Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Seven Kingdoms (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Dec 2021, 12:33

Seven Kingdoms - Brothers Of The Night (2007) (Napalm Records Reissue 2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2007 (Napalm Records Reissue 2017)
Style : Heavy Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 103 mb

Bio:

SEVEN KINGDOMS was formed in Deland, FL in 2007. The band began to play shows, went through all the usual "underground band" ups-and-down; members came and went; numerous local shows; an independently released debut album; etc. Finally, once they had a more solidified lineup, the band signed a management/booking deal with Intromental Worldwide in 2009, which lead to a record deal with Nightmare Records.Shortly after the release of their Nightmare Records debut "Seven Kingdoms" (their second release, but first featuring female vocalist Sabrina Valentine) SEVEN KINGDOMS played the opening party at the very prestigious ProgPower USA and was then handpicked by the legendary German power metal band, Blind Guardian, to open their 2010 North American tour, which saw the band playing in front of tens of thousands of metal fans throughout USA and Canada. This tour gained the band exponential amounts of exposure, to their direct market. SEVEN KINGDOMS went on to play several one off's and smaller tours in 2011 ending with the "Uniting The Powers Of Metal” tour alongside other uprising power metal acts such as Artizan, Creation's End and Widow. The band capped off 2011 signing endorsement deals with Engl Amplification and Warwick Basses / Amps.The First show of 2012 came with a slot on the 70,000 Tons Of Metal Preparty, playing to a packed house at the Grand Central venue in Miami. In May of 2012 the band entered Morrisound Studios to creating a record powerful enough to hang with the best in metal. With legendary producer Jim Morris (Iced Earth, Obituary, JOP, Jag Panzer etc) at the helm and much more experience gained, SEVEN KINGDOMS created their next melodic power thrash opus.Upon completion of the recording of their new album, SEVEN KINGDOMS signed an extension of their deal with Nightmare Records. The Music Video for 'After The Fall' premiered at ProgPower USA on the big screen, directly before the set of Symphony X to a captive crowd. The video went viral for a short period of time, gaining over 400,000+ views on Youtube. The record, titled “The Fire is Mine”, was unleashed on October 9, 2012."The Fire is Mine", was the third offering from Florida's SEVEN KINGDOMS, showing a great solidification in their sound and direction; they amped up every aspect from song writing, vocals to production and live performance. This one goes to eleven on all counts - including the number of tracks! The vocals and beautiful crystalline melodies of Sabrina Valentine are uniquely set in a furious power/thrash metal attack, blended with epic choirs and the occasional beer-chanting of the men of SEVEN KINGDOMS.After the release of 'The Fire Is Mine", SEVEN KINGDOMS hosted their own CD release party at the Deland Rock & Metal Festival, and then played a few supporting shows in Florida with Queensryche, Jon Oliva's Pain and also Firewind. The band was then added to the massive Stratovarius and Amaranthe European tour in 2013, where they were able to break into the European market and play in front of tens of thousands of hungry fans. This tour also included a slot on the prestigious PPM Festival in Belgium where they shared the stage alongside bands like Avantasia, Queensryche, Behemoth, Helloween and Gamma Ray. Upon the return home, SEVEN KINGDOMS set out on a short east coast Canadian and USA Headlining run, their first non-supporting tour. They closed 2013 off with a performance at the Deland Rock & Metal Festival along side Circle II Circle. SEVEN KINGDOMS then headed out for their final European Tour in support of 'The Fire Is Mine' in May/June of 2014. They toured along side their friends in the Danish band, Manticora. SEVEN KINGDOMS then took some time for writing, taking select dates with repeat appearances at the DeLand Rock & Metal Festival and openings for Sonata Arctica and Doro in their home state of Florida.SEVEN KINGDOMS entered the studio for their 10th year anniversary album in the summer of 2016. Teaming up again with Jim Morris for Recording and Mixing SEVEN KINGDOMS then headed into North Avenue Studios. Guitar engineer Phil Pluskota (Abiotic, King Conquer) assisted in the tracking, along with Tyler McDaniel and then Jacob Hansen (Pretty Maids, Volbeat, Amaranthe) for the Mastering process. In The Walls EP was released in late 2016 via Kickstarter which raised over $12,000, nearly double of the goal. Following up in 2017, the full length album, Decennium, was also successfully funded via Kickstarter raising over $23,000, again almost doubling the original goal. The success of this DIY soft release gained the attention of Napalm Records, who then signed SEVEN KINGDOMS and re-pressed the bands entire catalog. SEVEN KINGDOMS is currently about to head out with the Swedish band, Evergrey, for a massive North American tour in 2017 over May and June.A band started for fun, found that hard work and dedication to their craft has major pay offs... SEVEN KINGDOMS is carving its own path in metal history creating something genuinely unique, yet undeniably Power Metal!

