Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Sven Gali (CANADA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 04 Dec 2023, 06:58

Sven Gali - Bombs And Battlescars (Digipak Edition) (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023 (Music In Motion Entertainment)
Style : Alternative Metal , Grunge
Audio : 3320 kbps + all scans
Size : 83 mb

Bio:

Formed in 1987 in Niagara Falls and Hamilton, Sven Gali brought the 80’s and 90’s hard rock/metal wave to Canada. They toured extensively throughout the country, and across the US and Europe for the next 9 years. Twenty-five years after their debut album went Gold in Canada, the band is back with a new EP including songs recorded with legendary producer David Bendeth (Paramore, Breaking Benjamin, Bring Me The Horizon). The first track reached nr 3 on Top Rock Streams in Canada on the CBC. Their debut self-titled album released in 1992 included singles and videos for "Under The Influence", "Tie Dyed Skies", "In My Garden", and the ballad, "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" (#6 CanCon song of 1993). It included a cover of Teenage Head’s "Disgusteen" featuring guest vocals by Frankie Venom. The video for "Under the Influence" won the MuchMusic Best Metal Video award in 1993. The band was nominated for Hard Rock Album of the Year and Most Promising Band at the Junos. Sven Gali went gold in Canada that year. Sven Gali toured the wrold headlining and on the bill with acts including April Wine, Foreigner, Candlebox, Pearl Jam and Def Leppard. They were a stable on MTV’s HeadBanger’s Ball in the UK and Europe. Their follow up album, Inwire (1995), recorded at London Bridge Studios in Seattle, was produced by Kelly Grey (Candlebox, Brother Kane, Dokken) and featured guest musicians Christopher Thorn of Blind Melon, and Candlebox's Kevin Martin and Scott Mercado.

Album:

Canadian rockers Sven Gali are back with their third full-length studio album Bombs and Battlescars. Although there are nine songs on the album, three of these are demo tracks, and it appears that most of the songs were recorded piece meal at different periods of time given the varying production and mixing credits. In any case it’s great to have a new full-length record from this band that has experienced quite the resurgence during the last six years or so. Sven Gali gave us a taste of what was to come with their EP 3, which was released via RFL Records during the seemingly height of the Covid pandemic in mid-June 2020. That was a shame as I don’t think that the EP really received the push that it could have gotten. That being said, I really didn’t like the “new” musical direction taken by Sven Gali on that EP which had more of a grunge feel than what can be found on their stellar debut self-titled record.Unfortunately, it’s more of the same on Bombs and Battlescars although there are a few songs this time that stand out and that will remind you of Sven Gali‘s golden era period when they were playing songs that fit perfectly with what Sleaze Roxx caters to (i.e., their debut record back in 1992). The first stand out track is Sven Gali‘s cover of Triumph‘s “Spellbound”. It’s not because Sven Gali do such a great job with the track and more that it’s just a great song that is hard to fuck up completely. Of course, “Spellbound” first appeared on Triumph‘s Thunder Seven album, which was released back in 1984. Dave Wanless‘ vocals on Sven Gali‘s cover of “Spellbound” are much grittier and definitely less hitch pitched than Gil Moore‘s vocals. It seems that Sven Gali’s version of the track is a little heavier as well. It is hands down the best track on Bombs and Battlescars, which should raise some red flags when the cover song is the best one by far. The only other good song on Bombs and Battlescars is the seemingly acoustic demo “Nothing New” which appears to be Sven Gali‘s attempt at an Extreme type hit.Sadly, after that, it’s all downhill for the remaining seven songs. Sven Gali continue their path towards anything but ’80s flavoured hard rock and heavy metal with darker and slower tracks that really lack some real melody. The demo “Hogs” is absolutely horrible with its distorted guitar sounds and total lack of melody. “Hang Me Out” feels like a poor man’s experimental track from The Beatles. “One Gun” has one uninspired chorus. I dare you to try to sing along to that chorus. It’s just a hard track to get into no matter how many times that I listen to it. “Coming Home” and “All” are probably the best of the seven “filler” type tracks that Sven Gali offer. The demo “All” in particular feels like it might have been written around the time of Sven Gali‘s debut record and that’s a good thing. I could go through and comment on the other tracks “Monster” and “Life Inside” but they are both very forgettable.It’s a real pity that Sven Gali continue to thumb their nose at what got them success in the first place (their debut self-titled record). Given that Sven Gali are based fairly close to where I am located (with the exception of guitarist Andy Frank who spends a lot of time in China), I would love nothing more than to like their new songs so I could go see them live. Unfortunately, we are now at the point where it’s not even worth doing that because Sven Gali have so much unappealing new material to play live. It’s just not worth going to see them live to play a handful of songs from their self-titled debut album, and have to grin and bear for the rest of their set. I did see Sven Gali play live this summer but it was mainly because they were sandwiched between hot newcomer Deraps and the ever solid Coney Hatch (who have not lost sight of what got them success back in the day).It’s hard to fault Sven Gali as I think that they are genuinely playing and releasing new songs that they really like but the reality is that most of these songs are just not Sleaze Roxx friendly material. It pains me to say but it’s a hard pass on Bombs and Battlescars.Released in October 2023 (Music In Motion Entertainment).

Line-Up:

Dave Wanless – vocals
Andy Frank – guitar
Shawn Minden – bass
Sean Williamson – guitar
Dan Fila – drums

Production:

Produced by Andy Curran (1, 5)
Mixed by B. Robbins and A. Frank (1)
Produced by Sven Gali and J. Howard (2)
Mixed by J. Howard and A. Frank (2)
Produced by Sven Gali (3, 4, 6)
Mixed by B. Robbins (3, 4, 5)
Mixed by Sven Gali (6)
Produced and mixed by K. Grey (7, 8)
Produced and mixed by A. Frank (9)

Tracklist:

01. One Gun
02. Coming Home
03. Spellbound
04. Life Inside
05. Monster
06. Hang Me Out
07. Hogs
08. All
09. Nothing New

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "ALTERNATIVE Metal/Rock, METALCORE, NU Metal, INDUSTRIAL Metal, GRUNGE"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 33 neregistrovaných