Anthrax - Aftershock: The Island Years 1985-1990 (4CD) (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Apr 2022, 16:04

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Thrash Metal , Groove Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 675 mb

Bio:

Anthrax is an American thrash metal band from New York, formed in 1981 by guitarist Scott Ian and bassist Dan Lilker. The group was considered one of the leaders of the thrash metal scene during the 1980s. When the genre's popularity increased, Anthrax was one of its "big four" with Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer. As of 2014 the band has released ten studio albums, a number of singles and an EP with American hip hop group Public Enemy. According to Nielsen SoundScan Anthrax sold 2.5 million records in the United States from 1991 to 2004, with worldwide sales of over 15 million.Noted for its live performances, Anthrax signed with the independent label Megaforce Records (which released the band's debut studio album in 1984). Lilker soon left the band to form Nuclear Assault, and was replaced by roadie Frank Bello. Vocalist Neil Turbin left shortly after and was replaced by Joey Belladonna. With a new lineup, the band recorded Spreading the Disease (distributed by Island Records) in 1985. Anthrax's third album, Among the Living, was released in 1987 to critical praise. The band experienced another lineup change in 1992, when John Bush replaced Belladonna as lead vocalist. Sound of White Noise was released the following year, peaking at number seven on the Billboard 200. Studio recordings during the 1990s saw the band,influenced by other genres, experimenting with its sound.Anthrax's lineup has changed several times. Paul Kahn and Greg Walls were early replacements for drummer Dave Weiss and bassist Kenny Kushner; the band has had a number of vocalists, including Neil Turbin, Joey Belladonna and John Bush. Scott Ian and Charlie Benante, who joined Anthrax in 1983, are the only band members to appear on every album; bassist Frank Bello has played on every album except the band's first. Belladonna returned to Anthrax for Worship Music, his first studio album with the band since 1990's Persistence of Time.

Album:

Recently Aftershock (The Island Years 1985-1990) was released, a 4 cd box containing the albums Spreading The Disease, Among The Living, State of Euphoria and Persistence of Time. The band made those albums in what was later called the classic line-up: singer Joey Belladonna, guitarists Scott Ian and Dan Spitz, bassist Frank Bello and drummer Charlie Benante. From the debut Fistful Of Metal (with singer Neil Turbin) and the later albums with singer John Bush (Armored Saint) no songs are included in the box. The band from New York was popular at the end of the eighties thanks to the tighter-than-a-belt-around-a-anorexia-model riffs of Scott Ian and drumming of Charlie Benante. While the vast majority of thrash bands came from the San Francisco area, Anthrax, along with Overkill, was one of the few bands from the east coast at the time. Although the band dressed neatly according to the prescribed dress code (leather, denim and studs) in their early days, they gradually switched to easy-fitting clothing such as shorts and tracksuits. The use of accessories such as caps and skateboards set the band apart visually from almost all other bands in the genre.Together with Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth, Anthrax is called The Big Four of thrash metal and under this banner the quartet has played to packed stadiums in Europe and the United States in recent years. In hindsight we may ask ourselves if this was right, because the second, third, fourth and fifth albums of Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth are actually better than Anthrax's. Sometimes bands like Machine Head or Testament are mentioned as the fourth 'big' band, but those bands started later. The first wave did include Exodus (Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett came from Exodus), so if any band can lay claim...Anyway, back to Anthrax. Of the four albums in the box, Spreading The Disease is by far the best. The opener A.I.R. is perhaps Anthrax's very best song. A great riff, a driving rhythm and a lot of aggression. The single Madhouse was a regular item on MTV's Headbangers Ball at the time and the fast Gung-Ho a great closing track that turned out to be a step up for the legendary Stormtroopers Of Death project (S.O.D. with Billy Milano). On Among The Living, the single I Am the Law especially stands out. Scott and Benante are huge comic fans and wrote a song about their favourite Judge Dredd (who has been filmed twice already with Sylvester Stallone and more recently with Karl Urban). The song has a chopping riff and catchy arrangement and is one of the highlights of the band's oeuvre. The band's oft-quoted humour made its appearance on this album with Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.) in which they sing lyrics backwards. Tighter than tight is One World. The band had expanded its interest to other genres and experimented with hip-hop as heard on I'm The Man. A song that brought the band a hit. On stage Anthrax was and remained a party, catapulting the band from clubs to huge venues. By the time of State of Euphoria Anthrax was an established band consolidating its status with strong compositions such as Now It's Dark and Be All End All and the Stephen King novel based Misery Loves Company. Curiously, most attention went to the cover Antisocial by the French Trust (the band where Iron Maiden picked their drummer in 1984). The song became a regular encore and fitted the lyrics of the socially involved New Yorkers perfectly. After another long tour, things started to go wrong and you can hear that on Persistence of Time. Anthrax never had the aggression of Slayer or Dark Angel, for instance, but on Persistence of Time many songs lack aggression and sound artificial or even bland. It is illustrative that the best song (Got The Time) is a cover of Joe Jackson.Three of the four albums in this box are provided with bonus tracks, which makes the box a collector's item for fans. People who own little or nothing of the band, get the most important albums for a cheap price. Not the best, because that remains The Sound Of White Noise.

