Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Them (USA/GER)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Jún 2021, 10:30

Them - Sweet Hollow (2016) (Japan Edition 2017)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 2016 (Japan Edition 2017)
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 103 mb

Bio:

Originally formed in 2008 by vocalist Troy as a King Diamond tribute band, performing for three and a half years with over 20 shows including performances with Mike Wead and Hal Patino from King Diamond. After returning from several other projects, Troy started to create a concept idea in 2014 and moulded a story, band, album and show around it.

Album:

If you think that it's a coincidence that the this band's name is the one King Diamond has chose years and years ago for one of his masterpieces, than I can tell you that you're wrong. "Sweet Hallow", the name of Them's debut, is the best King Diamond album the King never did, at least for soem tracks.But lets' start from the beginning. Them was started in 2008 by singer Troy Norr who some of you might know from Coldsteel. In the beginning Them wasn't more than a King Diamond tribute band for many years, including Mike Wead and Hal Patino. In 2014 Troy started to make things more tangible by working on a storyline, a band and an album. The guy found some well-known allies for Them. Mike LePond from Symphony X is on bass, Kevin Talley (Suffocation) is playing drums on the album, Markus Ulrich (Lanfear) and Markus Johansson are responsible for the six string guitar while Richie Seibel from Lanfear is on keyboards.These guys recorded nine songs plus an intro that are in big parts inspired by King Diamond. The vocals, the guitar lines, the entire sound - all reminds more than once of the mighty Dane with the falsetto vocals.A cold breeze and some more creepy samples mark the beginning of the album. It's an intro called "Rebirth" that leads to the first real song named "Forever Burns". The furious guitars include some of the typical Kind Diamond harmonies and as soon as Norr joins you have to check the cover twice. Fortunately the album has more to offer than just being a kind of tribute disc.A tune that's a bit diefferent is called "Ghost of the Graveyard". This number has some more individuality since the vocals are more moderate and the track itself is kept slower and melodic. Still the vibe stays present and acts as a kind of link that keeps all the tracks together."The Quiet Room" acts as a kind of piano-based intermezzo before "Dead of Night", with its more than six minutes, takes over. The track is melodic and slower than some of the other stuff on the album. The fact that Norr goes without high pitches makes the track to a riff-based hardrocker that stands out from the rest."FestEvil" is a bit breathless before "The Crimson Corpse" brings back the good old "Them"-days that are merged with a true power metal riffing that reimnds of Iced Earth. It's an interesting track that shows the potential of Them. Or in case your looking for some Nevermore references you can listen to the closer "The Harrowing Path to Hollow".What to say as a sum up. For me, Them is neither a copycat nor a tribute. It is inspired by the King but it has enough own identity which makes it to an exciting longplayer that cherishs heavy metal and power metal, all embedded in a gloomy storyline. "Sweet Hallow" is entertaining and is done very well.

Line Up:

Kevin Talley Drums - See also: Castrofate, Feared, Grot, Nothnegal, Sylencer, The Art of Hate, Dååth, ex-Horror of Horrors, ex-Consumned, ex-Decrepit Birth, ex-Dying Fetus, ex-Implore, ex-Misery Index, ex-Six Feet Under, ex-Suffocation, ex-Throes, ex-WretchedPain, ex-Absence of the Sacred (live), ex-Battlecross (live), ex-Cattle Decapitation (live), ex-DevilDriver (live), ex-Hate Eternal (live), ex-M.O.D. (live), ex-The Black Dahlia Murder (live), ex-The Red Chord (live), ex-Chimaira, ex-Worlds Divide, ex-All the Way to the Bank, ex-Throes (live)

Richie Seibel Keyboards - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Ivanhoe, Lanfear, ex-Charisma, ex-Ivorie

Troy Norr Vocals (2008-2011, 2014-present) - See also: Coldsteel

Markus Ullrich Guitars (2014-present) - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Lanfear, Septagon

Mike LePond Bass (2015-present) - See also: Affector, Elegacy, Fatal Array, Heathen's Rage, Holy Force, Mike LePond's Silent Assassins, Rivera/Bomma, Stygia, Symphony X, Waken Eyes, Distant Thunder, ex-Brute Force, Ango Tasso's Air Force, Mike Bino Project, Universal Mind Project, ex-Ashenveil, ex-MindMaze, ex-Painmuseum, ex-Seven Witches, ex-Sleepy Hollow, ex-Helstar (live), ex-Operatika Element (live), ex-Malakis Reign, ex-Rattlebone

Markus Johansson Guitars (2015-present) - See also: 4Arm, Sylencer, Knapp / Johansson, ex-Malaki (live)

Tracklist:

