The Jan Holberg Project - At Your Service (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 07 Mar 2022, 13:33

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , Melodic Heavy Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 115 mb

Bio:

Jan E. Holberg has a BA(hons) in Music from LIPA where he studied from 1998 - 2001. He has been touring and recording with artist such as Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow,Deep Purple), Gulli Briem (Mezzoforte) and Eythor Gunnarsson (Mezzoforte).In 2011 he released his first solo album called "Sense of Time" on Nordic Records. The album contains 10 songs written by Jan, and as the lead singer you will find Joe Lynn Turner, The album was recorded in Reykjavik, Iceland, with participation of some of Europe's finest musicians, with Jan handling the bass.Jan is currently residing in Malvik, just outside Trondheim, Norway.The idea behind the album is that music should be free, there are no musical borders, on this album. You can hear ballads, pop-songs, instrumentals and funk. This is what I am all about as a musician." - Jan Holberg."I had a great time stretching out the vocal style on Jan’s songs. I’m always interested in something different with quality. Looking forward to the concert dates!" - Joe Lynn Turner.In early 2013 - released the album "At Your Service" with special guests: Age Sten Nilsen, Joe Lynn Turner and Tony Carey.

Album:

There is nothing at all to dislike here, it's all just a bit tame for my liking.It's a sweeping statement I know, but when I see an album with the word 'Project' in the title and featuring several guest musicians and 'friends', I can't help but think this is going to be nice, easy to listen to, but ultimately not something that is going to live long in the memory. 'At Your Service' is the second album from the Jan Holberg Project and unfortunately does nothing to change that view.After Joe Lynn Turner provided vocals for Jan's first album, 'Sense Of Time' in 2011, he returns here and shares vocal duties with Tony Carey and Age Sten Nilsen (Wig Wam). There's plenty of variety throughout the album with the funk of opening tracks 'Waters Rising' and 'Battle Of Your Heart'. Turner is at his best with the soulful ballad 'Jealousy and Pride' and Tony Carey's grittier voice does a nice job with mid paced, acoustic driven rocker 'Outta My Face'. The rest of the album follows in similar vein, melodic rock certainly, but with a heavy dose of funk, a touch of country / folk influence at times and a fair helping of Americana.This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.Pleasant and varied enough for sure, but with nothing that really grabs you by the balls, or provides a hook that sticks in your brain. At thirty-five minutes and nine tracks it's not the longest album you'll ever hear, and I can't help wondering if Jan had carried on a bit longer would they have come up with the killer track, or are they already running out of ideas?There is nothing at all to dislike here, it's all just a bit tame for my liking. Closing track is ironically an instrumental titled 'I Still Remember'; ironic because, sorry to say Jan, but 24 hours later, I really can't say that I do.

Line Up:

Joe Lynn Turner - Vocals
Age Sten Nilsen - Vocals
Jan Holberg - Bass
Eythor Gunnarsson - Keyboards
Tony Carey - Vocals , Keyboards
Fridrik Karlsson - Guitars
Gulli Briem - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Water's Rising (4:03)
02. Battle For Your Heart (4:00)
03. Jealousy And Pride (5:10)
04. Outta My Face (3:42)
05. Shady Haze Of Grey (3:16)
06. Sensuality (3:36)
07. 21 Red (4:04)
08. When Push Comes To Shove (4:21)
09. I Still Remember (Instrumental) (3:20)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 37 neregistrovaných