Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2013
Style : Hard Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 110 mb

Bio:

Coney Hatch is a Canadian hard rock band who released three albums in the 1980s. Based in Toronto, Ontario, the band consists of vocalist and guitarist Carl Dixon who would also go on to play with April Wine and a Burton Cummings-less Guess Who for several years, as well as touring solo and releasing at least two solo albums; vocalist and bassist Andy Curran who had his own solo album featuring the semi-hits, "License to Love" and "No Tattoos"; guitarist Steve Shelski who has written several instrumentals for TSN; and drummer Dave 'Thumper' Ketchum. They released their first album in 1982. Ketchum left the band in 1983, and was replaced by Barry Connors who formerly drummed with Toronto. In April, 2008 Carl Dixon was very seriously injured in a car accident in Australia. On August 5, 2010 the original Coney Hatch line up including the now recovered Carl Dixon played a reunion show at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto. It was the first performance from the original line up since 1993. A further live date was scheduled for the Firefest rock festival in Nottingham, England on 23 October 2011.Coney Hatch is scheduled to perform at the Rock n' Roar weekend event August 16 & 17, 2013.

Album:

Toronto's own outta hand hard rockers and freaks of friction CONEY HATCH are alive and well, and still holding on to their not yet faded glory. Keep an eye out for their love games, because these operators are still swinging around monkey bars. They were quite popular in the early 80's while living the fantasy, even though they are named after The London Coney Hatch Lunatic Asylum. Thankfully, these revived rockers have re-united with the classic line-up set to stand up strong and shake it loose.Following the near fatal car accident in 2008 that nearly killed Carl Dixon, the band is refueled and have the fire to regain a strong following now that they are signed with Frontiers. They have worked with Kim Mitchell and Max Norman in the past, and they had a number of radio friendly hits. Carl also went on to play with APRIL WINE and THE GUESS WHO whiles other members pursued successful solo careers.I will never forget in 1985 hearing BUSTER BROWN cover the song “Monkey Bars” which is still a cool cut to play today. I know that the first two CONEY HATCH releases have been re-mastered, but the only CD I have ever had is the compilation: “Best Of Three” with material from their first three albums. In order to get a sense of what they sound like think ALDO NOVA, AXE (FLORIDA), '80s era APRIL WINE, HELIX, KICK AXE, etc. The new material on “Four” allows for a few updated elements, but still maintains that classic '80s Hard Rock flavor.The Y&T “Open Fire” effect of “Blown Away” makes you want to feel that feeling again with its punchy anthem, and pounding drum beat. I am pretty sure that Carl is doing all the singing this time, even though in the past Andy also served as lead vocalist on a number of hits like “Some Like It Hot” or “Wrong Side Of Town”. “Boys Club” has a great vibe to it as does “Down & Dirty”, you can almost feel the sleaze, but not be blinded by the glam. “The Devil U Know” has a strong message to it, and exhibits a mature level of songwriting.“Marseilles” is pure fun and homage to the locale, replete with a French toast to the town. “Keep Driving” has a MOODY BLUES “Asleep At The Wheel” meets B.O.C. “Dancin' In The Ruins” motif. Overall, CONEY HATCH is still connected to their original fan base, but they are not averse to trying new things too, which accounts for the funky vibe, and some more modern elements in favor of acts like NICKELBACK, DISTURBED, MY DARKEST DAYS, DAUGHTRY, etc. This is where I draw the line, as I prefer their original style and when they write songs in the vein of “Devil's Deck” is when I am most pleased. Believe me, all of us, we want more of the older style.I get no sleep tonight until I finish this review, so pay attention. It is high time to get to know these victims of rock who still make great music in the night, and I look forward to watching them do it again.

Line Up:

Carl Dixon – Lead Vocals, Guitars
Steve Shelski – Guitars
Andy Curran - Bass, Backing Vocals
Dave “Thumper” Ketchum – Drums & Percussion

Tracklist:

01. Blown Away (4:30)
02. Boys Club (4:40)
03. Down & Dirty (3:09)
04. Do It Again (3:39)
05. Connected (4:40)
06. Revive (4:14)
07. We Want More (3:55)
08. Devil You Know (3:41)
09. Marseille (5:02)
10. Keep Drivin’ (3:35)
11. Holding On (5:16)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 15 neregistrovaných