Aerosmith - Draw The Line (1977) (Japan Blu-Spec CD2 Edition 2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Máj 2022, 18:12

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 1977 (Japan Blu-Spec CD2 Edition 2013)
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans + Video
Size : 161 mb

Bio:

Aerosmith is an American rock band, sometimes referred to as "the Bad Boys from Boston" and "America's Greatest Rock and Roll Band." Their style, which is rooted in blues-based hard rock,has come to also incorporate elements of pop,heavy metal, and rhythm and blues, and has inspired many subsequent rock artists.The band was formed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1970. Guitarist Joe Perry and bassist Tom Hamilton, originally in a band together called the Jam Band, met up with vocalist/harmonica player Steven Tyler, drummer Joey Kramer, and guitarist Ray Tabano, and formed Aerosmith. In 1971, Tabano was replaced by Brad Whitford, and the band began developing a following in Boston.They were signed to Columbia Records in 1972, and released a string of gold and platinum albums, beginning with their 1973 eponymous debut album, followed by their 1974 album Get Your Wings. In 1975, the band broke into the mainstream with the album Toys in the Attic, and their 1976 follow-up Rocks cemented their status as hard rock superstars.Two additional albums followed in 1977 and 1979. The band's first five albums have since attained multi-platinum status. Throughout the 1970s, the band toured extensively and charted a dozen Hot 100 singles. By the end of the decade, they were among the most popular hard rock bands in the world and developed a loyal following of fans, often referred to as the "Blue Army".However, drug addiction and internal conflict took their toll on the band, which resulted in the departures of Perry and Whitford in 1979 and 1981, respectively; they were replaced by Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay.The band did not fare well between 1980 and 1984, releasing the album Rock in a Hard Place, which went gold but failed to match their previous successes.Perry and Whitford returned in 1984 and the band signed a new deal with Geffen Records. After a comeback tour, the band recorded Done with Mirrors (1985), which won some critical praise but failed to come close to commercial expectations. It was not until the band's collaboration with rap group Run–D.M.C. in 1986, and the 1987 multi-platinum release Permanent Vacation, that they regained the level of popularity they had experienced in the 1970s.In the late 1980s and 1990s, the band scored several hits and won numerous awards for music from the multi-platinum albums Pump (1989), Get a Grip (1993), and Nine Lives (1997), and embarked on their most extensive concert tours to date. The band also became a pop culture phenomenon with popular music videos and notable appearances in television, film, and video games. Their comeback has been described as one of the most remarkable and spectacular in rock 'n' roll history.[10][11] Additional albums followed in 2001, 2004, and 2012. Since 2001, the band has toured every year except 2008. After 45 years of performing, the band continues to tour and record music.Aerosmith is the best-selling American rock band of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide, including over 70 million albums in the United States alone.With 25 gold albums, 18 platinum albums, and 12 multi-platinum albums, they hold the record for the most gold albums by an American group, the most total certifications by an American group, and are tied for the most multi-platinum albums by an American group. The band has scored 21 Top 40 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, nine number-one Mainstream Rock hits, four Grammy Awards, six American Music Awards, and ten MTV Video Music Awards. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2001, and were included among both Rolling Stone's and VH1's lists of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.In 2013, the band's principal songwriters, Tyler and Perry, were inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.

Album:

Draw the Line is the fifth studio album by American hard rock band Aerosmith, released December 1, 1977.It was recorded in an abandoned convent near New York City, rented out for that purpose.The portrait of the band was drawn by the celebrity caricaturist Al Hirschfeld.According to AllMusic, "the band shies away from studio experimenting and dabbling in different styles; instead they return to simple, straight-ahead hard rock." [6] Kerrang! magazine listed the album at #37 among the "100 Greatest Heavy Metal Albums of All Time".By 1977, Aerosmith had released four studio albums, the two most recent - Toys in the Attic (1975) and Rocks (1976) - catapulting the band to stardom. However, as the band began recording their next album, Draw the Line, their excessive lifestyle, combined with constant touring, began to take its toll. "Draw the Line was untogether because we weren't a cohesive unit anymore," guitarist Joe Perry admitted in the Stephen Davis band memoir Walk This Way. "We were drug addicts dabbling in music, rather than musicians dabbling in drugs.Although the LP would sell well over a million copies in fewer than six weeks after its release, in 2014 Perry would refer to it as "the beginning of the end" and "the decay of our artistry...".According to Steven Tyler's autobiography Does the Noise In My Head Bother You, manager David Krebs suggested that Aerosmith record their next album at an estate near Armonk, New York called the Cenacle, "away from the temptation of drugs." The plan failed miserably, however, with Tyler recalling, "Drugs can be imported, David...we have our resources. Dealers deliver! Hiding us away in a three-hundred room former convent was a prescription for total lunacy."Largely due to their drug consumption, both Tyler and Perry were not as involved in the writing and recording as they had been on previous albums. According to Perry: A lot of people had input into that record because Steven and I had stopped giving a fuck. "Draw the Line," "I Wanna Know Why," and "Get It Up" were the only things Steven and I wrote together. Tom, Joey and Steven came up with "Kings and Queens," and Brad played rhythm and lead. Brad and Steven wrote "The Hand That Feeds," which I didn't even play on because I'd stayed in bed the day they recorded it and Brad played great on it anyway.Producer Jack Douglas, who had started producing the band with Get Your Wings in 1974, expressed similar feelings about the apathy that permeated the recording sessions:So I started Draw the Line, and for a while gave it my all. But because they were halfhearted about the record, I was too. Steven wasn't writing at all. They lyrics to "Critical Mass" came from a dream I had at the Cenacle. I never expected Steven to record it, but he didn't have anything else, so he used my lyrics as written. Same with "Kings and Queens." Steven and I wrote the lyrics together, which was like pulling teeth.For his part, Tyler has maintained that it was the band's lethargy, not his, that slowed his progress, because "I wasn't Patti Smith writing poetry. I write exactly to the music, and when the music ain't coming, neither were the lyrics."[8][full citation needed] However, Tyler confessed to Alan di Perna of Guitar World in April 1997, "What I specifically remember was not being present in the studio because I was so stoned. In the past, I always had to be there and hear every note that was going down - who was playing what and were they out of tune...I just didn't care anymore." Tyler's condition is evident in some of his lyrics, such as the line "pass me the vial and cross your fingers that it don't take time." In the VH1 Behind the Music episode on the group Douglas states, "People were shooting, bullets were flying. It was insane. People, drugs and guns. You know, they don't go together," with drummer Joey Kramer adding, "I don't know if we did any of those sessions, or made any of that record, straight." In his autobiography Rocks, Perry admits that he had misplaced a cookie tin full of demos for the band that he had prepared in his basement studio, irritating Douglas, but they were eventually found by Perry's wife Elyssa: Among those tapes was not only the fully realized "Bright Light Fright," but tracks that led to other songs like "I Wanna Know Why," "Get It Up," and "Draw the Line," the title tune. Something I'd started with David Johansen became "Sight for Sore Eyes." But the lyrics literally took months for Steven to write, and by then we were back at the Record Plant in New York.Relations deteriorated further when Perry presented "Bright Light Fright" to the band and they "didn't like it. I said, 'Do you want to do it or not?' They said no."Perry, who has stated the song was inspired by the Sex Pistols,sang the song himself on the LP. (He had shared lead vocal duties with Tyler on "Combination" from their previous album Rocks.) Of the ironically titled "Draw the Line," Tyler later recalled, "Joe had this lick on a six-string bass that was so definitive, the song just about wrote itself. It reached down my neck and grabbed the lyrics out of my throat.".The song encompasses many of the typical things Aerosmith is known for, including the strong rhythm backbeat and the back-and-forth interplay between guitarists Perry and Brad Whitford. The song slows down before building to a climax showcasing Tyler's trademark scream. The B-side of some versions of "Draw the Line", "Chip Away the Stone", was not on the LP but eventually surfaced on Gems. It was written by Richie Supa and received a fair amount of radio airplay after the release of Gems, and found its way into Aerosmith's live setlists for a while.Kramer explained in 1997 that "Kings and Queens," the LP's second single, was a "typical session at the Cenacle. It was recorded in the chapel with the pews out, the drums on the altar. Jack was in the confessional, hitting the snare drum by himself."[8][full citation needed] In his memoir, Tyler writes that the song's lyrics were inspired by a "medieval fantasy" that featured "a stoned-out rock star in his tattered satin rags lying on the ancient stone floor of a castle - slightly mad, but still capable of conjuring up a revolutionary album that would astound the ears of the ones who heard it and make the critics cringe."[10][full citation needed] Jack Douglas plays the mandolin on the track, which was also used as a B-side to Aerosmith's version of the Beatles' "Come Together," released to promote the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band film and soundtrack. "Get It Up" features Karen Lawrence, singer of the band L.A. Jets, on the chorus. David Krebs later stated that he felt Tyler's lyrics on songs like "Get It Up" did not help the album's standing among Aerosmith fans: "The essence of Aerosmith had always been a positive and very macho sexuality, total unashamed, a little sleazy...They didn't want to hear lyrics like 'Get It Up,' which repeated over and over again, Can't get it up'...The negative lyrics were a big problem.""Get It Up" was released as the album's third single but failed to break into the singles chart. The song is noted for its usage of slide guitar. The song was played occasionally by the band during the Aerosmith Express Tour from 1977–1978 in support of the Draw the Line album.[citation needed] The band did not have enough original material to cover the running time for a single album so they recorded two blues classics: Otis Rush's "All Your Love" and Kokomo Arnold's "Milk Cow Blues". "All Your Love" would not make Draw the Line but would later turn up on the band's box set Pandora's Box.

Line-Up:

Steven Tyler – lead vocals, harmonica, piano, backing vocals
Joe Perry – guitar, slide guitar, backing and lead vocals
Brad Whitford – guitar
Tom Hamilton – bass
Joey Kramer – drums, percussion

Guest musicians:

Stan Bronstein – saxophone on "I Wanna Know Why" and "Bright Light Fright"
Scott Cushnie – piano on "I Wanna Know Why" and "Critical Mass"
Karen Lawrence – backing vocals on "Get It Up"
Jack Douglas – mandolin on "Kings and Queens"

Production:

Aerosmith – producers, arrangers
Jack Douglas – producers, arranger
David Krebs – executive producer
Steve Leber – executive producer
Jay Messina – engineer
David Hewitt – remote director
Sam Ginsberg – assistant engineer
George Marino – mastering
Art direction: David Krebs – art direction
Steve Leber – art direction
Al Hirschfeld – cover illustration

Tracklist:

01. Draw The Line (3:24)
02. I Wanna Know Why (3:09)
03. Critical Mass (4:52)
04. Get It Up (4:03)
05. Bright Light Fright (2:19)
06. Kings And Queens (4:55)
07. The Hand That Feeds (4:23)
08. Sight For Sore Eyes (3:56)
09. Milk Cow Blues (4:14)

+ Video "Draw The Line (Live Texxas Jam '78)" (Live Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 19 neregistrovaných