01. Rebirth
02. Forever Burns
03. Down The Road To Misery
04. Ghost In The Graveyard
05. The Quiet Room
06. Dead Of Night
07. Festevil
08. The Crimson Corpse
09. Blood From Blood
10. The Harrowing Path To Hollow
11. Salve (Instrumental)
12. When The Clock Struck Twelve
13. Rebirth (Alternate Version) (Bonus Track)
14. Forever Burns (Demo Version) (Bonus Track)
15. Dead Of Night (Demo Version) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Them (USA/GER)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Jún 2021, 10:30

Them - Manor Of The Se7en Gables (Digipak Edition) (2018)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 2018
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans

Bio:

Originally formed in 2008 by vocalist Troy as a King Diamond tribute band, performing for three and a half years with over 20 shows including performances with Mike Wead and Hal Patino from King Diamond. After returning from several other projects, Troy started to create a concept idea in 2014 and moulded a story, band, album and show around it.

Album:

An appropriate album for this time of year particularly as we edge closer to Halloween, THEM’s sophomore release, “Manor of the Seven Gables,” attempts to capture that atmosphere. It must first be said that this is my first experience hearing the band so the review will surely reflect that. Skip this paragraph if you are already familiar with THEM. Vocalist Troy Norr originally formed the band in 2008 as a tribute band to KING DIAMOND. The band achieved quite a bit of success including performing shows with Mike Wead and Hal Patino from KING DIAMOND’s band. Now the band is centered around a concept idea of Norr’s with a six-person band assembled including keyboards to really add to the effect of the music particularly when performing their unique live show. Along with the mighty ATTIC and PORTRAIT, THEM is based off the original creativity fostered by KING DIAMOND; however, while those two bands are based more off MERCYFUL FATE, THEM is more from the perspective of his solo material.“Residuum” is an instrumental track that opens the story up with children playing hide and seek in a cemetery, a trope featured throughout horror. The music finally comes in over a fairly long dramatic part and adds a bit of Heavy Metal tension with palm-muted chords and choir sounds from a keyboard. The next track, “Circuitous,” begins just as the name implies. Guitar harmonies form the basis upon which the mood is laid out, but the bass during this time is playing slap style. That was a huge red flag. The last thing to blend with a KING DIAMOND style track is a funky part. Could you imagine how awkward he would look onstage if his bassist did that? The vocals first make their appearance, and it is immediately over the top. The best analogy I can think of to better describe the effect of this record is the situation during the period in which CRADLE OF FILTH released “Dusk and Her Embrace,” where the music and players were evidently highly skilled (Nick Barker!), but the point that makes or breaks a potential fan is the vocals. Personally, as a hardcore KING DIAMOND fan, I will naturally have the tendency to be critical as others will be too. I can hear the resemblance and the intent is clearly there.The fourth track, “Witchfinder,” is the first song to really have a vocal part that has the proper representation of the originator. His highs are there with a range that is generously wide. I cannot help but be skeptical, though, with the Hollywood-style production. This track contained the reticent amount of heavy with a drive similar to the classics. As a full concept album, one comes across a few short tracks such as the fifth, “A Scullery Maid,” and the ninth, “Peine Forte Et Dure”. These tracks serve to advance the story with character banter and effects. For a rundown on the story and its elements, you have to buy the album and dive in. Fans of BLIND GUARDIAN may dig this album as well as those of older NIGHTWISH.The album really starts to drag in the middle, but the intensity is increased with by far the heaviest track, the eleventh, “Seven Gables to Ash”. This song features syncopated rhythms, tons of double bass, and is the one point on the album where they really nailed it. By nailed it, I mean that they succeeded in using the similarity to KING DIAMOND as a point of reference, but then building on it with their sound. The falsetto on this song is stunningly evil-sounding from the minor key horror atmosphere. If the rest of the album sounded more like the last two tracks, I’d give this album a stellar review. The last track, “Punishment by Fire,” continues the trend toward the more extreme end of Heavy Metal. It is understandable to have peaks and valleys, but the last two tracks sound like a different band.Obviously, the strongest point of contention is the instrumentation of the album. It has a very crisp, bright Hollywood-like production that feeds off the horror story mellow drama. The most daunting project to me would be to try and form a band to emulate KING DIAMOND, but it is obviously a thing now. The musicians have to be top notch, and they are. Everything is Pro Tools perfect, quantized, and clear. Troy Norr was definitely careful to garner all the musicians best fit for this band. With three guitar players and a keyboardist, a Metal opera type of feel is given to the music with so many melodic and harmonic options.With the autumnal brisk air, this is the time of year I usually listen to KING DIAMOND the most. Though it is a testament to the appeal of the master’s music to have a sub genre start to form based on bands playing in the tradition of his music with their original songs, KING DIAMOND is such a unique entity that it is about more than just the fidelity. While this album sounds good on paper, it is really according to taste whether this is a hit. Since it had a fatiguing effect by the time it was listened to in its entirety, I doubt I’ll listen to much more of it.

