Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Chastain (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2023, 06:44

Chastain - Mystery Of Illusion (1985) (Divebomb Records Edition 2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1985 (Divebomb Records Edition 2020)
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Chastain is a Power/heavy metal project formed in 1984 by guitarist David T. Chastain.The band was put together in 1984 by Mike Varney, president of Shrapnel Records for a David T. Chastain solo album. Varney had noticed the shred guitar ability of Chastain, member of the Cincinnati-based band CJSS and, at the same time, he wanted to create an output for the talent of young singer Leather Leone, formerly with the San Francisco band Rude Girl.The first band line-up included Leone, Chastain, CJSS bassist Mike Skimmerhorn and drummer Fred Coury, who would later play in Cinderella. In 1986, Chastain readily declared that "I could never work with these people on a full-time basis because they live all over the country (...). We just get together once a year, record an album and then go off and do our own things".In the case of Chastain, he wrote music for CJSS and his solo albums, as well as producing other artists and managing his own record label.Their debut album Mystery of Illusion was released worldwide in 1985, followed by Ruler of the Wasteland (1986) and The 7th of Never (1987). Drummer Ken Mary (Fifth Angel, TKO) replaced Coury from 1986 to 1988. The fourth album The Voice of the Cult was released in 1988. On 1990's For Those Who Dare, new virtuoso bass player David Harbour replaced Skimmerhorn and drummer John Luke Hebert replaced Mary, who went to play for Alice Cooper. Having put on hiatus CJSS to favour the more commercially successful Chastain, the band became also David T. Chastain main touring occupation, with a succession of world tours until 1991.After some years of quiescence, when David T. Chastain dedicated his time to other solo projects, in 1995 appeared Sick Society and in 1997 In Dementia, which were recorded with a new cast: Kate French on vocals, Kevin Kekes on bass and former Trouble member Dennis Lesh on drums.Until the appearance of the 2004 album, In an Outrage the band disappeared again. The line-up for this album, in addition to David Chastain and singer Kate French, saw also her husband, Larry Howe and Dave Starr (both ex-Vicious Rumors) on board.

Album:

I remember the day I saw the advertisement of Shrapnel Records in one of the first magazines of the German Metal Hammer. Trauma: Scratch and Scream! Hexx: No Escape! Griffin: Flight of the Griffin! And last but not least: Chastain: Mystery of Illusion! I suddenly realized that this was an outstanding moment in my metal fan existence – four power/speed metal albums in one swoop. Four! Four! What an almost surreal number back in 1984. Okay, today we get four new interesting metal albums every hour, but this was quite different almost 40 years ago. The only problem was: these distant jewels were not licensed in Germany and to buy imports was a very expensive business for a pupil like me who was chronically short of cash.Well, today all these albums have found their way to my metal buddy and me and Chastain’s debut sounds still fresh, honest and, sorry for that, slightly narcissistic every now and then. It was the time of guitar heroes and David was obviously a fan of his own solos. Apart from the soft beginning, his (surely virtuoso) guitar solo is the rather average part of “I Fear No Evil”, an actually strong track. Due to its straight and direct design, it hits the bull’s eye. But after all, it’s not David who gives the album its most characteristic feature. This is, of course, Leather’s ingenious voice. She was and still is the best female voice in metal. She sounds powerful, but still like a woman and not like a man or a dog with sore throat (greetings to Holy Moses in this context). Moreover, leather does every song justice, her vocals are flexible and they reinforce the individual atmosphere of each and every tune.38 years after its first release, “Mystery of Illusion” is a document of an early, original kind of power metal with some speed metal ingredients. Some galloping guitars show up, some uptempo parts increase the dynamic. Chastain writes in the line notes that the musicians were heavily influenced by Dio and Sabbath, but when listening to the record, it gets quickly clear that they were able to transform their inspirations into something of their own. The material has a profound heaviness, it avoids an overly radio-friendly number and stands on its own feet. Additionally, the production puts all instruments and, of course, Leather’s contribution into the right light. Given these facts, it’s no surprise that the debut has withstood the test of time, even though it does not hold the best songs of the band, at least in my humble opinion. Especially “The Black Knight”, the opener that Chastain calls the “hit” of the album, kicks off the album in a rather ordinary way.Anyway, there are no real downers as well and the four-piece masters the balladic sequences as well as the heavy parts. For those who do not know the material so far, I recommend to lend an ear to the representative title track with its emotional beginning, the typical Chastain riffing, the surprisingly present bass guitar, the well designed chorus and naturally Leather's brilliance. The more I listen to this track or the speedy "I've Seen Tomorrow", the more I think it’s time for a little Shrapnel Records retro session.

