Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Dexter Ward (GRE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 19 Jan 2019, 16:40

Dexter Ward - Rendezvous With Destiny (Limited Edition Digipak) (2016)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2016
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

Dexter Ward is a character in a novel written by HP Lovecraft in 1927. After three successful studio albums with BATTLEROAR, and several live shows all over Europe, including the participation in festivals such as Keep It True, Headbangers Open Air, Swordbrothers and March Metal Day, where the band shared the stage with acts such as MANOWAR and RHAPSODY, in the year 2009 Mark Dexter and Manolis Karazeris decided to form new band. Its name, DEXTER WARD, was taken from the short H.P. Lovecraft novel titled "The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward".Long time friends and fellow Heavy Metal brothers Akis Pastras (guitars) and John Luna Tsimas (bass) promptly joined their quest, and with Aggelos Tsoukalas (from BLOODSTAINED) on board, the band recorded and released the limited promo CD in 2010. Later that Iron On Iron Records released the "Antarctic Dream" 12" vinyl EP, which featured three tracks from the mentioned promo release, as well as live version of the CIRITH UNGOL classic "Go It Alone". One year later the band released its debut album titled "Neon Lights", which has been promoted on live shows in both Greece (opening for CRIMSON GLORY and VIRGIN STEELE) and in other European countries.In 2013 the band inked the deal with No Remorse Records, and released the "Stars And Stripes" 7" single, where the title track has been coupled with a cover version of the LORD song titled "Leather Queen". One week after the release of the single, the band played two shows as the support act of another US Metal legend: WARLORD. Few months later new DEXTER WARD recordings saw the light of the day, as the band joined the WARLORD and ANVIL tribute albums.In 2014 and 2015 the band was busy with both live shows (incl. opening for JAG PANZER in Athens), and in the studio: in April of 2015 the band released the limited edition 12" split album with their label mates BLACK SOUL HORDE, where the DEXTER WARD side was opened with the title track from their forthcoming album "Rendezvous With Destiny", and where the band also included 3 alternate versions of the songs already known from the "Neon Lights" album. After playing at the Up The Hammers Festival, and sharing the stage with cult acts such as MANILLA ROAD, OMEN or TITAN FORCE, the band joined the RIOT tribute album, and then focused on the new studio album. "Rendezvous With Destiny", as this is the title of their new, full length released at Keep It True Festival in Germany, on April 29, 2016.

Album:

What is it with heavy metal bands and a fondness for H.P. Lovecraft and his writings? Athens band Dexter Ward takes their name from a Lovecraft character in The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward. So with their second album, Rendezvous With Destiny, what's there heavy metal sound? Founders vocalist Mark Dexter and guitarist Manolis Karazeris came from Battleroar, that should give you some clue.Dexter Ward and Rendezvous With Destiny is basically straight up European melodic heavy power metal. There's no guess work as to what goes into their musical presence. Large and harmonious riffage from twin guitars, which always lead to ripping solos. A rhythm section of some power, working that balance between power, thunder, and gallop. The final part of the triumvirate is Dexter's generally melodic and clean vocals, backed up often band gang vocal arrangements. The result is bombastic,roaring, and rather epic sounding melodic power metal, and all down without synths (as far as I could hear).As for the songs, for the most part each one puts the aforementioned elements into every arrangement and then races from the gates. There are some nuances here and there. One is the rather benign and quiet start in the first half of Metal For The Light, yet this turns to bombastic power metal for the latter half, before ending with an acoustic guitar outro. Shortly after the mid-point of self-gratifying tune We Are Dexter Ward, there's a nice breakdown of subtle guitar over rippling drum and bass work. But that's the say that the bass and drum work are quite present throughout, thanks not in the least to good mixing and mastering.The most curious song here is the cover of Ballad Of The Green Berets. If you're not an American and not familiar with our Vietnam War, you may not recognize this song. It was written by Robin Moore and Staff Sgt. Barry Sadler, a Viet Nam war veteran, who recorded it has a single. Later it was popularized in a choral version in the John Wayne film, The Green Berets, based on Moore's book of the same name. All that to say this, Dexter Ward to a power metal version of the song, and you can barely pick up the melody. You'll have to listen the original version and then Dexter Ward's version to catch the musical theme.Bottom line: Dexter Ward's Rendezvous With Destiny is solid and entertaining "keep it true" melodic heavy power metal. If that's your thing, you will not be disappointed in the least. Recommended.

Line-Up:

Mark Dexter (aka Marco Concoreggi) - Vocals - See also: Lost Lullaby, Tilarids, ex-Battleroar
John Luna Tsimas - Bass - See also: Endomain, ex-Airged L'amh, ex-Black Sun
Manolis "Barraza" Karazeris - Guitars - See also: Finger Of Scorn, Heathens From The North, ex-Battleroar
Akis Pastras - Guitars
Stelios Darakis - Drums (2010-present) - See also: The Eternal Suffering, ex-Casus Belli, ex-Lloth, ex-Mortal Torment, ex-Sacred Outcry

Tracklist:

01. Rendezvous with Destiny 04:41
02. Stone Age Warrior 06:38
03. These Metal Wings 04:43
04. Metal for the Light 06:44
05. Fighting for the Cross 06:44
06. Knights of Jerusalem 05:04
07. We Are Dexter Ward 04:28
08. Ballad of the Green Berets 05:02
09. Robocop (Bonus Track)

+ Video "These Metal Wings" (Official Lyric Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Dexter Ward (GRE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 28 Júl 2022, 11:27

Dexter Ward - III (2020)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2020
Style : Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + front
Size : 141 mb

Bio:

Dexter Ward is a character in a novel written by HP Lovecraft in 1927. After three successful studio albums with BATTLEROAR, and several live shows all over Europe, including the participation in festivals such as Keep It True, Headbangers Open Air, Swordbrothers and March Metal Day, where the band shared the stage with acts such as MANOWAR and RHAPSODY, in the year 2009 Mark Dexter and Manolis Karazeris decided to form new band. Its name, DEXTER WARD, was taken from the short H.P. Lovecraft novel titled "The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward".Long time friends and fellow Heavy Metal brothers Akis Pastras (guitars) and John Luna Tsimas (bass) promptly joined their quest, and with Aggelos Tsoukalas (from BLOODSTAINED) on board, the band recorded and released the limited promo CD in 2010. Later that Iron On Iron Records released the "Antarctic Dream" 12" vinyl EP, which featured three tracks from the mentioned promo release, as well as live version of the CIRITH UNGOL classic "Go It Alone". One year later the band released its debut album titled "Neon Lights", which has been promoted on live shows in both Greece (opening for CRIMSON GLORY and VIRGIN STEELE) and in other European countries.In 2013 the band inked the deal with No Remorse Records, and released the "Stars And Stripes" 7" single, where the title track has been coupled with a cover version of the LORD song titled "Leather Queen". One week after the release of the single, the band played two shows as the support act of another US Metal legend: WARLORD. Few months later new DEXTER WARD recordings saw the light of the day, as the band joined the WARLORD and ANVIL tribute albums.In 2014 and 2015 the band was busy with both live shows (incl. opening for JAG PANZER in Athens), and in the studio: in April of 2015 the band released the limited edition 12" split album with their label mates BLACK SOUL HORDE, where the DEXTER WARD side was opened with the title track from their forthcoming album "Rendezvous With Destiny", and where the band also included 3 alternate versions of the songs already known from the "Neon Lights" album. After playing at the Up The Hammers Festival, and sharing the stage with cult acts such as MANILLA ROAD, OMEN or TITAN FORCE, the band joined the RIOT tribute album, and then focused on the new studio album. "Rendezvous With Destiny", as this is the title of their new, full length released at Keep It True Festival in Germany, on April 29, 2016.

Album:

DEXTER WARD was formed in Athens, Greece in 2009. 2009 was the year of the last financial crisis, the year of first black US president and the year the King of Pop died. The five guys from Athens are obviously fans of the cult novelist H.P Lovecraft. DEXTER WARD is one of his characters starring in the short story: ‘The Case of Charles Dexter Ward’. The record I am now assigned to clearly deals mostly with fantasy stories as you guessed the moment you read the name of song number five (‘Conan The Barbarian’). I really enjoy fantasy and comics and I have a soft spot for everything involving Conan (aside from the sludge band CONAN, this is too slow even for me and I love Doom).I had to be lectured on this issue because I never read the Barry Windsor Smith issues they never got printed for German readers, I did not know that there are references to Valhalla and races like the Vanir (denizens of Vanaheim of course). So at first I thought I knew better but Mark Dexter’s Conan nerd-powers surpass mine so that I have to bow my head in humbleness. Dexter’s vocals are passionate and powerful and the band plays on a high level, smooth guitars a fat bass and drums that would motivate the Valusian slaves to grind themselves to dust rowing their mighty ships toward Grondar. Sorry for the Nerd-mode but some things are close to the heart, partly I can dig this but all in all I am not sold this time because it does not push the right buttons (if this is indeed a grower I will revisit this review on my Facebook page somewhere in the not too distant future). Check them out, by Crom!

Line-Up:

Mark Dexter (aka Marco Concoreggi) - Vocals - See also: Lost Lullaby, Tilarids, ex-Battleroar
John Luna Tsimas - Bass - See also: Endomain, ex-Airged L'amh, ex-Black Sun
Manolis "Barraza" Karazeris - Guitars - See also: Finger Of Scorn, Heathens From The North, ex-Battleroar
Akis Pastras - Guitars
Stelios Darakis - Drums (2010-present) - See also: The Eternal Suffering, ex-Casus Belli, ex-Lloth, ex-Mortal Torment, ex-Sacred Outcry

Tracklist:

01. Return of the Blades
02. Soldiers of Light
03. In the Days of Epic Metal
04. The Eyes of Merlin
05. Conan the Barbarian
06. The Dragon of the Mist
07. Reign of the White Knight
08. The Demonslayer

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 3 neregistrovaní