Album:

After numerous tours around US and Canada, three full length studio albums, it’s now ready to take the next step and join forces with Napalm Records.A band started for fun, found that hard work and dedication to their craft has major pay offs... Seven Kingdoms is carving its own path in metal history creating something genuinely unique, yet undeniably power metal.Seven Kingdoms on the signing and their new home at Napalm Records: “We are really happy to announce that we signed a deal with Napalm Records! We were able to pinpoint a deal that will help the band reach many more fans at home and overseas. Along with the newest album Decennium and the In The Walls EP, Napalm will also be repressing our earlier albums, Brothers Of The Night, The Self Titled and The Fire Is Mine. Bands such as HammerFall, Kamelot, Delain, Powerwolf and Devildriver have made this label home and we are again, just very happy to join those ranks. Napalm has been an undeniable tool in many bigger artist's careers. Thomas and the gang have been really receptive to the material and we are looking forward to getting the band on the next level with the help of Napalm Records."When I first discovered Seven Kingdoms I had only known of their current lineup, that which is fronted by vocalist Sabrina Valentine. I really enjoyed their music and quickly bought both albums featuring her as the vocalist. However, I quickly discovered that they had an album before Sabrina Valentine which was fronted by a male vocalist, Bryan Edwards. It wasn't until recently that I actually acquired the album and was surprisingly blown away. Even more shocking to me was that most Seven Kingdoms fans I see who interact on their social media sites never bring up this album. After giving this album a chance and being handsomely rewarded I felt very compelled to review this underrated album.I don't know if I'm narrow-minded in music or what, but I can't really pin down any other bands that sound like this. That's part of what gives this album such re-listen value. It's like downtuned power-thrash metal with some progressive elements thrown in for good measure. The melodies throughout are catchy and the songwriting flows in a way that never lets you get bored. The listener will constantly be engaged and challenged. It's combination of death metal vocals and melodic, heartful singing helps convey and amplify the ever-shifting lyrical themes of brotherhood, death and defeat, glory and battle quite well.The opener "Eyes of Summer" and "Stormborn" can easily send shivers down your spine, especially if you're familiar with the lyrical content, that of George RR Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series. "Go give the king his crown of gold" seems like a nice enough line to someone not familiar with what is really going on! "We Do not Sow (The Legacy of Black Harren, Pt I)" touches on the Ironborn's ritual of drowning inductees (sometimes to death) as part of their religion, giving that much more power and nerd-value to the line "What is dead may never die!". All of these songs are chalked full of contemplative, darker lyrics such as these. Camden Cruz still shines with outstanding solos and leads, playing out when appropriate and keeping it simpler with more melodic lines when needed.Easily the highlight of this album is the ballad "The Bloody Meadow". Where are songs like this on 'Seven Kingdoms' and 'The Fire is Mine'?! The chorus on this song alone makes buying the album worth it. The keyboards taking a more prominent role is also a very welcomed addition which helps give this song a distinct identity.A few detractors do exist, however. Bryan Edwards shines quite a lot in this album but his singing voice is sometimes noticeably unpolished. This could have been fixed with some minor pitch corrections and/or more takes to get the perfect one. The example which sticks out the most are the high falsettos in "Dragonflight". He's in tune but the power isn't there and it's uncomfortable to hear, it's definitely out of his range. When Bryan is in his comfort zone he's soulful and moving. Luckily bumps in the road for vocals are few and far between and go by so fast that one can't linger on them.The drums on this record sound sufficient, but I can't help but think this is actually a drum machine. The cymbals in "The Long Night" (and all the other songs, really) make this suspicion burn. Keith Byrd is credited with drums on this album's Metal Archives page, so I don't know what's going on. I still would put my money on this album's percussion actually being programmed drums. And lastly the only song I feel is weak would be "Watchers on the Wall". Very well performed, but it's bouncy, galloping power metal sound feels out of place with the rest of the album's darker, pounding aura.To fans of Seven Kingdoms post-Bryan Edwards, I can safely say you owe it to yourself to give this album a spin. 'Brothers of the Night' is defined by Bryan's guttural screams and warm singing as well as it's comparatively experimental nature when held up against it's two succeeding followups. I don't know why Seven Kingdom abandoned some of the elements on this album, as this is the only Seven Kingdom album which holds my attention beginning to end. One could view it as evolution into a newer, more modern (and mainstream) sound. I would contend that it's more like half-life, constantly decaying into something different and in my opinion overall inferior.