Line Up:

Alexander Palma Bass - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Septagon, ex-Luna Field, Dysembrioma, ex-Disinfect, ex-Lanfear, ex-Majesty, ex-My Darkest Hate, ex-Belphegor (live)
Angel Cotte Drums - See also: Demolition Hammer, Driven Mad, Eyes like Cyanide, ex-Fetal Syndrome, ex-Immortal Flesh, ex-Alekhine's Gun, ex-Eyes of the Sun, ex-Dehumanized (live), ex-Internal Bleeding (live), ex-Exit to Eternity, ex-Success Will Write Apocalypse Across the Sky (live)
Richie Seibel Keyboards - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Ivanhoe, Lanfear, ex-Charisma, ex-Ivorie
Troy Norr Vocals (2008-2011, 2014-present) - See also: Coldsteel
Markus Ullrich Guitars (2014-present) - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Lanfear, Septagon
Markus Johansson Guitars (2015-present) - See also: 4Arm, Sylencer, Knapp / Johansson, Repentance, ex-Malaki (live)
Justin Zych Guitars (2016-present) - See also: Valhalla, Viking, Zephaniah, Death on Fire (live), ex-Under the Wake, Munroe's Thunder, ex-Vindicator, ex-VadimVon (live)

Tracklist:

01. Residuum (Intro)
02. Circuitous
03. Refuge In The Manor
04. Witchfinder
05. A Scullery Maid (Interlude 1)
06. Ravna
07. As The Sage Burns
08. The Secret Stairs
09. Peine Forte Et Dure (Interlude 2)
10. Maleficium
11. Seven Gables To Ash
12. Punishment By Fire

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Jún 2021, 10:31

Them - Return To Hemmersmoor (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 2020
Audio : 320 kbps + scans

Bio:

Album:

THEM are a Heavy Metal with band members from Germany and U.S.A. They were originally formed as a KING DIAMOND tribute band but became a full-fledged band in 2014. Troy Norr is the mastermind behind this project, he has crafted the backstory of their universe and has created its own world. The band has had a number of lineup changes since the last album back in 2018 and have carefully changed their dynamic at the same time. For people out of the loop, Hemmersmoor is a place untouched by time and shrouded in superstition. It’s the village on the Devil’s Moor in Stefan Kiesbye’s book called ‘’Your House is on Fire, Your Children are Gone’’. The supernatural horror novel has a cult following and the guys from THEM have developed an album that revolves around this universe and the doom and gloom suspense driven novel.I was disappointed with the fact that Mike LePond left the band, when I saw them back in 2016, opening for HELLOWEEN, he was rocking and rolling and was a master at his craft. He is one of the very best bassist in all of Metal and his band SYMPHONY X is one of the greatest Neo-Classical bands out there and never had the love and respect they rightfully deserved. They are so good but never were able to break through unfortunately. An album based on a book or inspired by a book is something of a lost art. MANTICORA did it twice these last few years with their last two albums but the album was written by the vocalist of the band. It was out of the ordinary and totally original.The narration and storytelling at the beginning of the album was pretty awesome. It sounded like an audio representation of an album and it’s a sign of things to come. The production is top notch and you can feel yourself immersed in the story itself. I could have listened to something like the first instances of the album for another hour. Quality voice actors and such emotion and character. It was such a nice change of pace from anything else I have heard this very year.‘’Age of Ascension’’ has the high pitched shrieks we are used to from this band. They are heavily influenced (musically and theatrically) by KING DIAMOND and this song was such a throwback and reminded me of the greatness of ‘’Sweet Hollow’’ back in 2016. I felt they lost a bit of that momentum on the last album but this song is a great start and step in the right direction. He doesn’t use his high-pitched vocals too much compared to the past and the dosage seems to be more mature in a sense. It’s not always a constant barrage of higher vocals and I think they were a bit tired of being typecast as clones of those legends.‘’Free’’ and ‘’The Tumultous Voyage to Hemmersmoor’’ shows another side of the band, it reminded me of some of the better Matt Barlow era ICED EARTH songs. Not too fast but with some really nice hooks, an emphasis on a very capable vocalist surrounded by great musicians. A lot of skill applied to songs that are epic, dark, cohesive and downright razor sharp in order to form a whole that’s every bit as its parts and then some. It’s the darker side of Power Metal, not the happy go lucky European stylings obviously.‘’Battle Blood’’ was a bit of a departure for the band. They sounded like old school ANNIHILATOR, the Dave Padden years. For me those were the best albums from the Canadian Thrash Metal albums. These songs shifted the sound of the band and you do have some Traditional Heavy Metal elements thrown in for good measures but they are all in with the Thrash Metal. Well they showed that they can do something else and can adapt their sound throughout.‘’Field of Immortality’’ has a very impressive bassline and flute playing at the beginning. It’s kinda ominous to say the least! The rest of the song really reminded me of the older NEVERMORE albums, very guitar heavy and very loud. (’’The Thin Veil’’) is also a prime example of the influence of NEVEMORE on their music. The vocals are powerful and keep your attention fixed. It’s mixed with old school Heavy Metal, think very anthemic HAMMERFALL or GRAND MAGUS. This is my favorite song of the album by far.What stands out obviously is the apparent way they were able to distance themselves from the previous comparisons they have had since the beginning of their career. Each song on this album is different, I did highlight some of the songs on this review but every song has it’s own time and place. They all have this different vibe about each other and they complete each other. I think they wanted to show the world that they weren’t only KING DIAMOND clones but they could pull off some other musical styles. I think they achieved their goal and this album has lots to offer to the listener out there. They still have their influences but have broadened their musical horizon to incorporate so many other dimensions that they are ready to make their mark on the world of Heavy Metal.