Line Up:

Leather Leone - Vocals (ex-Leather, ex-Sledge Leather, Leather Leone, ex-Malibu Barbi, ex-Rude Girl)
David T. Chastain - Guitars (CJSS, David T. Chastain, ex-Counterpoint, ex-Spike, ex-Zanister, ex-Michael Harris)
Mike Skimmerhorn - Bass (CJSS, ex-Spike, ex-Animal)
Fred Coury - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Black Knight 03:21
02. When the Battle's Over 03:42
03. Mystery of Illusion 04:31
04. I've Seen Tomorrow 03:01
05. Endlessly 03:25
06. I Fear No Evil 04:37
07. Night of the Gods 05:09
08. We Shall Overcome 03:53
09. The Winds of Change 05:17
10. Mystery of Illusion (demo version) 04:32 (Bonus Track)
11. The Winds of Change (demo version) 05:14 (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Chastain (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2023, 06:45

Chastain - Surrender To No One (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal
Size : 126 mb

Bio:

Chastain is a Power/heavy metal project formed in 1984 by guitarist David T. Chastain.The band was put together in 1984 by Mike Varney, president of Shrapnel Records for a David T. Chastain solo album. Varney had noticed the shred guitar ability of Chastain, member of the Cincinnati-based band CJSS and, at the same time, he wanted to create an output for the talent of young singer Leather Leone, formerly with the San Francisco band Rude Girl.The first band line-up included Leone, Chastain, CJSS bassist Mike Skimmerhorn and drummer Fred Coury, who would later play in Cinderella. In 1986, Chastain readily declared that "I could never work with these people on a full-time basis because they live all over the country (...). We just get together once a year, record an album and then go off and do our own things".In the case of Chastain, he wrote music for CJSS and his solo albums, as well as producing other artists and managing his own record label.Their debut album Mystery of Illusion was released worldwide in 1985, followed by Ruler of the Wasteland (1986) and The 7th of Never (1987). Drummer Ken Mary (Fifth Angel, TKO) replaced Coury from 1986 to 1988. The fourth album The Voice of the Cult was released in 1988. On 1990's For Those Who Dare, new virtuoso bass player David Harbour replaced Skimmerhorn and drummer John Luke Hebert replaced Mary, who went to play for Alice Cooper. Having put on hiatus CJSS to favour the more commercially successful Chastain, the band became also David T. Chastain main touring occupation, with a succession of world tours until 1991.After some years of quiescence, when David T. Chastain dedicated his time to other solo projects, in 1995 appeared Sick Society and in 1997 In Dementia, which were recorded with a new cast: Kate French on vocals, Kevin Kekes on bass and former Trouble member Dennis Lesh on drums.Until the appearance of the 2004 album, In an Outrage the band disappeared again. The line-up for this album, in addition to David Chastain and singer Kate French, saw also her husband, Larry Howe and Dave Starr (both ex-Vicious Rumors) on board.

Album:

I was literally buzzing with excitement when I heard that Ohio’s Chastain (the brainchild of guitar wizard David T. Chastain) were reforming, and once again featuring original members Leather Leone on vocals and bassist Mike Skimmerhorn, with additional drummer Stian Kristoffersen.I have to admit that Chastain’s debut opus, 1985’s Mystery Of Illusion, is one of my favourite metal records of all time, made all the more oaken by its cover art. Chastain somehow managed to hit the metal nail of the head with his style – never once becoming archetypal or predictable despite the tales of swords and sorcery.Surrender To No One is an 11-track platter which once again showcases the remarkable talents of Leather Leone, with this being her first venture alongside Chastain since 1990’s For Those Who Dare. Kate French had done more than an adequate job of filling Leather’s boots but Leone’s style which graced our ears during those early albums embedded itself into my soul. And so now the trio are back, wielding axes, stoking fires and summoning demons, and as soon as ‘Stand And Fight’ comes slithering into the room we know we’re in for another fantastic ride.Leone is slightly gruffer, as you would expect after all those years of wailing like a banshee, but her gravelly rasp is perfect company for those blazing riffs and some really potent drumming from Kristofferson who plays like a man possessed. ‘Stand and Fight’ is the perfect anthem as the band rises from its tomb to view the light and take in the world around them, and it doesn’t take long to dust itself off as a track and then gallop headlong into those ill-lit woodlands. Then we are engulfed by the flames of ‘Call Of The Wild’, another pounding composition featuring Leather’s most lethal vocal performance and again those battering ram drums.Chastain has clearly seen this reunion as more than a flash in the pan, as the band are tighter and heavier than ever, and this is none more evident than on ‘Evil Awaits Us’ with its hypnotic introductory solo and that bombastic drum sound which is reinforced by Skimmerhorn’s volatile bass. Leather sneers and rasps like a dervish, her bewitching tones giving a majority of male vocalists a run for their money as she barks anthem after anthem, and coming into her own on the menacing plod of ‘I Am Sin’ and the ferocious judder of ‘Deep Down In The Darkness’.To say that David T. Chastain and company have returned with a bang is an understatement, but now the fires are raging again I see no reason for these flames to not grow higher and higher as the likes of the pacey ‘Freedom Within’ and simmering ‘Bleed Through Me’ fan those orange embers like the wings of some vast dragon, rising from the darkness to spread its fiery word.Very much a statement of intent, Surrender To No One is a heavy metal slab that has made a huge impact on this listener.

