Voodoo Circle - More Than One Way Home (Digipak Edition) (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 01 Jún 2023, 09:02

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Melodic Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 274 mb

Bio:

Voodoo Circle is a German hard rock/heavy metal band founded in 2008, as a project of Silent Force guitarist Alex Beyrodt (currently also playing with bands Primal Fear and Sinner) who had the idea to re-think his personal vision of music, making songs more based on his early influences, such as Whitesnake, Yngwie Malmsteen, Deep Purple and Rainbow.After the debut album called Alex Beyrodt's Voodoo Circle, the project became a collaborative band and currently is composed of Alex Beyrodt together with vocalist David Readman (Pink Cream 69), bassist Mat Sinner (Beyrodt's bandmate on bands Primal Fear, Sinner and Silent Force), keyboardist Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, also Beyrodt's bandmate on Silent Force) and drummer Tim Husung.The band has gained some critical and commercial success with the 2011 album Broken Heart Syndrome. The last Voodoo Circle album is More Than One Way Home released in 2013.It took Alex Beyrodt’s VOODOO CIRCLE only two studio albums to establish themselves as the epitome of quality in the Classic Hard Rock genre.This union of exceptional musicians has it all: lots of experience, outstanding songwriting skills and musicianship, passion and a sense for great hooks.Now with „More Than One Way Home“ guitar wizard Beyrodt and his band deliver the next highlight. It’s obvious that VOODOO CIRCLE have enhanced their Classic Rock repertoire on the highest level. A German band never before sounded that international, with that much English Hard Rock in their blood.It is worth mentioning that Beyrodt (known as one of the biggest Stratocaster fans) also handles the Les Paul masterly. „I tried to give the songs just what they needed, I think this results in more variety while keeping up the Voodoo Circle trademarks“, Beyrodt explains.This way you get VOODOO CIRCLE-typical songs full of dynamic and variety. As „More Than One Way Home“ implies, there’s always more than one way that leads to the goal – and VOODOO CIRCLE show mastership in every terrain: powerful riff-driven hard rockers, profound tunes affected by the bluesy timbre of David Readman, as well as atmospheric ballads appear to be natural territory for the supergroup.VOODOO CIRCLE create Hard Rock anew and give it extra flavor. „More Than One Way Home“ sounds like a journey back in time, to the creative bloom of classic, yearning, bluesy Rock, but at the same time its energy and vitality never make you doubt that we count the year 2013. The melodic anthems, cultivated by the powerful voice of David Readman, the tasteful hammond sounds by Jimmy Kresic, Mat Sinner’s as usual precise bass foundation and Markus Kullmann’s drumming in best Bonham tradition, appear to come down right from the Olympus of Hard Rock.A true band, jamming, following their inspiration – this was the aim of Alex Beyrodt (Silent Force, Sinner, Primal Fear) when the founded VOODOO CIRCLE in 2009. These directives reminded of the golden years when bands like Rainbow, Whitesnake and Deep Purple released their classic albums – but VOODOO CIRCLE never shied back from any comparisons. So „Bringing back the Voodoo Vibes to Hard Rock“ became the motto of the new band. Powered by the expressive vocals of David Readman (Pink Cream 69), VOODOO CIRCLE set a big mark directly with their debut album „Voodoo Circle. With „Broken Heart Syndrome“ two years later the second album even showed progression and inevitably put VOODOO CIRCLE into the focus of the Rock fans. A sensational chart entry in Germany (#64 in the album charts) was proof of the immense popularity of the band.. A European tour with SINNER then became the highlight for all fans of crushing Rock in 2011’s concert season. VOODOO CIRCLE’s music is made to be played live on stage, to make the spirit of 70’s/80’s Hard Rock come alive again.„More Than One Way Home“ is the third studio album of this extraordinary band. It should be a must-have for all lovers if high-class Rock music. All these will also get the chance to see VOODOO CIRCLE on their headlining tour in May 2013 !