Line-Up:

Bryan Edwards - Vocals
Keith Byrd - Drums (2007-present) - See also: BlackHelm, ex-Maverick Hunter, ex-Cast Asunder
Kevin Byrd - Guitars (2007-present) - See also: BlackHelm
Camden Cruz - Guitars (2007-present) - See also: ex-This Solemn Vow
Cory Stene - Bass
John Zambrotto - Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Eyes of Summer 04:27
02. Stormborn 04:04
03. We Do Not Sow (The Legacy of Black Harren, Part I) 05:21
04. Blackwater Rush 07:10
05. The Bloody Meadow 07:49
06. Dragonflight 05:11
07. The Long Night 04:05
08. Watchers on the Wall 06:08
09. Towers of Hubris (The Legacy of Black Harren, Part II) 06:08
10. Winter Comes 07:07

+ Video "Stormborn" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Seven Kingdoms (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Dec 2021, 12:33

Seven Kingdoms - Seven Kingdoms (2010) (Napalm Records Reissue 2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2010 (Napalm Records Reissue 2017)
Style : Heavy Power Metal , Female vocals

Bio:

SEVEN KINGDOMS was formed in Deland, FL in 2007. The band began to play shows, went through all the usual "underground band" ups-and-down; members came and went; numerous local shows; an independently released debut album; etc. Finally, once they had a more solidified lineup, the band signed a management/booking deal with Intromental Worldwide in 2009, which lead to a record deal with Nightmare Records.Shortly after the release of their Nightmare Records debut "Seven Kingdoms" (their second release, but first featuring female vocalist Sabrina Valentine) SEVEN KINGDOMS played the opening party at the very prestigious ProgPower USA and was then handpicked by the legendary German power metal band, Blind Guardian, to open their 2010 North American tour, which saw the band playing in front of tens of thousands of metal fans throughout USA and Canada. This tour gained the band exponential amounts of exposure, to their direct market. SEVEN KINGDOMS went on to play several one off's and smaller tours in 2011 ending with the "Uniting The Powers Of Metal” tour alongside other uprising power metal acts such as Artizan, Creation's End and Widow. The band capped off 2011 signing endorsement deals with Engl Amplification and Warwick Basses / Amps.The First show of 2012 came with a slot on the 70,000 Tons Of Metal Preparty, playing to a packed house at the Grand Central venue in Miami. In May of 2012 the band entered Morrisound Studios to creating a record powerful enough to hang with the best in metal. With legendary producer Jim Morris (Iced Earth, Obituary, JOP, Jag Panzer etc) at the helm and much more experience gained, SEVEN KINGDOMS created their next melodic power thrash opus.Upon completion of the recording of their new album, SEVEN KINGDOMS signed an extension of their deal with Nightmare Records. The Music Video for 'After The Fall' premiered at ProgPower USA on the big screen, directly before the set of Symphony X to a captive crowd. The video went viral for a short period of time, gaining over 400,000+ views on Youtube. The record, titled “The Fire is Mine”, was unleashed on October 9, 2012."The Fire is Mine", was the third offering from Florida's SEVEN KINGDOMS, showing a great solidification in their sound and direction; they amped up every aspect from song writing, vocals to production and live performance. This one goes to eleven on all counts - including the number of tracks! The vocals and beautiful crystalline melodies of Sabrina Valentine are uniquely set in a furious power/thrash metal attack, blended with epic choirs and the occasional beer-chanting