Line Up:

Leather Leone - Vocals (1984-1992, 2013-present) - see also: Sledge Leather, ex-Leather, ex-Malibu Barbi, ex-Rude Girl
Mike Skimmerhorn - Bass (1984-1989, 2013-present) - See also: ex-CJSS, ex-Spike
David T. Chastain - Guitars (1984-present) - See also: David T. Chastain, Zanister, ex-CJSS, ex-David T. Chastain / Michael Harris, ex-Spike, ex-Michael Harris
Stian Kristoffersen - Drums - See also: Pagan's Mind, Trivial Act, ex-Kinrick, ex-Dimension F3H, ex-Firewind, ex-Jorn, ex-Silverspoon

Production:

Produced: David T. Chastain
Mixed: Christian Schmid at The Music Factory, Waltenhofen, Germany
Guitars, Bass, Keyboards & Vocals recorded at Leviathan Studios, Atlanta, GA
Drums recorded at Pagan Hill Studio, Skien, Norway
Graphic Design and Photos: Steven Taylor
Cover Art: Eric Massaro

Tracklist:

01. Stand and Fight 04:53
02. Call of the Wild 05:00
03. Deep Down 06:07
04. Freedom Within 04:11
05. I Am Sin 04:39
06. Rise Up 04:05
07. Evil Awaits Us 04:30
08. Fear My Wrath 04:35
09. Save Me Tonight 04:45
10. Surrender 05:49
11. Bleed Through 05:17

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2023, 06:45

Chastain - We Bleed Metal (2015)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2015
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

Album:

The new CHASTAIN album "We Bleed Metal" will be released worldwide on November 6. It will be made available on CD and vinyl as well as all digital formats. Guitarist David T. Chastain states: "This is a continuation of the 'Surrender To No One' sound with, hopefully, some improvements all the way around. [Singer] Leather [Leone] has never sounded better and I believe this is my most shredtastic CHASTAIN lead guitar playing since 'The 7th Of Never' era." Drummer Stian Kristoffersen (PAGAN'S MIND) and bassist Mike Skimmerhorn return once again to complete the lineup.The CHASTAIN albums "Surrender To No One" and "We Bleed Metal" will be released in vinyl format later in the year on Pure Steel Records.The CHASTAIN classic albums "The 7th Of Never" and "The Voice Of The Cult" were recently reissued on CD by Divebomb/Tribunal Records. These reissues were nicely redone with new mastering, packaging, interviews, old reviews and more.The "uncut" version of CHASTAIN's comeback album, "Surrender To No One", was made available on digital format on Leviathan worldwide.The Leather-fronted version of CHASTAIN recorded five CDs in the mid-to-late 1980s: 1985's "Mystery Of Illusion", 1986's "Ruler Of The Wasteland", 1987's "The 7th Of Never", 1988's "The Voice Of The Cult" and 1990's "For Those Who Dare". After the "For Those Who Dare" tour, David and Leather amicably went their separate ways but kept in touch over the years before reuniting in 2013.Leather in 2012 released the debut album from her SLEDGE LEATHER project, "Imagine Me Alive". The CD was inspired in 2010 when Leather called Sandy Sledge to collaborate on the Ronnie James Dio track "Egypt" for a demo tribute recording. Due to the overwhelming response for more material, SLEDGE LEATHER was born and performed at Germany's Keep It True festival in April 2011.