Album:

Rock “super groups” seem to be in vogue these days. After W.E.T. here is another one: VOODOO CIRCLE, consisting of David Readman (Pink Cream 69), Mat Sinner (Primal Fear, Sinner) and others. Can they keep up with their colleagues from Sweden? Voodoo Circle have not much in common with W.E.T. besides one thing: the hype! The first two releases of the German all-star-band were perceived very positively by critics and fans … and as far as I read this is the same with this new effort.The opening track “Graveyard City” is a strong beginning. It kicks ass! Voodoo Circle celebrate the old time hard rock of the 70’s – really, really old school classic hard rock with lots of bluesy elements. Amazingly, it still sounds quite fresh, because you haven’t heard this style of music so often in the last few years.Actually, I could save the rest of my review, since all the songs go into this direction. I’d like to point out “Cry For Love” – this is a real hit (and the first single), which could have been an all-time-classic 40 years ago … and sung by a different band, but later more on that. “Tears In The Rain” and “The Saint And The Sinner” are also really strong tracks with their moody vibe and their classic arrangements. The production is also very good, very earthy – it fits perfectly to the songs. The band sounds also very dynamic and like a well-rehearsed team. But this is not surprising with this top-class musicians.Sadly, Voodoo Circle have one big problem: a massive lack of own identity! The whole album sounds like Whitesnake or Deep Purple – in every corner. The songwriting, the way of playing, even the way David Readman sings here is way too much like David Coverdale. While listening to the whole album I thought too often I’ve heared this all before on different Whitesnake records … this can’t be. It is one thing to pay homage to their favorite band, but to me it sounds like most parts of the songs are copied from Whitesnake. There aren’t any surprises. That leads very fast to boredom and after 7 songs I needed a break.The only song that breaks the pattern is “The Killer In You” – this one sounds like a Pink Cream 69 song. Don’t get me wrong, it is all very well played and most of the songs are good but if I want to hear a Whitesnake album I grab one of those. Voodoo Circle need to find their own sound and their own ideas.If you are a fan of blues oriented classic hard rock then you can have a look at “More Than One Way Home”. You’ll find some pretty good rockin’ tunes on here. However I dislike the lack of own creativity. If you can overlook the fact that this band sounds exactly like another big one, then you can add one point more to the score. Solid classic rock!

Line Up:

David Readman - Vocals (2008-present) - See also: David Readman, Delany, Missa Mercuria, Pink Cream 69, Andersen - Laine - Readman, ex-Adagio
Mat Sinner - Bass (2008-present) - See also: Goddess Shiva, Kiske / Somerville, Primal Fear, Sinner, Mat Sinner, ex-Rick Renstrom, ex-Scheepers (live), ex-Beast of Prey, ex-Cans
Alex Beyrodt - Guitars (2008-present) - See also: Missa Mercuria, Primal Fear, Silent Force, Sinner, Mat Sinner, ex-The Sygnet, ex-Wild Axes
Jimmy Kresic - Keyboards (2008-present) - See also: Kiske / Somerville
Markus Kullmann - Drums (2010-present) - See also: Dezperadoz, ex-Minotaurus, ex-Pump

Tracklist:

01. Graveyard City [00:04:04]
02. Tears in the rain [00:04:31]
03. Heart of Babylon [00:04:11]
04. Cry for love [00:04:17]
05. Alissa [00:04:40]
06. Ghost in your heart [00:05:31]
07. Bain of my existance [00:03:46]
08. More than one way home [00:04:32]
09. The killer in you [00:03:52]
10. Saint and the sinner [00:04:45]
11. Victim of love [00:04:55]
12. Open your eyes [00:05:11]
13. Shape of things to come [00:04:50] (Bonus Track)
14. Castles burn [00:04:22] (Bonus Track)

+ Video "Cry For Love" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 17 neregistrovaných