Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2014
Style : Progressive Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 175 mb

Bio:

Hailing from Jacksonville, Florida, Skyliner is a hurricane of any and all shades of traditional and power metal, with a progressive mind’s eye at the center of the storm. Built on a vicious DIY attitude, entirely self-made and contained, Skyliner has never compromised, either in evolving and perfecting their art since the first demo in 2005, or in delivering (literally) explosive live shows in metal-hostile territory, ever providing the local scene with a dose of healthy fear. In the compositions, Skyliner throws away the life jackets, providing an emotional punch to the gut centered around personal tragedy, victory, and spiritual exploration rather than latching onto the tried-and-true/tried-and-failed fantasy concepts often prevelant in metal descended from the traditional style. There won’t be any shelter found musically, either, as the band eschews the overproduced notion of modern metal and lets the raging riffs, fluid leads, deluge of bass, thundering drums/percussion, commanding vocals, and pulse of keyboards all flow equally together but seperate, forming a unique surge of power that never leaves out the blood, rain, sweat, or tears. In 2013, Skyliner signed a worldwide record deal with Limb Music Germany and will be releasing the full-length debut, ‘Outsiders’, mixed and mastered by Jamie King (Scale The Summit, Between The Buried And Me), in the first half of 2014.At its dark heart, Skyliner is a tide of discontent and a voyage to freedom, and the tempest has now arrived to devastate all islands of fraud. The waves are shifting. The condition - black. You’ve been warned.

Album:

To be in a band remotely related to the realms of Progressive and Power, is to be an immensely accomplished instrumentalist in your own right. However, it is all too easy for entire bands to be lost in the sea of generic driven mass, regardless of the title of 'progressive', swamped in unusual and atonal melodic progressions and multi-rhythmic drumming. Sometimes even the lyrics can become a drawl; who wants to hear about the same knight fighting the same dragon across 10 different bands? This is where Floridians SKYLINER come into play, ablaze with fresh ideologies, tried-and-true Power Metal establishments with Progressive embellishments, and very real lyrical philosophies.The intro track blew me away with its eerie soundscape and powerful vocal delivery, not unlike a cross between VOLBEAT's Michael Poulsen and ex-ICED EARTH vocalist Matthew Barlow. Pulling no punches is "Symphony in Black" delivering a speedy and uplifting cascade of riffs steeped in creative melodies. Jake delivers a unique vocal effort, sticking to an aggressive Heavy Metal approach with unusual, yet catchy inflections in his melodies. "Forever Young" is a powerful track that hits home with passages evolving in both speed and technicality, with abrupt crescendos marked by drastic blast-offs in tempo; an incredibly solid track with creative drumming and even more diverse vocal performances.I would devote a significant portion of my writing towards the epic "Worlds of Conflict", wherein the lads "pulled a DREAM THEATER" and wrote an enormous, 21-minute track. Rarely does one hear something of such epic proportions. Never stale, it seamlessly weaves in and out of passages of their own individuality that coalesce into powerful crescendos, or on the other hand may diverge into various sentient soundscapes. The bass work in this track is thoroughly impressive, going past a meat-and-potatoes approach to offer an astounding array of dynamics to add to a track that would ordinarily require a great amount of fleshing-out. I stress, this is not something you would chuck on to fit the mood. Absorb it, and embrace it.Individually, the tracks are excellent. The 21 minute monster is at a masterpiece level, I cannot get enough of it. If I had a single qualm it would be that each of the tracks are 'too' different from the next, that the album feels more like a collection of works as opposed to, well, an 'album'. But then, I could be wrong; I could be too used to listening to 2-hour, drawlish concept albums. It is my belief that the end product was their 100% intention. They have done this right.

Line-Up:

Jake Becker - Vocals, Guitar (2000-present)
Nathaniel Curtis - Bass, Backing Vocals (2013-present)
Ben 'The Ben' Brenner - Drums, Percussion (2000-present)

Tracklist:

01. Signals 02:56
02. Symphony In Black 07:07
03. Undying Wings 06:34
04. Forever Young 07:55
05. Aria Of The Waters 08:26
06. The Human Residue 07:36
07. Dawn Of The Dead 07:20
08. The Alchemist 06:57
09. Worlds Of Conflict 21:01

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Skyliner (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Feb 2022, 15:34

Skyliner - Condition Black (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Heavy Metal , Progressive Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Hailing from Jacksonville, Florida, Skyliner is a hurricane of any and all shades of traditional and power metal, with a progressive mind’s eye at the center of the storm. Built on a vicious DIY attitude, entirely self-made and contained, Skyliner has never compromised, either in evolving and perfecting their art since the first demo in 2005, or in delivering (literally) explosive live shows in metal-hostile territory, ever providing the local scene with a dose of healthy fear. In the compositions, Skyliner throws away the life jackets, providing an emotional punch to the gut centered around personal tragedy, victory, and spiritual exploration rather than latching onto the tried-and-true/tried-and-failed fantasy concepts often prevelant in metal descended from the traditional style. There won’t be any shelter found musically, either, as the band eschews the overproduced notion of modern metal and lets the raging riffs, fluid leads, deluge of bass, thundering drums/percussion, commanding vocals, and pulse of keyboards all flow equally together but seperate, forming a unique surge of power that never leaves out the blood, rain, sweat, or tears. In 2013, Skyliner signed a worldwide record deal with Limb Music Germany and will be releasing the full-length debut, ‘Outsiders’, mixed and mastered by Jamie King (Scale The Summit, Between The Buried And Me), in the first half of 2014.At its dark heart, Skyliner is a tide of discontent and a voyage to freedom, and the tempest has now arrived to devastate all islands of fraud. The waves are shifting. The condition - black. You’ve been warned.