Line Up:

Leather Leone - Vocals (1984-1992, 2013-present) - See also: Sledge Leather, ex-Leather, ex-Malibu Barbi, ex-Rude Girl
David T. Chastain - Guitars (1984-present) - See also: David T. Chastain, Zanister, ex-CJSS, ex-David T. Chastain / Michael Harris, ex-Spike, ex-Michael Harris
Mike Skimmerhorn - Bass (1984-1989, 2013-present) - See also: ex-CJSS, ex-Spike, ex-Animal
Stian Kristoffersen - Drums - See also: Pagan's Mind, Trivial Act, ex-Kinrick, ex-Dimension F3H, ex-Jorn, ex-Firewind, ex-Silverspoon

Tracklist:

01. We Bleed Metal
02. All Hail The King
03. Against All The Gods
04. Search Time For You
05. Don't Trust Tomorrow
06. I Am A Warrior
07. Evolution Of Terror
08. Last Ones Alive
09. Secrets

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2023, 06:49

Chastain - Chastainium (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 165 mb

Bio:

Album:

The new CHASTAIN album "We Bleed Metal" will be released worldwide on November 6. It will be made available on CD and vinyl as well as all digital formats. Guitarist David T. Chastain states: "This is a continuation of the 'Surrender To No One' sound with, hopefully, some improvements all the way around. [Singer] Leather [Leone] has never sounded better and I believe this is my most shredtastic CHASTAIN lead guitar playing since 'The 7th Of Never' era." Drummer Stian Kristoffersen (PAGAN'S MIND) and bassist Mike Skimmerhorn return once again to complete the lineup.The CHASTAIN albums "Surrender To No One" and "We Bleed Metal" will be released in vinyl format later in the year on Pure Steel Records.The CHASTAIN classic albums "The 7th Of Never" and "The Voice Of The Cult" were recently reissued on CD by Divebomb/Tribunal Records. These reissues were nicely redone with new mastering, packaging, interviews, old reviews and more.The "uncut" version of CHASTAIN's comeback album, "Surrender To No One", was made available on digital format on Leviathan worldwide.The Leather-fronted version of CHASTAIN recorded five CDs in the mid-to-late 1980s: 1985's "Mystery Of Illusion", 1986's "Ruler Of The Wasteland", 1987's "The 7th Of Never", 1988's "The Voice Of The Cult" and 1990's "For Those Who Dare". After the "For Those Who Dare" tour, David and Leather amicably went their separate ways but kept in touch over the years before reuniting in 2013.Leather in 2012 released the debut album from her SLEDGE LEATHER project, "Imagine Me Alive". The CD was inspired in 2010 when Leather called Sandy Sledge to collaborate on the Ronnie James Dio track "Egypt" for a demo tribute recording. Due to the overwhelming response for more material, SLEDGE LEATHER was born and performed at Germany's Keep It True festival in April 2011.

Line Up:

Leather Leone - Vocals (1984-1992, 2013-present) - See also: Sledge Leather, ex-Leather, ex-Malibu Barbi, ex-Rude Girl
Mike Skimmerhorn - Bass (1984-1989, 2013-present) - See also: ex-CJSS, ex-Spike, ex-Animal
Stian Kristoffersen - Drums - See also: Pagan's Mind, Trivial Act, ex-Kinrick, ex-Dimension F3H, ex-Jorn, ex-Firewind, ex-Silverspoon

Tracklist:

01. We Must Carry On
02. The 7th Of Never
03. The Voice Of The Cult
04. Chains Of Love
05. For Those Who Dare
06. Night Of Anger
07. Love And Hate
08. Angel Falls
09. Human Sacrifice
10. Desperately
11. Bullet From A Gun
12. Tortured Love
13. Evil Awaits Us (Uncut)
14. Call Of The Wild (Uncut)
15. We Bleed Metal (V2017)
16. Against All The Gods (V2017)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2023, 06:50

Chastain - We Bleed Metal 17 (2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2017
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 103 mb

Bio:

Album:

