Ray Alder (USA)

Progressive Metal , Progressive Rock , Avantgarde....
Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Dátum registrácie: 21 Feb 2013, 19:14
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Ray Alder (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Jún 2023, 09:36

Ray Alder - What The Water Wants (2019)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2019
Style : Progressive metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 134 mb

Bio:

Ray Alder’s first solo album is entitled “What The Water Wants” and includes 10 melodic and versatile songs created with assistance from guitarists Mike Abdow (Fates Warning touring member) and Tony Hernando (Lords Of Black) as well as drummer Craig Anderson (Ignite, Crescent Shield). The album was mixed by Simone Mularoni (Rhapsody, Michael Romeo, DGM) and will be released worldwide on October 18th, 2019.

Album:

Ray Alder is an interesting case. He's the voice of Fates Warning, but not only has his voice been restricted greatly by time, but there's still a subset of fans who salivate over everything his predecessor does. Ray was also the voice of Redemption, which was a second-position project that I always enjoyed exponentially more than his main gig. The albums he made with Redemption were fantastic, in large part due to him getting to utilize the best attributes of his current voice. His importance was made all the more clear once Tom Englund took over, because that album has been completely forgotten in just a year. Given that disappointment, I am certainly ready to hear Ray doing something more melodic again, which is exactly where this, his first true solo album, comes in.Voices are all unique, for the most part, and Ray Alder has one of the more unique voices in metal. He can't hit the high notes he used to when he first joined Fates Warning, but the way his voice has aged has given him an emotional resonance that most metal singers simply don't have. His voice sounds lived in, as though it speaks from experience. He's a similar case to former MSG singer Gary Barden, in that they are clearly not what they once were, but they have something rather special about the way the patina of age has changed their instrument. Sometimes, getting worse makes something better.What I love about this record is that it fuses the two bands Ray is known for, while still sounding completely different. There is plenty of atmospheric sound and soft crooning in the verses of the songs, like there would be in Fates Warning, but there are also beautiful melodies, like we would find in Redemption. But this record is not prog, is not really metal, and certainly isn't experimental. By the way, those are all good things.What we get on "What The Water Wants" are lovely melodic rock songs that breathe, flow, and deliver a soothing catharsis. With Ray's voice, everything he sings comes across melancholic, and that feeling plays off the melodies in a beautiful way. I don't particularly like the term, but it's a slightly darker sound for a very mainstream-ish record. Ray and his band aren't interested in hitting you over the head with their music, this is more subtle and more nuanced than that. This is reflective music, not rousing music.Even the more aggressive songs, like "Shine", have a laid-back attitude to them. It's the kind of attitude that seethes rather than rages, an inward turn where most would be exploding. There are going to be plenty of people, mostly extroverts, who don't get this approach. Introverts, or maybe I should say people who erect walls to keep themselves from spilling out, and not the world from getting in, will understand the feeling this album gives me. It's not a common occurrence in rock or metal, for obvious reasons.If I'm being honest, that's the most important thing I can say here. I could try to point to individual songs for little guitar tidbits, or a specific melody, but that's missing the point. The details are lovely, but the bigger picture is where my focus is. All of the songs here are strong, and there is very little I could criticize if I wanted to, but but I want to leave you with the same impression I get from listening to this record. Yes, the songs are important on their own, and there are some great ones here, but this is a record you feel as much as you hear. It won't resonate with everyone, and that's fine. But if you give it a chance, it might be able to show you a different side of what rock music can be. Power can heal sometimes, and that's what Ray Alder is trying to do.

Line-Up:

Ray Alder - vocals - See also: Fates Warning, Engine, Ray Alder, ex-Redemption, ex-Syrus,
Mike Abdow - guitar
Tony Hernando - guitar
Craig Anderson - drums

Tracklist:

01. Lost
02. Crown Of Thorns
03. Some Days
04. Shine
05. Under Dark Skies
06. A Beautiful Lie
07. The Road
08. Wait
09. What The Water Wanted
10. The Killing Floor
11. The Road (acoustic))

Obrázok Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/

Obrázok

Download links for all albums only on our blog here: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Ray Alder (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 06 Jún 2023, 09:36

Ray Alder - II (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + scans
Size : 132 mb

Bio:

Ray Alder’s first solo album is entitled “What The Water Wants” and includes 10 melodic and versatile songs created with assistance from guitarists Mike Abdow (Fates Warning touring member) and Tony Hernando (Lords Of Black) as well as drummer Craig Anderson (Ignite, Crescent Shield). The album was mixed by Simone Mularoni (Rhapsody, Michael Romeo, DGM) and will be released worldwide on October 18th, 2019.

Album:

Following the fantastic feedback for the first solo album by Fates Warning vocalist Ray Alder - "What The Water Wants" - InsideOutMusic is pleased to announce the upcoming worldwide release of the follow-up effort "II". Once again, just like for the “What The Water Wants” debut, the new album was written with guitarists Mike Abdow (Fates Warning touring member) and Tony Hernando (Lords Of Black), who both also performed bass guitar on their own songs featuring drummer Craig Anderson (Ignite, Crescent Shield) and was mixed by Simone Mularoni (Rhapsody, Michael Romeo, DGM). Ray Alder’s second album is simply entitled “II”, but in musical terms this is a much more revealing, exploratory piece of work than its predecessor. Ray Alder checked in with the following comment about “II”, whose cover artwork can be seen above: “When we wrote the first solo album, I wanted to try some different musical styles. I didn’t want it to be really heavy, but more musical with catchy choruses. I think we did a pretty good job on that first one. But with this new album I wanted the music and lyrics to be darker and heavier. I think Mike did a fantastic job with the music. He listened to what I was saying and thinking musically. Tony knows that I like the big choruses and somewhat traditional sound. And of course Craig did an amazing job on the drums as usual. It's an honour to be able to work with them. "This album is more of a reflection of what I heard going forward as a solo artist. Longer songs, deeper lyrics and really pushing myself vocally. I hope that whoever listens to it enjoys it as much as I did while working on it.” Ray Alder added about “This Hollow Shell” as follows: “This Hollow Shell is the first song to be released from my new solo album II. When I first heard this song, I knew that it was going to be one of my favourites on the new album. It was dark and moody with tons of changes. It was like a huge blank canvas that I couldn’t wait to begin painting on. In the end it became one of the songs on the album that I am most proud of.”

Line-Up:

Ray Alder - vocals - See also: Fates Warning, Engine, Ray Alder, ex-Redemption, ex-Syrus,
Mike Abdow - guitar
Tony Hernando - guitar
Craig Anderson - drums

Tracklist:

01. This Hollow Shell 6:02
02. My Oblivion 4:36
03. Hands Of Time 6:08
04. Waiting For Some Sun 4:29
05. Silence The Enemy 4:41
06. Keep Wandering 5:51
07. Those Words I Bled 5:51
08. Passengers 5:51
09. Changes 7:45

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Odkazy na stažení všech alb naleznete pouze na našem blogu zde: http://goodmetalandhar.do.am/
Horex
Metalový král
Metalový král
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: Ray Alder (USA)

Príspevokod užívateľa Horex » 27 Jún 2023, 06:17

Ray Alder - II (Digipak Edition) (2023)

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Obrázok

Year : 2023
Style : Progressive Metal
Audio : 320 kbps + all scans
Size : 135 mb

Bio:

Album:

Following the fantastic feedback for the first solo album by Fates Warning vocalist Ray Alder - "What The Water Wants" - InsideOutMusic is pleased to announce the upcoming worldwide release of the follow-up effort "II". Once again, just like for the “What The Water Wants” debut, the new album was written with guitarists Mike Abdow (Fates Warning touring member) and Tony Hernando (Lords Of Black), who both also performed bass guitar on their own songs featuring drummer Craig Anderson (Ignite, Crescent Shield) and was mixed by Simone Mularoni (Rhapsody, Michael Romeo, DGM). Ray Alder’s second album is simply entitled “II”, but in musical terms this is a much more revealing, exploratory piece of work than its predecessor. Ray Alder checked in with the following comment about “II”, whose cover artwork can be seen above: “When we wrote the first solo album, I wanted to try some different musical styles. I didn’t want it to be really heavy, but more musical with catchy choruses. I think we did a pretty good job on that first one. But with this new album I wanted the music and lyrics to be darker and heavier. I think Mike did a fantastic job with the music. He listened to what I was saying and thinking musically. Tony knows that I like the big choruses and somewhat traditional sound. And of course Craig did an amazing job on the drums as usual. It's an honour to be able to work with them. "This album is more of a reflection of what I heard going forward as a solo artist. Longer songs, deeper lyrics and really pushing myself vocally. I hope that whoever listens to it enjoys it as much as I did while working on it.” Ray Alder added about “This Hollow Shell” as follows: “This Hollow Shell is the first song to be released from my new solo album II. When I first heard this song, I knew that it was going to be one of my favourites on the new album. It was dark and moody with tons of changes. It was like a huge blank canvas that I couldn’t wait to begin painting on. In the end it became one of the songs on the album that I am most proud of.”

Line-Up:

Mike Abdow - guitar
Tony Hernando - guitar
Craig Anderson - drums

Tracklist:

01. This Hollow Shell 6:02
02. My Oblivion 4:36
03. Hands Of Time 6:08
04. Waiting For Some Sun 4:29
05. Silence The Enemy 4:41
06. Keep Wandering 5:51
07. Those Words I Bled 5:51
08. Passengers 5:51
09. Changes 7:45
10. This Hollow Shell (Acoustic) (Bonus Track)

Obrázok Obrázok

Obrázok

Návrat na "PROGRESSIVE Metal, PROGRESSIVE Rock"

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 12 neregistrovaných