Line Up:

Troy Norr - Vocals (2008-2011, 2014-present) - See also: Coldsteel
Alexander Palma - Bass - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Septagon, ex-Luna Field, Dysembrioma, ex-Disinfect, ex-Lanfear, ex-Majesty, ex-My Darkest Hate, ex-Belphegor (live)
Angel Cotte - Drums - See also: Demolition Hammer, Driven Mad, Eyes like Cyanide, ex-Fetal Syndrome, ex-Immortal Flesh, ex-Alekhine's Gun, ex-Eyes of the Sun, ex-Dehumanized (live), ex-Internal Bleeding (live), ex-Exit to Eternity, ex-Success Will Write Apocalypse Across the Sky (live)
Richie Seibel - Keyboards - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Ivanhoe, Lanfear, ex-Charisma, ex-Ivorie
Markus Ullrich - Guitars (2014-present) - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Lanfear, Septagon
Markus Johansson - Guitars (2015-present) - See also: 4Arm, Sylencer, Knapp / Johansson, Repentance, ex-Malaki (live)

Tracklist:

01. Diluvium
02. Age Of Ascension
03. The Tumultuous Voyage To Hemmersmoor
04. Free
05. Field Of Immortality
06. The Thin Veil
07. Waken
08. Memento Mori
09. Hellhounds: The Harbingers Of Death
10. Battle Blood
11. Maestro's Last Stand
12. Finis

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 25 Okt 2022, 10:44

Them - Fear City (2022)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 2022
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 138 mb

Bio:

Album:

By way of explanation: New York City was often referred to as ‘Fear City’ in the early 1980s. At that time, illegal prostitution, protection rackets and drug trafficking thrived in the city which was notorious for its high crime and violence rates – for international power metal band Them the perfect setting for the continuation of their trilogy surrounding main protagonist KK Fossor. What was set in the 19th century on their first three album releases, ‘Sweet Hollow’ (2016), ‘Manor Of The Se7en Gables’ (2018) and ‘Return To Hemmersmoor’ (2020), is continued on ‘Fear City’, albeit with a 120-year time shift and the descendants of the original characters. “In a nutshell: KK Fossor is trying to find the descendant of the Witchhunter, who works as a televangelist under the name of Peter Thompson in 1981 New York,” explains Markus Ullrich, the band’s German guitarist and creative mastermind.

Line Up:

Troy Norr - Vocals (2008-2011, 2014-present) - See also: Coldsteel
Alexander Palma - Bass - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Septagon, ex-Luna Field, Dysembrioma, ex-Disinfect, ex-Lanfear, ex-Majesty, ex-My Darkest Hate, ex-Belphegor (live)
Richie Seibel - Keyboards - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Ivanhoe, Lanfear, ex-Charisma, ex-Ivorie
Markus Ullrich - Guitars (2014-present) - See also: A Cosmic Trail, Lanfear, Septagon
Markus Johansson - Guitars (2015-present) - See also: 4Arm, Sylencer, Knapp / Johansson, Repentance, ex-Malaki (live)
Steve Bolognese - Drums (2021-present) - See also: Death Dealer, Ross the Boss, ex-Baptized in Blood, ex-Into Eternity, ex-Witherfall, ex-Beyond the Embrace

Tracklist:

01. Excito
02. Flight of the Concorde
03. Welcome To Fear City
04. Retro 54
05. An Ear For the Action
06. Graffiti Park
07. 191st Street
08. Home Stretch
09. The Crossing of Hellgate Bridge
10. Death on the Downtown Metro
11. Stay Tuned...
12. A Most Violent Year
13. The Deconsecrated House of Sin
14. In the 11th Hour

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 14 neregistrovaných