CHASTAIN is a band with staying power, with an impressive career spanning more than 30 years. “We Bleed Metal 17” is a rearranged version of the 2015 version of the album. The band is the brainchild of guitarist David T. Chastain. Leather Leone is definitely one of the most distinctive elements of the band. I’d recognise her semi-growl anywhere. Her clean notes soar, and she has good sustain. I particularly liked her performance on “Against All the Odds”, “Warrior” and “Search Time”. One of the most memorable choruses on the album belongs to “All Hail”, which is a great old-school anthem. The latter was definitely one of my highlights of the album, with solid performances from Mike Skimmerhorn on bass and Stian Kristoffersen on drums. David T. Chastain soars into the stratosphere on this track, with cool 80s-style effects and nimble soloing.The title track is a fun, “meta metal” sort of track. Sometimes metal tracks about metal can be cheesy, but for me this meta number was a fun celebration of heavy metal, with a chorus that begs one to sing along. I mentioned Leone’s great vocal performance on “Warrior” earlier; I want to mention the notable guitar work as well. The riffs add to the story of the warrior fighting on through many struggles, and I really enjoyed Chastain’s lead work on this track. The rhythm guitar parts are also enjoyable. There were moments on the album where the music teetered on the edge of relying too heavily on Chastain’s impressive solos to carry the songs, but overall things held together. The mix is quite loud, but there didn’t seem to be compression of any of the parts.The album ends with a slower epic in the form of “Search Time”, with Leone showing displaying impressive clean notes. Kristoffersen provides some interesting fills, which keep things ticking along nicely. Chastain’s electrifying solo fades out the coda – I almost wished that the solo wasn’t at the end, but at the same time it’s a fantastic way to end “We Bleed Metal 17”.CHASTAIN’s sound is old-school, yet timeless. In my humble opinion, their sound isn’t dated. Those with a nostalgia for the classic metal sound, as well as new CHASTAIN fans will find what they’re looking for with “We Bleed Metal 17”.

Line Up:

Leather Leone - Vocals (ex-Leather, ex-Sledge Leather, Leather Leone, ex-Malibu Barbi, ex-Rude Girl)
Mike Skimmerhorn - Bass (CJSS, ex-Spike, ex-Animal)
David T. Chastain - Guitars (CJSS, David T. Chastain, ex-Counterpoint, ex-Spike, ex-Zanister, ex-Michael Harris)
Stian Kristoffersen - Drums (Pagan's Mind, Trivial Act, ex-Kinrick, ex-Dimension F3H, ex-Firewind, ex-Jorn, ex-Silverspoon)

Tracklist:

01. I Live For Today (Re-recorded)
02. Against All The Odds (Re-recorded)
03. All Hail (Re-recorded)
04. Secrets Creeping (Re-recorded)
05. Last Ones (Re-recorded)
06. We Bleed Metal 17 (Re-recorded)
07. Warrior (Re-recorded)
08. Bid Your Farewells (Re-recorded)
09. Search Time (Re-recorded)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 24 Feb 2023, 06:51

Chastain - The Reign Of Leather II (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023 (Compilation)
Style : Heavy Metal , Power Metal , Female vocals
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 111 mb

Bio:

Album:

This collection of Chastain tracks features all of the songs the legendary vocalist Leather had a hand in writing during her glory days.As hard as it is to believe, Leather last appeared on a new Chastain recording 20 years ago and has not recorded any new music since that time. Despite that fact, her reputation lives on. Leather had but a brief 5 year stint in the classic band but recorded some timeless gems that have withstood the test of time. True metal fans consider Leather the preeminent female heavy metal vocalist of the late 80s. These tracks were recently digitally remastered to bring them up to today's sound quality.

Line Up:

Leather Leone Vocals (1984-1992, 2013-present) - See also: Leather, ex-Sledge Leather, Leather Leone, ex-Malibu Barbi, ex-Rude Girl
Mike Skimmerhorn Bass (1984-1989, 2013-present) - See also: ex-Avarice, ex-Spike, ex-CJSS, The Mighty Swine, ex-Animal, ex-Black Bone Cat, ex-The Cincinnati Improvisational Group
David T. Chastain Guitars (1984-present) - See also: David T. Chastain, ex-Counterpoint, ex-Shelton Chastain, ex-Spike, ex-Zanister, ex-CJSS, Southern Gentlemen, ex-Georgia Blues Dawgs, ex-Ruud Cooty, ex-The Cincinnati Improvisational Group
Stian Kristoffersen Drums (2013-present) - See also: Pagan's Mind, Trivial Act, ex-Kinrick, ex-Dimension F3H, ex-Firewind, ex-Jorn, ex-Silverspoon

Tracklist:

01. The Wicked Are Restless (Alternate Version) (04:57)
02. Share Yourself with Me (03:50)
03. Soldiers of the Flame (03:10)
04. Not Much Breathing (04:00)
05. I Am the Rain (03:31)
06. The Mountain Whispers (04:24)
07. Once Before (06:16)
08. I Am Sin (04:35)
09. Bleed Through Me (Alternate Version) (03:56)
10. Secrets (05:59)
11. Catastrophic Heaven (Live) (03:14)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 18 neregistrovaných