Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Lady Killer (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Aug 2021, 13:40

Lady Killer - Lady Killer (1983) (Heaven And Hell Records Limited Edition 2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1983 (Heaven And Hell Records Limited Edition 2017)
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 151 mb

Bio:

LADY KILLER was formed in 1981 in New York, N.Y. with guitarists Joey D’Imperio and Jeff Stewart, vocalist K.K. Burns, bassist Terry Brennan, and drummer Frank Rajki. The group would quickly become a familiar sight on the local New York circuit leading to the release of their self-titled debut in 1983. The following year the group would return to the studio to record their follow that would be shelved and never see a release.

Album:

Mastered from the original tapes.First 100 copies come with Lady Killer album art magnet.Tracks 10-14 are previously unreleased.A lost treasure in metal history, Lady Killer’s self-titled debut (and unfortunately their only release) proves that the fantastic cover art by Joe Jusko is not the only thing you’ll be drooling over after you finish listening to this album. It’s one of those rare cases where you dig this up from some long forgotten corner, glance at the cover and immediately know what you’re about to sign up for: charming, cheesy, fun and simple heavy metal. The review is based on the 2017 CD reissue by Heaven & Hell Records, where they remastered the sound based on the original tapes; in the end we wind up with a slightly cleaner production (compared to the original LP), all the while managing to preserve the raw elements one would expect from a 1983 release which, in my opinion, is part of the charm of such albums, Lady Killer’s s/t included.Now, I used the word “simple” previously, and while it is true that there is little complexity/mind-blowing material in this release, both lyrically (the vast majority of the songs featuring your run-of-the-mill themes about women and sex, with the notable exception of “Go Ahead And Laugh”) and musically, this simplicity is exquisitely executed by the very talented members of the band. Joey D’Imperio and Jeff Stewart’s shredding-fast guitars (notable examples being the incredible riff at the beginning of “Breaking Away”, the memorable main riff of “Another Shot In The Dark” and of course the middle section of “Lightning Strikes Twice” that just catches you by surprise), complemented by the steady and precise drumming of Frank Rajki, Terry Brennan’s powerful bass and K.K. Burns’ catchy vocals all ensure that there is never one boring moment throughout the duration of the album. The addictive sound and atmosphere created by Lady Killer in this album is similar in style to bands like Raven, Anvil, Riot and other prominent names from the early days of metal; so, you have the cheesy lyrics about women and sexual themes, combine them with the speed, power and overall heavy instrumentals from the bands mentioned, and you get Lady Killer’s s/t.Finally, I must devote a small paragraph to the bonus tracks (10 - 14, meant for a follow-up album), which feature the amazing operatic vocals by Joe Zettle. The man has quite the pipes, consistently reaching high, pleasant-to-the-ear notes, and it shows right from the beginning kicking off with the mid-tempo “Seducer” and ending in the ballad-like “In the Line of Fire”. While the bonus tracks differ a bit from the the previous part of the album (in the fact that they're sometimes a bit slower), the Lady Killer personality is still very present and the songs are just as charming.The band was clearly having a lot of fun recording this album, and this feeling is passed on to the listener. The first time I listened to this record I didn’t think it’d stick, but I kept coming back and back for more, which is a testament to how much of an entertaining listen it actually is. If you enjoy the traditional side of metal, it’s impossible not to give in to Lady Killer’s charms and headbang start to finish.

Line-Up:

K. K. Burns - Vocals
Terry "Lid" Brennan - Bass
Frank Rajki - Drums
Joey D'Imperio - Guitars
Jeff Stewart - Guitars

production:

Originally recorded in August 1982
Produced by: JD Imperio
Co-Produced by: J. Stewart, KK Burns
Recorded and Mixed at The Ranch in NYC
Mastered at Frankford Wayne Mastering Labs NYC
Engineered by: Dark “Godzilla” Ruffo
Assistant Engineer: Matt “Hotshot” Susshind
Cover art & concept by Joe Jusko
2017 executive producers J. Golden & G. Shaffer
Re-mastered by Jamie King at The Basement Studio NC
in Winston Salem, Nc

Tracklist:

01. Lightning Strikes Twice 03:27
02. You've Got Me Runnin' 02:17
03. Outta My Way 05:40
04. Last Chance Tonight 04:50
05. Go Ahead and Laugh 04:07
06. Breaking Away 02:43
07. Another Shot in the Dark 03:53
08. Waste No Time 04:46
09. Lady Killer 05:58
10. Seducer 03:32 (Bonus Track)
11. Rock You Hard 02:56 (Bonus Track)
12. Turn It Up 02:53 (Bonus Track)
13. Bent Over Backwards 04:11 (Bonus Track)
14. In the Line of Fire 05:46 (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných