Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

A-II-Z (GBR)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 09 Okt 2018, 13:17

A-II-Z - The Witch Of Berkeley (1980) (Majestic Rock Records Edition 2006)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1980 (Majestic Rock Records Edition 2006)
Style : Heavy Metal , NWOBHM
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 185 mb

Bio:

British NWOBHM band from Manchester.Dave Owens and Gary Owens are brothers.The band changed its name to Aurora when Gary Owens left in 1982.In 1980 AIIZ played nationwide UK tours supporting Girlschool and Black Sabbath. They also supported Iron Maiden on several shows.A II Z were a heavy metal band founded in 1979 in Manchester, England by guitarist Gary Owens. The original lineup consisted of David Owens (vocals), Gary Owens (guitar), Cam Campbell (bass), Karl Reti (drums). For a short time they were one of the forerunners of the new wave of British heavy metal movement. They disbanded in 1982. Manchester's A II Z (named after the A–Z Street Atlas) were the beneficiaries of fortuitous timing, being formed by brothers Dave (vocals) and Gary Owens (guitar), Cam Campbell (bass), and Karl Reti (drums), just in time (late 1979) to be swept up by the initial excitement surrounding the new wave of British heavy metal. Immediately signed by major label Polydor, the group, whose style bore resemblances to Motörhead, Sweet Savage and Weapon, recorded their 1980 debut album, The Witch of Berkeley, live at a hometown gig (actually the hall of Hazel Grove High School), then were sent out on the road in support of Girlschool and Black Sabbath. Neither of these experiences aided record sales, however, and following the release by Polydor of 1981's "No Fun After Midnight" EP and the single "I'm the One Who Loves You", the band were dropped. Internal dissension had also taken root by this time and the Owens had in fact dispensed with their original rhythm section to work with new bassist Tony Backhouse and drummer Simon Wright (later of AC/DC) on that final single. But the quartet's new and more commercial AOR direction failed to bear fruit, and by the middle of 1982 A II Z had dissolved. Guitarist Gary Owens joined the similarly ill-fated NWOBHM band Tytan.In 1993, Reborn Classics reissued The Witch of Berkeley as a bootleg CD which includes both singles as well as a four-track demo from Jaguar. In 2006 Majestic Rock officially re-released The Witch of Berkeley and also included the two singles and their b-sides.

Album:

First of all as you start this album you will hear that this is a live album, yes that’s correct a live one as a debut album! It is a bit unusable for a band to do so but in the history of music it is not unheard of. The sound quality is not the greatest but the saving grace of it is that it is a debut release and also you have to consider the time when this came out.The band plays a great show and you can hear that the crowd is enjoying it. It starts of with ‘No Fun After Midnight’ which is a nice corker! Then it moves to ‘Lay Down’, ‘Walking The Distance’ unto the great piece called ‘Glastonbury Massacre’ which is a instrumental. Here you can hear that the band is working together! Guitar playing is great. Great solo. Nice one! Then we move on to ‘Danger UXB’ and then to the namesake of the album. Both are great songs! After this we come to my 2 favorites of mine (it doesn’t have to be yours) ‘Last Stand’ and ‘The Romp’. The latter one is a great play along with the audience. The regular track list ends with ‘The King Is Dead’ which is a nice ending.Now we come to the bonus tracks of the reissue. It consists of the only two singles they released after their debut. The first one is the ‘No Fun After Midnight’ 12” version (which I had as a red see through vinyl). ‘No Fun..’ is a bit of a downer after you have heard the live one but still is a competent song. Now we go to the two other ones of the 12”. ‘Treason’ is a kick ass great song. I love this one! And ‘Valhalla Force’ is another nice one. The second single is a downer. It is commercial sounding as they tried to survive as a band. Alas it didn’t work for them. Or thank god for us. If A II Z was successful in this way then we have lost a great band and also their debut would be totally forgotten.Thus this concludes the whole discography of A II Z . The conclusion is that this album (certainly the reissue) is well worth to acquire, no let me rephrase it. It is an essential buy for anyone who loves Metal and certainly for those who want to get into NWOBHM. Despite the last two tracks which I think is still essential for the issue to make it complete.Highlights: No Fun After Midnight (live), Glastonbury Massacre, The Last Stand, The Romp, Treason, Valhalla Force.

Line Up:

Cam Campbell - Bass, Vocals (backing), Pedalboard
Karl Reti - Drums, Percussion
Gary Owens - Guitars (1979-1982) - See also: ex-Tytan
Dave Owens - Vocals (1979-1982) - See also: ex-Aurora

Tracklist:

01. No Fun After Midnight 05:28
02. Lay Down 03:21
03. Walking the Distance 04:57
04. Glastonbury Massacre 03:59 instrumental
05. Danger U.X.B. 03:30
06. The Witch of Berkeley 04:39
07. Last Stand 05:49
08. The Romp 06:44
09. The King Is Dead 04:03
10. No Fun After Midnight (single version) 03:06 (Bonus Track)
11. Treason (single b-side) 02:59 (Bonus Track)
12. Valhalla Force (single b-side) 03:46 (Bonus Track)
13. I'm the One Who Loves You (single) 03:25 (Bonus Track)
14. Ringside Seat (single b-Side) 04:11 (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 6 neregistrovaných