Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : NWOBHM , Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 122 mb

Bio:

Hailing from Chicago and the UK, CRUSADER is relatively new to the metal scene in Chicago, although they are all veterans of playing live music, having only been officially a band since spring of 2010. Tired of hearing run-of-the-mill corporate produced ‘metal’, CRUSADER decided to raise the flag and rally the troops to their banner.Raised on classic rock, speed metal and thrash through to doom, and everything in between and beyond, CRUSADER proudly and unashamedly wear their influences on their sleeves.Early 2011 saw the release of CRUSADER’s self released EP ‘Rise of the Templars’ which has received rave reviews:‘If you close your eyes, you can picture hundreds of spiked gauntlets, punching the sky, lock step, united in war against poseurs. When the song takes off, it’s a groove thrasher with crooning vocals that reminds me a lot Death Angel’ – American Aftermath Webzine.‘Rise of the Templars’ is one great epic metal release, I do love the bass sound, this is indeed everything I want from a metal release in all fairness right down to the Grave Digger inspired EP cover artwork. The gauntlet is laid down and the challenge is accepted. Setting their stall out to emulate the metal giants, Crusader makes a good account of themselves and I for one simply love this EP’ – Brutalism Webzine.‘This is prime NWOBHM inspired heavy metal taking you back to the days of Black Axe and Angel Witch…’ – Powerplay UK Magazine.‘Their NWOBHM sound, the epic-driven song titles and the cool performance are enough to guarantee you that you are gonna have great time when these guys are onstage. During their 30 minutes’ performance, I enjoyed "Templar" and "Asgard’s Fire" and the sure thing is that I’m going to dig their EP asap. Just a perfect way to warm up for ANVIL’s invasion, don’t ya think? – Metal Kaoz review – show with ANVIL.Year 2012 will see the band recording their full length album and taking their sound all over the country. Think of a Crusader tank driving over a minefield littered with the skulls of the enemy dead...they're taking it back to the roots: Drinking beers, throwing the horns and playing metal...

Album:

With the resurgence of heavy and USPM in the last few years, I've been fortunate enough to witness the emergence of sweet new top-tier bands like Eternal Champion, Black Magic, and today's topic, Crusader. It's like it's 1985 again, except even better, because with the advent of the internet, obscure-ish bands are much easier to find, and I can get a practically comprehensive look at the heavy/power scene. With their 2013 debut Onward into Battle, Crusader make their mark on the scene. The band wears their influences on their sleeve, especially with a title like Onward into Battle. There's definitely quite a bit of Omen (Battle Cry, anyone?) here, mixed with some Brocas Helm, especially in the bass playing (Into Battle, anyone?) and some of the darker riffing makes me think there's some Mercyful Fate influence, or perhaps even a bit of doom, maybe Candlemass. Some of the songs ("Hopeless Destiny") are pretty evocative of some of the more epic and riffy NWOBHM like Dragonslayer or Tredegar. The vocals are a lot more melodic and laid-back on this one as well, further hearkening to that scene.Speaking of vocals, the singer, known only as Hoagy, typically uses a gruff, powerful midrange not unlike that of the mighty J.D. Kimball, though even Hoagy, talented and charismatic as he is, can't quite achieve that level of godhood. He's got a bellow akin to that of Glen May, but again, I'm making comparisons in which Hoagy can't hope to come out on top. At any rate, he's quite a great vocalist, definitely a worthy addition to the album. In the true USPM spirit, he is up front but so are the guitars; the two share the spotlight, with either one being more at the forefront at any given time, but neither significantly outshining the other, which is a testament both to Hoagy's performance and vocal lines and the quality of the riffs. Not only does the band write quality riffs and vocal lines (as well as bass lines), but they construct them in such a way as to create an excellent flow such that the songs never get boring or rehashed; every song here is a winner, with not even a hint of filler to be found; this is incredibly consistent stuff, especially for a debut, at times rivaling old classics like Battle Cry and Into Battle themselves.Of course, Crusader aren't merely derivative of the classics; they add plenty of their own element as well. Hoagy delivers some semi-harsh vocals at times which fit in very well, and some songs have a soaring anthemic quality not unlike Manowar, or perhaps a more adept Doomsword (Let Battle Commence, anyone?), mixed in with healthy doses of blue collar USPM, quirky Brocas Helm-isms, and huge, crushing riffs a la Skullview. This amalgamation really works beautifully, and as I've said there's truly never a dull moment on this album, even including a nine and a half minute epic that kicks ass throughout. I have very few complaints about this album, other than the fact that the clean voice Hoagy uses on "Hopeless Destiny" and "Arturius" is a bit weak, sounding sort of like a second-rate Kevin Heybourne, although that's still not too bad a sound to have; and the song "Zero Hour" being a tad overlong, with not enough riffs to fully support its length. Overall, though, this record is absolutely killer, indicative of the high quality of output that's been coming to the USPM scene in the last couple of years relative to the previous two decades. If you're a fan of the genre at all, pick this one up, you'll have yourself a good time.

Line Up:

Hoagy - Vocals
Mikeii - Bass
Colin - Drums, Programming
Brad - Guitars
Joe - Guitars

Tracklist:

01. Thunderkill 04:01
02. Wartorn and Bleeding 04:49
03. Hopeless Destiny 03:43
04. Witch Hunt 06:13
05. Asgard's Fire 04:13
06. Arturius 09:34
07. Zero Hour 05:19
08. Dead Kings 04:43
09. Iron Forge 03:51
10. Onward into Battle 07:49

Please my link you can´t spread further and don´t upload to other hostings!!!

Obrázok

Remember! if You like the release, buy the original CD. Support the artists!

All download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Please when You buy a premium account, You can support our work, You can do parallel downloads with unlimited speed and never waiting.
Please click and buy some account only through icons below: (when You not see icons below stop AdBlock and AdBlock plus in Google chrome)

Cuando usted compra una cuenta premium, Usted puede apoyar nuestro trabajo, usted puede hacer descargas paralelas con velocidad ilimitada y nunca espera.
Por favor, haga clic y comprar de cuenta sólo a través de iconos por debajo: (si no ves el iconos siguiente parada AdBlock y AdBlock Plus en Google Chrome)

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "HEAVY Metal"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 39 neregistrovaných