, epic, overblown bombast and the grandiose subject matter for which this band is particularly known.Jon plays all guitar on this selection, and his combinations of uncompromising rhythm work, against his flourishes with lead material – and his anchoring basslines – form a perfect platform for Ripper to weave vocal magic.The second EP, I Walk Among You, features Matt’s vocals after his return to the band in 2008. Although Ripper recorded the voice for the Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1) in 2007, it was Mr Barlow who took up to the tour reigns. The first three tracks of this EP are his versions of Setian Massacre, A Change to Keep and The Clouding, the first and last of these have previously been available as bonus tracks on the Japanese version of the album.Looking back to the period covered by these EPs, it was a little strange to see Iced Earth opening for Heaven & Hell with Ripper up front then, the following summer, seeing the same band but with Matt back on the microphone.One of Iced Earth’s festival appearances I caught – other than the Bloodstock Open Air show – was at the 2008 Graspop Metal Meeting and three songs from that set make up the second half of I Walk Among You.Dark Saga, Pure Evil and Iced Earth are all songs Matt knows like the back of his hand so all three are delivered in the large bombastic manner you would expect from such a band on such an occasion. As memory serves, Iced Earth played on a sun-bathed Saturday mainstage just before special guests Cavalera Conspiracy and headliners, Kiss. Oh, and the stage was opened by some up and coming Swedes called Sabaton.Whatever your personal view of Jon Schaffer’s actions and the subsequent results, one should always be mindful of separating the art from the artist. I mean, Roman Polanski might be (allegedly) a massive nonce, but that does detract from how great Rosemary’s Baby and Chinatown are.It is writ-large throughout Iced Earth and Schaffer’s work that he is a staunch adherent of the principles of the US Constitution, the first of which is the freedom to express an opinion. Whether he went too far is for the US Justice System to decide; I’m just glad we’ve got some new(ish) material to spin.

Line Up:

Tim Mills - Guitars (lead) (tracks 1 to 3)
Troy Seele - Guitars (lead) (tracks 4 to 9)
Freddie Vidales - Bass (tracks 7 to 9)
Tim Owens - Vocals (Tracks 1, 2 & 3)
Matt Barlow - Vocals (Tracks 4 to 9)

Tracklist:

HELLRIDER (feat. Tim "Ripper" Owens)

01. Prophecy
02. Birth Of The Wicked
03. The Coming Curse

WALK AMONG YOU (feat. Matt Barlow)

04. Setian Massacre
05. A Charge to Keep
06. The Clouding

Live at Graspop 2008:

07. Dark Saga
08. Pure Evil
09. Iced Earth

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "POWER Metal, SYMPHONIC Metal, OPERA Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných