Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Benesser (SWE)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 15 Aug 2018, 16:17

Benesser - The Start Of Something New (2013)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2018
Style : Alternative Rock , Progressive Rock
Audio : 320 kbps + scans + Video
Size : 155 mb

Bio:

Three-piece Swedish progressive/alternative rock.Band formed In 1998.The first known inhabitant of the town Dala-Järna in central Sweden was a man named Benesser and he built a white chapel by the water in the 13th century that still stands today. In this small town of 1500 people, David Olsson, Henric Hermansson, and Robert Olsson grew up doors away from each other and started playing music together at the age of 9. In 1998, the band No Brakes was formed by these three and they started playing quite a bit live and won the Musik Direkt competition for their province in 2006. By 2007, they had started finding their sound and after hearing the story about the chapel in their town, changed their name to Benesser. 2008 saw them win the Garagerocken contest for unsigned band not long after they played Sweden’s largest Christian music festival and began recording the Colors ep. The band then entered the BoomTown Music Education program for two years and began the recording process for The Start of Something New.Being from Sweden and playing alternative, sometimes heavy, guitar-driven music, there is the inevitable comparison to the band Blindside that will have to be made in a review, so I’ll get that out of the way early. Yes, you can hear some similarities to Blindside in Benesser, but only bits and pieces scattered throughout. Some of the vocal stylings are there, the Christian message is there, the emphasis on the guitar carrying the sound is certainly there, but in general, Benesser is not another Blindside, they have their own sound. What struck the most about the sound was that it instantly reminded me of early Spoken from Echoes of the Spirit Still Dwell. The vocals of Robert Olsson are very clean throughout and range from smooth, reassuring soft-spoken to loud soaring choruses and everything in between. Musically, the emphasis is definitely on the guitar and the songs are varied enough to cover typical alternative guitar riffs to even a blues-like solo in the song “Is it You”. Press materials about Benesser have included bands like Rush, Muse, and Coldplay and I can hear some bits and pieces of Rush and Muse, which are a good thing, and some of songs may have some of the atmosphere found in Coldplay songs, but by no means would you confuse Benesser for these bands as they have their own sound.

Album:

A very interesting and dynamic take on modern prog rock.I have been a big fan of the Christian music label Doolittle for quite some time now. Set up by ex-members of the Swedish Christian band Narnia, Doolittle has flourished over the years with many excellent bands including 7 Days, Divine Fire, Golden Resurrection and ReinXeed gracing the label. Though as those bands are they all play music in the same melodic metal/prog/symphonic ballpark. So when Benesser's 'The Start Of Something New' hit my reviews pile and I saw what label it was on, I had already decided what it was going to sound like. Wow! How wrong was I? Instead of melodic rock etc, I was listening to a Muse/Radiohead like modern prog album that I have fallen in love with.The musicianship is wonderful, hard hitting and in your face one moment, then softer and more laid back the next. Each song moving from slow and evocative beginnings to bold, brash explosive endings, to keep you enthralled. Check out the utterly brilliant 'Is It You' where the band pour layer upon layer of guitars into the song, so that it builds minute by minute until it finishes with a fiery, powerful and heartfelt conclusion. Or why not give 'Where O Death' (video on YouTube) a try. The song itself is very dark and the guitars, vocals and keyboards fill it up, until the seams of the track are fit to burst; the instruments also seem to have a driven, hauntingly beautiful quality to them as they are being played.This website uses cookies to help us give you the best experience when you visit. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Statement.The real star of this album however is Benesser singer and bassist Robert Olsson, whose almost plaintive voice wrings all the emotion and angst it can from this album's music and songs. On 'For The Eyes Of The Lord' he really shows what he is capable of, for instance. The music starts with a slow mournful guitar refrain, that is soon joined by Olsson's earnest vocal, which is raised in an almost hymn like reverence, then the guitars crash proceedings with powerful riffs and searing solos, that at first seem out of place but soon help the track to construct an all out attack on the listener's senses, until once again the mournful guitars take over to end this wonderful piece of music.Benesser might not be a band for everyone who reads this magazine; but if you have an eclectic musical taste like me and don't mind trying out different styles of rock music, then this very interesting and dynamic take on modern prog rock could be another album that you might want to give a listen to.

Line-Up:

Robert Olsson - Vocals, bass
Henric Hermansson - Guitar
David Olsson - Drums

Tracklist:

01. Where Silence Prevails
02. Babyface
03. Is It You
04. Colors
05. Where O Death
06. Sleepless Nights
07. Signs of Time
08. For the Eyes of the Lord
09. The Start of Something New

+ Video "Where Silence Prevails" (Official Video)

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Návrat na "ALTERNATIVE Metal/Rock, METALCORE, NU Metal, INDUSTRIAL Metal, GRUNGE"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 9 neregistrovaných