Line-Up:

Joey Belladonna - Vocals - See also: Belladonna, Chief Big Way, Journey Beyond, Metal All Stars, ex-Bible Black, ex-Triffid
Dan Spitz - Guitars (lead) - See also: Red Lamb, ex-Thrasher, ex-DeuxMonkey, Voices of Extreme, ex-Overkill
Scott Ian - Guitars (rhythm) - See also: Motor Sister, Mr. Bungle, Posehn (live), ex-S.O.D., The Damned Things, ex-Altitudes & Attitude (live), ex-Damnocracy, ex-Doom Squad, ex-Four-X, ex-Pearl, ex-Slam Jam, ex-Roadrunner United (live)
Frank Bello - Bass - See also: Altitudes & Attitude, ex-Helmet
Charlie Benante - Drums - See also: ex-S.O.D., ex-Altitudes & Attitude (live), ex-Metal Allegiance (live), ex-Heavy the Fall

Tracklist:

CD1: Spreading The Disease (1985)

01. A.I.R.
02. Lone Justice
03. Madhouse
04. S.S.C./Stand or Fall
05. The Enemy
06. Aftershock
07. Armed and Dangerous
08. Medusa
09. Gung-Ho

CD2: Among The Living (1987)

01. Among the Living
02. Caught in a Mosh
03. I Am the Law
04. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
05. A Skeleton in the Closet
06. Indians
07. One World
08. A.D.I./Horror of It All
09. Imitation of Life
10. Indians (Alternate Lead) (Bonus Track)
11. One World (Alternate Take) (Bonus Track)
12. Imitation of Life (Alternate Take) (Bonus Track)
13. Bud E Luv Bomb and Satan's Lounge Band (Bonus Track)
14. I Am the Law (Live in Dallas) (Bonus Track)
15. I'm the Man (Instrumental) (Bonus Track)

CD3: State Of Euphoria (1988)

01. Be All End All
02. Out of Sight Out of Mind
03. Make Me Laugh
04. Antisocial
05. Who Cares Wins
06. Now It's Dark
07. Schism
08. Misery Loves Company
09. 13
10. Finale
11. Friggin' in the Riggin' (B-Side of Make Me Laugh) (Bonus Track)
12. Antisocial (Live, B-Side of Make Me Laugh) (Bonus Track)
13. Antisocial (French Version, Penikufesin) (Bonus Track)
14. Parasite (From Penikufesin) (Bonus Track)
15. Sects (From Penikufesin) (Bonus Track)
16. Pipeline (Instrumental, From Penikufesin) (Bonus Track)

CD4: Persistence Of Time (1990)

01. Time
02. Blood
03. Keep It in the Family
04. In My World
05. Gridlock
06. Intro to Reality
07. Belly of the Beast
08. Got the Time
09. H8 Red
10. One Man Stands
11. Discharge
12. Protest and Survive (Japanese Bonus Track)
13. Who Put This Together (B-Side of Got the Time) (Bonus Track)
14. I'm the Man (Live, B-Side of Got the Time) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 5 neregistrovaných