of the men of SEVEN KINGDOMS.After the release of 'The Fire Is Mine", SEVEN KINGDOMS hosted their own CD release party at the Deland Rock & Metal Festival, and then played a few supporting shows in Florida with Queensryche, Jon Oliva's Pain and also Firewind. The band was then added to the massive Stratovarius and Amaranthe European tour in 2013, where they were able to break into the European market and play in front of tens of thousands of hungry fans. This tour also included a slot on the prestigious PPM Festival in Belgium where they shared the stage alongside bands like Avantasia, Queensryche, Behemoth, Helloween and Gamma Ray. Upon the return home, SEVEN KINGDOMS set out on a short east coast Canadian and USA Headlining run, their first non-supporting tour. They closed 2013 off with a performance at the Deland Rock & Metal Festival along side Circle II Circle. SEVEN KINGDOMS then headed out for their final European Tour in support of 'The Fire Is Mine' in May/June of 2014. They toured along side their friends in the Danish band, Manticora. SEVEN KINGDOMS then took some time for writing, taking select dates with repeat appearances at the DeLand Rock & Metal Festival and openings for Sonata Arctica and Doro in their home state of Florida.SEVEN KINGDOMS entered the studio for their 10th year anniversary album in the summer of 2016. Teaming up again with Jim Morris for Recording and Mixing SEVEN KINGDOMS then headed into North Avenue Studios. Guitar engineer Phil Pluskota (Abiotic, King Conquer) assisted in the tracking, along with Tyler McDaniel and then Jacob Hansen (Pretty Maids, Volbeat, Amaranthe) for the Mastering process. In The Walls EP was released in late 2016 via Kickstarter which raised over $12,000, nearly double of the goal. Following up in 2017, the full length album, Decennium, was also successfully funded via Kickstarter raising over $23,000, again almost doubling the original goal. The success of this DIY soft release gained the attention of Napalm Records, who then signed SEVEN KINGDOMS and re-pressed the bands entire catalog. SEVEN KINGDOMS is currently about to head out with the Swedish band, Evergrey, for a massive North American tour in 2017 over May and June.A band started for fun, found that hard work and dedication to their craft has major pay offs... SEVEN KINGDOMS is carving its own path in metal history creating something genuinely unique, yet undeniably Power Metal!

Album:

After numerous tours around US and Canada, three full length studio albums, it’s now ready to take the next step and join forces with Napalm Records.A band started for fun, found that hard work and dedication to their craft has major pay offs... Seven Kingdoms is carving its own path in metal history creating something genuinely unique, yet undeniably power metal.Seven Kingdoms on the signing and their new home at Napalm Records: “We are really happy to announce that we signed a deal with Napalm Records! We were able to pinpoint a deal that will help the band reach many more fans at home and overseas. Along with the newest album Decennium and the In The Walls EP, Napalm will also be repressing our earlier albums, Brothers Of The Night, The Self Titled and The Fire Is Mine. Bands such as HammerFall, Kamelot, Delain, Powerwolf and Devildriver have made this label home and we are again, just very happy to join those ranks. Napalm has been an undeniable tool in many bigger artist's careers. Thomas and the gang have been really receptive to the material and we are looking forward to getting the band on the next level with the help of Napalm Records.

The best way to describe this album is Iced Earth circa 1992 going full-on power metal with female vocals. Take a second to picture Jon Schaffer's GOOD riff ideas set to Imaginations From The Other Side (Blind Guardian) or Power Plant (Gamma Ray). It sounds crazy, but here, it just WORKS. Riffs gallop at a frenetic pace, tastefully done drums (this is more American power metal than Finnish...there's not a lot of gratuitous double bass for the sake of double bass here), and vocalist Sabrina Valentine has an amazing power metal voice. Not the Tarja Turunen or Simone Simons mezzo-soprano style, but more like a female version of Mathias Blad of Falconer...more focus on the lower to mid range, but she can still soar (chorus of Somewhere Far Away, for example). There are keyboards in the mix, but much like Iron Maiden's Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, they serve to be ambiance and fill space in the background, never the focal point.There isn't a weak moment on this album. Wolf In Sheep's Clothes is a bit more "radio friendly," but is still a killer track. A Murder Never Dead is the obligatory piano ballad, and it works quite well, although its place in the track listing slows down the album (it should be before the epic Seven Kingdoms). And yes, Go Go Power Rangers...err...Thunder Of The Hammer is cheesy as hell, but it's still a fun track in the vein of Breaking The Law or Toxic Waltz.The rest of the album is one big highlight; mid to up tempo power metal. Somewhere Far Away and Seven Kingdoms bookend the album, and are the best of the best. This is epic metal at its finest.

Line-Up:

Sabrina Valentine - Vocals
Keith Byrd - Drums (2007-present) - See also: BlackHelm, ex-Maverick Hunter, ex-Cast Asunder
Miles Neff - Bass

Tracklist:

01. Prelude 01:19 instrumental
02. Somewhere Far Away 04:45
03. The Ones Who Breathe the Flame 05:11
04. Open the Gates 06:30
05. Vengeance by the Sons of a King 06:06
06. Wolf in Sheep's Clothes 04:28
07. A Murder Never Dead 04:03
08. Into the Darkness 05:58
09. Eyes to the North 04:28
10. Thunder of the Hammer 04:44
11. Seven Kingdoms 08:51

+ Video "Open The Gates" (Official Fan Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Dec 2021, 12:34

Seven Kingdoms - The Fire Is Mine (2012) (Napalm Records Reissue 2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2012 (Napalm Records Reissue 2017)

Bio:

Album:

After numerous tours around US and Canada, three full length studio albums, it’s now ready to take the next step and join forces with Napalm Records.A band started for fun, found that hard work and dedication to their craft has major pay offs... Seven Kingdoms is carving its own path in metal history creating something genuinely unique, yet undeniably power metal.Seven Kingdoms on the signing and their new home at Napalm Records: “We are really happy to announce that we signed a deal with Napalm Records! We were able to pinpoint a deal that will help the band reach many more fans at home and overseas. Along with the newest album Decennium and the In The Walls EP, Napalm will also be repressing our earlier albums, Brothers Of The Night, The Self Titled and The Fire Is Mine. Bands such as HammerFall, Kamelot, Delain, Powerwolf and Devildriver have made this label home and we are again, just very happy to join those ranks. Napalm has been an undeniable tool in many bigger artist's careers. Thomas and the gang have been really receptive to the material and we are looking forward to getting the band on the next level with the help of Napalm Records.

