Laneslide - Flying High (Japan Edition) (2013)

hudební novinky 2013 / music news 2013
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 02 Apr 2020, 06:51

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok
Obrázok

Year : 2013 (Japan Edition)
Style : Melodic Hard Rock , AOR
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 161 mb

Bio:

LANESLIDE is one of the most exciting Melodic Rock collaborations in recent years, the line-up put together by Italian songwriter / guitarist Bruno Kraler (Brunorock) for their debut album, includes vocalist extraordinaire Frank Vestry (Marcello/Vestry, Last Temptation), Alessandro Del Vecchio (Hardline, Lionville, Edge of Forever) on keyboards, John Billings (Rick Springfield, Donna Summer, Lancia) on bass, Dominik Hülshorst (ex-Bonfire) on drums, as well as Lino Gonzalez and Bobby Altvater on guitars and Erik Mårtensson & Michael Bormann on backing vocals.A high flying band with members from different corners of our globe, that is Laneslide. I seem to recall that Laneslide is a song by Fleetwood Mac, not saying that the band has taken inspiration for their name from that but if they have I can imagine worse things to take that kind of inspiration from. Amongst these members from different parts of the world I suppose that keyboardist Alessandro Del Veccio is the most known as he seems to be participating everywhere. The singer Frank Vestry is probably also a name that some of you recall as he has done some acclaimed work as well and the press info states that this is one of the most exciting collaborations in recent years and discounting the collaboration that kicks the ass of any other collaboration they just might be. The do have a brilliant looking album cover at least and that should probably make some passers by stop and explore what hides behind that cover art, but will they discover one of the most exciting collaborations in recent years? that is the question.When playing the disc you will discover that it is melodic rock or AOR as it is often called in this configuration, it is built around strong melodies and very strong catchy choruses. I would say that considering the Del Veccio-factor there aren’t really any surprises coming to what we get with this album, it sounds in line with anything he is part of drawing notes on a paper for. But singer Frank Vestry is a different story as there is no way around the fact that he is quite brilliant and can carry songs all on his own, and the production is unsurprisingly top notch with a soundscape that impress. The album may not be the most varied I have heard in my life but there is some variation with a pair of songs diverting slightly from the navigated route and there is a cover that also deviates slightly. So I would say that this album is well placed on most accounts, which means that the takeoff shouldn’t be too difficult.And it isn’t as this is a high flying AOR-album, much thanks to the vocal skills of Vestry but the band has also provided him with some really high class hit songs that his vocals can take above the clouds. If you should have any reservations it has to be the common one, that this album does not divert much from the routes already chosen by many bands but they do it all so well that it doesn’t matter. And you could describe it a bit as an instruction of how to make a successful AOR-album because this is one of those.Best on the album I think the opening title track along with the cover song Self Control is, the first track because it opens in such an upbeat and uplifting fashion that you cannot help liking the rest of the album. And the cover because it is a great track in this fashion and I did enjoy it in the past even though I have to say that the Laneslide version is better the Laura Branigan’s original which I found much less good today than I remembered it being when I heard it long ago. There are some more nice hit songs as well but there isn’t really any need to name tracks here, I think that the ending ballad becomes a bit tired towards the end which makes the ending somewhat disappointing (the last minute or so) but if you have the album on repeat that doesn’t matter either as the opening track will alter your mood immediately.

Album:

Frank Vestry’s last band project was the terrific LANESLIDE and their album ‘Flying High’, a great slice of classic Melodic Rock with AOR touches.The Japanese version of the disc “Flying High [Japan Edition +2]” (now out of print) included 2 bonus tracks.Some time after, LANESLIDE also contributed an unreleased track to the ‘V.A. We Still Rock’ compilation.Mr. Vestry isn’t alone to create this Melodic Rock little gem: the recording team behind “Flying High” is an international crew of talents. In fact, the project has been created by Italian mastermind / songwriter / producer Bruno Kraler (BRUNOROCK) that’s also handled most guitar playing, helped by his compatriot and keyboards master Alessandro Del Vecchio (EDEN’s CURSE / HARDLINE / LIONVILLE) one of the busiest players in the European AOR market, or the famed Bobby Altvater (AFFAIR / LOVETRICK) as co-writer & guitar guest.The remaining members are from Sweden, USA or all the way from Germany, each musicians involved is talented and they are playing neat and well but, the spotlight is for Frank Vestry, who delivers another ultra-solid vocal performance with a high degree in prowess, and he really steals the show.The sound is obviously set for the nostalgic of the 80s style. A pure melodic Melodic Hard Rock songwriting full of very catchy AOR melodies with an hyper density in the backing vocals provided by Erik Mårtensson (ECLIPSE / WET) and Michael Bormann (ex-JADED HEART), two of the most respected and acclaimed musicians in this particular genre.Each track gives one and another example of how it can be fresh, vivid and still energetic, with an eye in the past ranging from UNRULY CHILD (“Hangin’On Here”) to HOUSE OF LORDS (“River Of Love”) to KING KOBRA (”Dancing Girls”) to SIGNAL (“You Can Make It”) to PROPHET (“Flying High”)… well, you can easily name them all.The Japanese bonus tracks are very good as well, a nice addition to the main CD.LANESLIDE ‘Flying High’ delivers that familiar classic 80s sound, a very positive vibe, melodic, but at the same time with a true rocking spirit – great songs edged by enormous hooks and anthemic choruses.A quality album full of Melodic Rock AOR prowess.
Hard to find, deleted Japan press.

Line Up:

Frank Vestry – Lead Vocals
Bruno Kraler – Guitars
John Billings – Bass
Alessandro Del Vecchio – Keyboards, Grand Piano
Dominik Hülshorst – Drums

Lino Gonzalez – lead guitars tracks 1, 3-9 rhythm guitar # 3, 6
Erik Martensson – backing vocals tracks 1-2, 6-9
Bobby Altvater – backing vocals track 1
Michael Bormann – backing vocals tracks 3-5

Tracklist:

01. Flying High
02. Hangin' Out Here
03. You Can Make It
04. River Of Love
05. Dancing Girls
06. Understand
07. Self Control
08. Look The Other Way
09. Your Fight
10. Washed Away
11. Change Your Mind (Japan Bonus Track)
12. Understand (Newly Recorded Version) (Japan Bonus Track)
13. Together As One [from V.A. We Still Rock] (Extra Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "NOVINKY 2013 / NEWS 2013"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 8 neregistrovaných