Album:

Some artists really put the pressure on themselves when it comes to delivering a second album, having made a really good one the first time around. This is exactly the situation that US power metal act Skyliner find themselves in with their second full-length, Condition Black (2016). Their debut Outsiders (2014) was an absolutely stunning release, the then four-piece band blowing me away by producing not only a work of high quality but also one that offered up a sound of its own, a major accomplishment for a power metal band. Since it's release Skyliner has had some line-up changes in its ranks starting with a bassist swap from David Lee Redding to Nathaniel Curtis. More notably though they've cut their line-up down to a trio due to the exit of keyboardist Ashley Flynn who hasn't been replaced.You know that saying about not missing something until after its gone? Well that's exactly the feeling I have about the keyboards in Skyliner's music. They were such an unassuming presence on Outsiders so it's surprising just how much their absence has affected the tone of their music. Other elements of the band's sound are familiar such as frontman Jake Becker's guitar and voice (though he does turn to growls a little more often on this one), but the lack of keyboards makes the whole thing come across as grittier and stripped back, though it still stands out even within the USPM scene. I expect some listeners may like that but for my part I do miss the extra layer the keyboards added. They weren't used in a typical way going by the usual power metal standards and my impression is that Condition Black is just that bit less unique due to their loss.That may go some way to explain why Condition Black has felt so underwhelming during my early listens to it, due to already being familiar with Outsiders. It actually feels as if out of their two albums Condition Black ought to be the debut and Outsiders the follow-up, not the other way around. If they had come that way Outsiders would have seemed like a great expansion on what was started on Condition Black, but having come first it makes Condition Black seem much lesser than it actually is. Because it is a decent follow-up, though more of a grower than Outsiders, which even now I do think displayed a bit more energy than Skyliner are mustering up here. Some songs like the early title track Condition Black and No World Order prove themselves early highlights, but others such as Cages We Create and As Above, So Below (Those Who From Heaven to Earth Came) didn't click for several spins. In fact that latter has always stood out more due to how similar it's opening riff is to Foo Fighter's 2002 hit All My Life. It's not the same tone, but the rhythm is there, to the point that I expect Dave Grohl to start singing the opening line at any moment.Jake Becker's guitar work is again pretty damn good, still with instances where it sounds like Skyliner wants to make technical power metal a thing, and his voice fits the tone of the material well. I know that some listeners of Outsiders singled out his voice as a weak link in the band but I never agreed with that opinion. Not on the debut or on Condition Black either. Stick a very melodic Euro style power metal vocalist on this album and it definitely wouldn't work and I'm not convinced a typical high register USPM singer would either. But Jake Becker's clean yet edgy vocals do. I'm less sold on his use of growling. He is a decent growler, deep and powerful in his delivery and in all fairness does sound as if he could carry a death metal record without problem, but well, this is a power metal record, so the growls do feel unnecessary. Fortunately he mostly uses them in quick bursts so they don't dominate the music too much, the exception being The Morbid Architect (That Prison of Veils) which is the most growl heavy track I've heard from Skyliner so far. It's pretty much a semi-technical death metal track rather than a power metal track.When all is said and done once it's had the time to fully open up Condition Black is a solid second release from Skyliner. A step down from the debut perhaps and there are definitely some aspects that I wish Skyliner hadn't dropped, but overall I do find it satisfying. I'd even go so far as to call it a power metal highlight of 2016 as I haven't come across many standouts yet apart from Eternity's End. It's just not the gem I was hoping for.

Line-Up:

Ben 'The Ben' Brenner Drums, Percussion (2000-present)
Jake Becker Vocals, Guitars (2000-present)
Nathaniel Curtis Bass, Vocals (backing) (2013-present)

Tracklist:

01. Tidal
02. Condition Black
03. Too Many Voices
04. No World Order
05. Cages We Create
06. Starseeker (The Mystery Of God)
07. Interlude: The Firmament
08. As Above, So Below (Those Who From Heaven To Earth Came)
09. Interlude: The Dance Of Bliss
10. The Morbid Architect (That Prison Of Veils)
11. Your Hand In Mine
12. Vendetta (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Skyliner (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Feb 2022, 15:35

Skyliner - Dark Rivers, White Thunder (2021)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2021
Style : Progressive Power Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Album:

From the start, SKYLINER has always infused their unique blend of melodic, metallic heavy metal with a certain spiritual longing, esoteric insight, and raw sense of personal catharsis. On “Dark Rivers, White Thunder”, the band dives deep, exploring some more earthy, tribal themes and underpinnings, both lyrically and musically, helping to define the feel and atmosphere of the record. From speed-demon workouts like the title track, the crushing grooves of “Bleed”, or the dynamic atmospheres of “Winter Witch Moon”, “Dark Rivers, White Thunder” is the ultimate culmination of every kilometer yet claimed among those currents less-traveled.

Line-Up:

Jake Becker - Vocals, Guitars (2000-present)
Ben 'The Ben' Brenner - Drums, Percussion (2000-present)
Stuart Brinkman - Bass, backing vocals (2017-present)

production:

All lyrics & music by Starseeker
Recorded at Stay Tuned Studios and Alchemic Visions HQ
Mixed and mastered for high dynamics by Jamie King at Jamie King

Tracklist:

01. Break the Surface 02:50
02. Dark Rivers, White Thunder 04:07
03. The Ghost Messenger 01:22
04. God with No Heaven 04:53
05. Catch a Dream 04:48
06. The Singing Shaman (Fire Stomp) 02:10
07. Winter Witch Moon (Spell of Ice) 04:25
08. We of the Shadows 06:13
09. Bleed 05:35
10. Night Gypsies 05:43
11. I Walk Alone

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "POWER Metal, SYMPHONIC Metal, OPERA Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 13 neregistrovaných