As a big fan of power metal, I can say with all honesty that it is not very common for a power metal album to pump me up and/or blow my mind. Being a fan of an overly saturated style like power metal, one has to be critical of what one listens and wait for those big albums that make you believe in the sub-genre again. The good thing of over-saturation is that it makes it the more special when something really great comes out.Seven Kingdoms is a band I have followed for a couple of years now. When I first heard their debut, I was a little confused. I didn't know how to categorize what I was hearing. However, the more I listened to it, the more I felt that trying to categorize things is very limiting in any art form. I grew to love that album and eagerly wait for a second release. Their self titled second album saw a change in the band, most notably on the vocal department (hiring the enchanting sounds of Sabrina Valentine). For the most part, the play between power and thrash was receding, and a more straight power metal sound was building. While a good album, it lacked what made the first one special and different, but at the same time had the potential to take the band in a more concrete direction.And that is what we finally have here. While I certainly miss that many elements of the first album were not further explored, this does not mean the band has taken a “safe route” with The Fire Is Mine; it just means that the band has found a sound they are comfortable in and that best transmits their talents, from composition to song writing. This third offering by Seven Kingdoms is their most consistent release, and one of the most fun to listen to (probably after the debut).So what makes this album great? First of all, it needs to be said: every band member is in top shape in this release. The riffing is top notch, the vocalist sounds better than ever, the drumming is unbelievable, and the bass puts it all together in a way that delivers a very professional sounding album. Every instrument has moments to shine in different parts of the album. In this regard, while Sabrina's voice is excellent, she doesn't “go all out” as the other instruments do sometimes. Her approach is well done and tight, but doesn't take much chances. While a valid technical criticism, this does nothing to hinder the experience.Secondly, the songs themselves are fun to listen to and sing along. While they don't play too much with structure (which anyway doesn't happen often in most power metal), songs don't get boring at all. No song overstays its welcome. While structures are not really complex, they do try to do fun things with them, sometimes breaking a verse so the guitar can go crazy. Once or twice the second verse sounds slightly different than the first, maybe a different tempo, a new riff added in, etc. This reminds me a lot of a band that definitely inspires Seven Kingdoms and that is a pioneer of power metal (and one of my all time favorites): Blind Guardian.Like Blind Guardian and many others, their lyrical inspiration comes from mythology, movies and speculative fiction (whether sci-fi or fantasy/sword and sorcery). If one is a geek, like me, this is pretty obvious from the band's own name: Seven Kingdoms is the protagonist realm of George R.R. Martin's beloved series, Song of Ice and Fire (turned into a recent HBO series called Game Of Thrones.) The band's first album mostly dealt with characters and events from those books, while that was mostly absent in the second album. Here, we get three songs based on Song of Ice and Fire: the opener After the Fall, the titular The Fire Is Mine and the epic closing song, The King In The North.Something that impressed me about this release is how the lyrics are done in such a way as to transport you to whatever world they want. Sure, this can be a totally subjective appreciation, but much like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth and Iron Maiden, the songwriting has the ability to make you live the story again. Examples of this from those bands are Nightfall in Middle Earth, Horror Show and pretty much every Maiden song, respectively. I think it is worth praise when you can have that effect by re-telling a story through music. The pacing, the rhymes, the music itself...it was really well done.Other song themes are Prometheus (Flame of Olympus), the video game Elder Scrolls V Skyrim (which I admit gave me a nerdgasm when I heard the song based on it, In the Twisted Twilight), and the movie Kardia. The first two songs I mentioned are great power metal songs, great to sing to, with great instrumental parts and vibrant, energetic solos. It can't be overstated that the solos on this album are awesome. They don't get old and are technically tight.Kardia is the “ballad” of the album. Like most metal releases, all Seven Kingdoms albums have a “ballad”, which just means a slow and very emotional song (since they are really not ballads at all). Unlike the first album's ballad, the ballad on the second album and in The Fire Is Mine are very slow affairs, most of them consisting of a single instrument and the vocals. Kardia is a nice song that doesn't really break the pace, and I think it manages to fit in. It's possible it doesn't for its own merits, but because one is just used to expecting a ballad. I do have to say that the last chorus of the song, when it breaks into heavy guitars and drums, adds so little musically, that it could have been removed. The whole song is acoustic except for the last chorus: even the solo is acoustic. The change at the end doesn't sound bad; but maybe it would have made it more special and unique all acoustic.As for songs I didn't like, the only one would be Forever Brave. While I don't hate it and grew to like it after giving it a chance, it is not at the same level as the rest of the album. The modern and “nu-metal” influences on it drew me away, although I have learned to tolerate it and I don't skip it anymore. As for the subject, it is probably the political song on the album, dealing with themes like civil unrest and the desire for things to change. Not a bad subject at all, but the song itself just didn't do it for me. However, since I have listened to the rest of the album so much out of pure enjoyment, this song does not affect the score.As for a song I absolutely love and have to mention, it is the closing song The King In The North. Every Seven Kingdoms album closes with a great, epic song and this one didn't disappoint. While not as layered and/or technically interesting as Winter Comes from the debut, or Seven Kingdoms from the self titled second album, the opening riff just pumps you up and definitely hearkens back to the classic power/thrash Seven Kingdoms sound. The pre-chorus is haunting and the chorus is a sing along with Valentine screaming the words (while not straining her voice) with the usual power metal deep, male backing vocals. The bridge is sad and emotional (like the subject of the song, which can be a spoiler for some Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones fans, but definitely not a reason to not listen to it), and while the instrumental part is fast riffage and double pedals at their best, it could have lasted longer. It definitely would not have hurt.So, the conclusion is that we have here an album with songs you will want to listen to over and over, a power metal album that definitely stands out from the rest. It is power metal done by the book, but damn good one at that. It doesn't redefine the genre...but do we really want to redefine it? Just give me good, strong and memorable power metal and I'm as happy as a happy metalhead can be.Favorite songs: After the Fall, Symphony Of Stars, The Fire Is Mine, In The Twisted Twilight and The King In The North.Honorable mentions: Fragile Minds Collapse.This album was reviewed in the Spanish speaking heavy metal culture show, Metalurgia, via Radio Huelga (radiohuelga.com), an alternative, voluntary and free programming and news network by students from the University of Puerto Rico. For more reviews, social and political debates (from and by metalheads) and metal news, go to Metalurgia – Radio Huelga on Facebook (both as a group and a fan page.)

Line-Up:

Aaron Sluss - Bass

Tracklist:

01. Beyond the Wall 01:17 instrumental
02. After the Fall 05:41
03. Forever Brave 05:11
04. Flame of Olympus 04:54
05. Symphony of Stars 05:37
06. The Fire Is Mine 05:38
07. Kardia 04:55
08. Fragile Minds Collapse 06:03
09. In the Twisted Twilight 05:01
10. A Debt Paid in Steel 00:56 instrumental
11. The King in the North 07:50

+ Video "After The Fall" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Dec 2021, 12:34

Seven Kingdoms - Decennium (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017

Bio:

Album:

"A fire must burn!" That's the spirit of power metal's finest Seven Kingdoms while blazing a wild passion through every millisecond of their monstrous music. Welcome "Decennium"! Their furious 10th band anniversary. Be sure: This fast 'n 'heavy thrash and power metal is always up-tempo, fierce and epic. Songstress Sabrina Valentine sings with full force and her charismatic voice flirts insanely with heavy twin guitars. This much is certain: these Floridan whirlwinds made their mark in the holy world of metal already! After being handpicked by the mighty Blind Guardian to tour with them through North America in 2010, ten thousands of fans now follow their madness. Shows with Stratovarius, Amaranthe and metal queen Doro pushed them ever upward to where they are now. Most impressively: they financed "Decennium" via kickstarter and doubled their original target! And it was totally worth it. Every song on their fourth opus is a blast!

Line-Up:

Keith Byrd Drums (2007-present) - See also: BlackHelm, ex-Maverick Hunter, ex-Cast Asunder
Kevin Byrd Guitars (2007-present) - See also: BlackHelm
Camden Cruz Guitars (2007-present) - See also: ex-This Solemn Vow
Sabrina Valentine Vocals (2009-present)
Aaron Sluss Bass (2010-present) - See also: Project: Roenwolfe, Soulmass, ex-Vermiform

Tracklist:

01. Stargazer
02. Undying
03. In the Walls
04. The Tale of Deathface Ginny
05. Castles in the Snow
06. Kingslayer
07. The Faceless Hero
08. Neverending
09. Hollow
10. Awakened from Nothing
11. In the Walls (EP master) (Bonus Track)
12. Undying (EP master) (Bonus Track)
13. The Bloody Meadow (re-recording) (Bonus Track)
14. Stormborn (re-recording) (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Kingslayer" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 29 Dec 2021, 12:39

Seven Kingdoms - Empty Eyes (Limited Edition) (EP) (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Album:

SEVEN KINGDOMS has made a name for themselves in the Power Metal world. Handpicked by BLIND GUARDIAN to open for them on their 2012 tour, the Florida band has played with prominent acts such as QUEENSRYCHE, AVANTASIA, BEHEMOTH and HELLOWEEN, and has released four studio albums. They have albums lined up for release in 2020 and 2021, and after hearing the songs on this EP, I will be waiting for them.“Empty Eyes” opens with a pumped riff harmonizing electronic elements and traditional instrumentation. The vocalist has a beautiful voice. She reminds me of Simone Simmons from EPICA with her clear, sultry operatic style. In fact, the instrumentation reminds me a lot of the aforementioned Dutch Metal band. The instrumentation is also excellent: the crashing drums, the harmonies between the guitar riffs and synthesized melodies are some of my favorite elements.“Monster” heads right into the meat of the song with the vocals, guitar, bass and drums starting right after the song begins. The riff is more thrash-y than the last song and goes from speed to anthemic and back again through the song. The soprano-gravel juxtaposition in the chorus is well-utilized and the pounding drums pump through the song keeping you energized from beginning to end.“The Water Dance” begins with heavy Speed Metal elements, especially with the rushing bass and guitars. The crashing snare is a nice thematic touch, tying into water by sounding like crashing waves. I love how the singer soars through the chorus with echoing backups, giving us a bit of a break from the speed, but not letting up on the intensity. The choir in the guitar solo is amazing and a wonderful lead-in to the intricate guitar work.“Valonquar” begins slower with soft, high guitars and a mysterious air. When the first verse stops, I realize it’s their slow song. However, the arpeggio chord between the first and second verse was a notably great show of technique, as was the legato held note at the end of the first chorus. The fading ending is interesting but seems to cut the song off prematurely; I wouldn’t have minded if the song was longer, especially if they included a slow, melodic guitar solo and an intense final chorus.“Barracuda” is a cover of the famous HEART song. They include the iconic opening riff with a nice bite, and the vocalist is well-suited for the song. They don’t do much to change the song, which is just as well; changing it too much, as the changes may or may not work, and as I’ve said, the band is really well-suited to perform this song. The solo is biting, with a lot of energy and heaviness behind it. It’s a great cover; I recommend checking it out, and I imagine it would be a great staple in their lineup on tour.Overall, I’m excited to hear more from this band and as I’ve said, I’m looking forward to hearing more from them!

Line-Up:

Aaron Sluss - Bass

Tracklist:

01. Empty Eyes
02. Monster
03. The Water Dance
04. Valonqar
05. Barracuda (Cover)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "POWER Metal, SYMPHONIC Metal, OPERA Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 24 neregistrovaných